No photo = no add!

Options

Replies

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    qon4hriqwrtg.gif

This frightens me, yet I can't stop looking at it.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    xxtonixx87 wrote: »
    It should be a rule to have a pic on these kind of sites.

Are you looking for a date?

I'm just here to lose 10 pounds and tone up a bit. I don't need to see a photo of your chest to talk to you.

Why does anyone's chest have to be showing? You have a profile pic which gives you an identity on here from people with none, that is my point, this is not tinder.
    I have a very hairy chest.

I know. ;)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I appreciate and respect people wanting to remain anonymous. I sometimes wonder if I should remove my picture. I do like seeing a picture, but I can get a feeling of who I am dealing with based on peoples words better than what they look like.

Pictures don't have to be a selfie...I see many pictures of someone crossing a finish line, on a bike, in the mountains, etc. You can see the person - but not clearly.

I also believe that no picture means that they will not be on MFP 6 weeks from now.

Wrong--I've been here for 4 yrs--you lose.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Hold on, I noticed a flaw in the OP's equation. It cannot be solved.

4vk0vqo09cw3.jpg
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    All that hamburger meat... :lol:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I prefer a memorable picture (doesn't have to be a photo, just something I can associate with you). But I so far only reject adds when they add but don't send a message explaining who they are/why they're adding me.

Oddly enough I think I remember simple images better than photos anyway. Must just be how my brain works.

And I have come to think of myself as a chubby cheeked chipmunk now. I couldn't change that.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Looking at the post counts of users on this thread without 'real' photos makes it a little ironic...

I wouldn't add me either.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I love the surreption and intrigue of online craziness, so photoless mysterious characters who keep their profiles private and don't record in the voice thread are some of my favorites :love:

Our own sentimental, paranoid and fantastic minds create who we think we're talking to online and I'm very willing to groove with it.

I approve of this post. Furthermore, I agree. :grin:
  • duckquacky
    duckquacky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    There should be a rule to have a pic on these kind of sites? Ever heard of catfish or had you pics stolen by the others? You'll never know who's behind the pic until you facetime or skype.
    Are you going to verify all your social media friends pictures then? It is not a realistic request

That's why I have a picture of a cat wearing a tie. I feel it's an adequate representation of my spirit. Unlike my face, which is not :smile: . Plus strangers scare me.

• Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Is it just me who wants to see who they're talking to or who you're sharing information with?
    A lot of people add me who seem lovely but why don't they have a profile pic?, I have started automatically deleting because I'm not going through the whole, "are you male or female?, why have you added me?" conversation every time.
    It should be a rule to have a pic on these kind of sites.
    The last thing we're here to do is judge, we just want to see who's on our page, agree??

It is a lot like those wanting friends, but then you open their profiles and they have never bothered to fill them in. No picture, no information, no note??? I am open to added people, but I am also content doing my thing.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    No thigh gap = no exceptions!

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Op still hasn't added me

This is because you are giving her the thumbs down in your profile pic. On the internet everything you see is true, dontcha know.

Would a thumbs up increase my chances?

Up where?
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I appreciate and respect people wanting to remain anonymous. I sometimes wonder if I should remove my picture. I do like seeing a picture, but I can get a feeling of who I am dealing with based on peoples words better than what they look like.

Pictures don't have to be a selfie...I see many pictures of someone crossing a finish line, on a bike, in the mountains, etc. You can see the person - but not clearly.

I also believe that no picture means that they will not be on MFP 6 weeks from now.

5 1/2 Years pal

@BowlingForHollars

My next post was that I thought Avatars qualified as pictures. What I was referring to is no-nothing.

BTW - I have been on here for several years as well. Just don't rage quit MFP and have to start a new ID ;-)
  • pinuplove
    Options

5 1/2 Years pal

@BowlingForHollars

My next post was that I thought Avatars qualified as pictures. What I was referring to is no-nothing.

BTW - I have been on here for several years as well. Just don't rage quit MFP and have to start a new ID ;-)

Gotcha. I've only gotten as far as rage take a break...

I rage left so I could go back to my old bad habits and eat all the food and gain 45 pounds because I thought it would be fun to lose it again. Worked!