What did you dream about last night?

Options

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever remember dreams but this is one that was recurring many years ago. I was in an older house out in the woods with one of my teachers. At dark, werewolves started coming out of the woods and trying to get in the house. Just as they were about to get in, my teacher turned into one too.

Of course, there was also the running and going nowhere dream.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Why is it when I have those types of intimate dreams, the other people are faceless? I had another one last night. Always faceless people in my hookup dreams. :lol:
  • loveliveswithin
    loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I rarely ever remember dreams but this is one that was recurring many years ago. I was in an older house out in the woods with one of my teachers. At dark, werewolves started coming out of the woods and trying to get in the house. Just as they were about to get in, my teacher turned into one too.

Of course, there was also the running and going nowhere dream.

Werewolf represents the natural beastly instinct of humans. The teacher represents the one who rules over you via rules, doctrine or law.
    "You can run but you can't hide" theme pronounced.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    Why is it when I have those types of intimate dreams, the other people are faceless? I had another one last night. Always faceless people in my hookup dreams. :lol:

Oftentimes they are in spirit form, no face. Or have hidden a part of themselves from you.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    I dreamt the spirit that haunts me put a tiny earth in the palm of my right hand (about the size of a marble).
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Seeing as my life can't getting any worse I dreamt about my ex boyfriend who dumped me because I said he wouldn't leave me and he likes proving people wrong.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Long story, nightmare, terrifying.

Ok so I get off a long plane ride. I don't remember the flight itself, just arriving at the airport. I picked up my bags and went to go find the person I am meeting. I don't remember seeing specific faces, just that it was very busy and people were walking all directions around me.

I notice her thru the crowd right away. She's smiling and holding a small paper sign with my MFP username on it. I smile back and start walking towards her, as I get close I get a weird feeling in my stomach and as I reach one arm out to give her a hug, her head tilts back and she opens her mouth (this *kitten* gets freaky so bear with me). Not sure how to describe it really but the top part of her mouth isn't connected to the rest of her jaw. So when her head tilts back, it looks like a *kitten* PEZ dispenser. Out of her mouth comes a tarantula, and it starts crawling down her neck and as it makes its way down her body its getting bigger and bigger, like Lord of the Rings holy *kitten* that's a big spider big.

I'm horrified watching this happen and I'm taking steps back as this spider is nearing the floor in front of me. I look up briefly and notice her body decomposing, but not, its more like disintegrating and from that the 'dust' or whatever turns into little spider hatchlings. If you've seen 'The Mist' 2007? I think, you'd understand what I mean with that spider scene.

Overcome with fear I look around and notice the airport has suddenly become empty. Then I wake up.

Quick backstory. Yes I do have a case of arachnophobia, kind of. Not terrified of them, but certainly won't pick one up just for giggles. As well, I will be on a plane very soon, and will be meeting up with a woman on the other side of the world (not what you think). Although we have never met, we have been communicating on FB for about six weeks now and I have no freakin clue why I would dream about her dying(?) in such a brutal way.

I don't feel threatened by her, or in anyway uncomfortable so I can't imagine it relating to some fear of meeting her or whatever right? She's been nothing but wonderful in our correspondence and she can make me laugh easily, something most people can't do.

This spider thing threw me for a loop too. I don't even remember the last time I saw one. Plus, its not even that high up there as far as my fears are concerned. I'm more terrified of drowning, burning alive and compressed gasses than spiders.

You were spot on with your analysis of my last dream @loveliveswithin wanna give this one a go? ;p

This one is about secrets. You think your friend you anticipate meeting has secrets? Deep dark down inside? The longer you stay in her presence, the more you will see coming into full view. The dust part represents that she is human.
    Unlike online communication, there is no delay in the delivery of speech to each other.

Hmm. I never thought of that. Like literally didn't even think/feel/consider that she would be keeping secrets. Maybe I'm just too trusting. Is it possible I'm projecting?

Interesting interpretation.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ISparkyI wrote: »
    Dreamt I ate a 4 pound marshmellow . . woke up this morning and a pillow was missing . .

Stop it; just stop it.

This is a very, very, serious thread.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I was welding part of a fancy gate that was being used as part of a set for a television show.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    I was welding part of a fancy gate that was being used as part of a set for a television show.

The gate represents that which stands between you and the Full Enlightenment. The fact that you are welding it (building up the barrier) means that you are not ready to receive what lies beyond the gate(s). The TV show represents life in which you live and play a role.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I was helping a friend thru a crisis, then got dragged to someone's house, and missed my MRI. I was freaking out because I was trying to reschedule and the phone kept disappearing when I put it to my ear.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    I was helping a friend thru a crisis, then got dragged to someone's house, and missed my MRI. I was freaking out because I was trying to reschedule and the phone kept disappearing when I put it to my ear.

You are taking on too much and need to make time for yourself.
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Oftentimes they are in spirit form, no face. Or have hidden a part of themselves from you.

For me they are not faceless. They are people I know but am extremely uninterested in hooking up with.
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    Options
    I dreamt the spirit that haunts me put a tiny earth in the palm of my right hand (about the size of a marble).

This seems a lot like a vision of Julian of Norwich. A favorite mystic of mine.
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    Options
    For Julian, the earth was a seed.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me if you reveal your dreams they come true. So be careful
  • JosephPulaski
    JosephPulaski Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me if you reveal your dreams they come true. So be careful

If that's the case, I dreamt I won the Powerball a few nights ago :)
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options

The gate represents that which stands between you and the Full Enlightenment. The fact that you are welding it (building up the barrier) means that you are not ready to receive what lies beyond the gate(s). The TV show represents life in which you live and play a role.

An interesting interpretation and without knowing how I was feeling in the dream as I was doing this activity in my dream I might have the same one.

In the dream the gate was open and I was fixing it for others to pass through. I was quite happy and the closer I got to finishing it the stronger my spirit felt and more compassionate.

IRL one of my jobs is a Civilian Instructor with the Canadian Air Cadet Program and part of my job is supporting and encouraging youth as they develop their leadership and community service skills so I think the dream is connected to the role of support and guidance for others.

The tv show, well that was lucid dreaming and I chose that environment because it was for a show I love...lol.

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...this thread is getting so deep! I'm only going to report my sex dreams from now on, and try not to wake up before the good stuff...
  • loveliveswithin
    Options

An interesting interpretation and without knowing how I was feeling in the dream as I was doing this activity in my dream I might have the same one.

In the dream the gate was open and I was fixing it for others to pass through. I was quite happy and the closer I got to finishing it the stronger my spirit felt and more compassionate.

IRL one of my jobs is a Civilian Instructor with the Canadian Air Cadet Program and part of my job is supporting and encouraging youth as they develop their leadership and community service skills so I think the dream is connected to the role of support and guidance for others.

The tv show, well that was lucid dreaming and I chose that environment because it was for a show I love...lol.

The gate you were fixing is the separation between two sides. If there was no gate... There would be only one.