6-Week Challenge (April 24-June 5)

Options

Replies

• kcastagnoli
    kcastagnoli Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    michy84 wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new people! I hope everyone is doing well so far!

thanks! I'm starving!!! LOL! and that is NOT me in the picture, that's Mel B and friend. She does 600 sit-ups a day: a reminder that everyone has to work to achieve their goals. Not just us :)
  • kcastagnoli
    Options
    4getmen0t wrote: »
    First timer here and would like to join. How does this work? My wedding day is less then 4 weeks from now. I would like to shed a few pounds.

SW: 122lbs (found out my new weight at my doc apt : (( )
    GW: 115lbs

04/24: 122 lbs

Congrats on your wedding! You can do it! I'm guessing you are short, like me. We have different challenges than our taller friends. But this wedding is probably going to be the best motivation you'll ever have in your life! so take advantage of it. And good luck!
    PS Don't despair, everyone knows the doctor's scales are 3-5 pounds heavy. <<wink>>
  • michy84
    michy84 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    4getmen0t wrote: »
    First timer here and would like to join. How does this work? My wedding day is less then 4 weeks from now. I would like to shed a few pounds.

SW: 122lbs (found out my new weight at my doc apt : (( )
    GW: 115lbs

04/24: 122 lbs

Welcome. Just post your weigh in each week and post during the week if you want to chat about how things are going!
  • michy84
    Options
    Success! My husband suggested Chick-fil-a tonight, which I love! I did order a meal but I got grilled chicken instead and a chocolate milk for the drink which I took home with me for a treat for tomorrow. So, my calories came in lower than they would have if I splurged with a sandwich, fries, sauces, frosted lemonade, etc.
  • shellz140
    shellz140 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late but I'm in...first weigh in will be 5/1

SW 196
    GW 180
  • kcastagnoli
    Options
    Success! My husband suggested Chick-fil-a tonight, which I love! I did order a meal but I got grilled chicken instead and a chocolate milk for the drink which I took home with me for a treat for tomorrow. So, my calories came in lower than they would have if I splurged with a sandwich, fries, sauces, frosted lemonade, etc.

Good job Michy! You're an inspiration to us, your groupies. :) My weakness is Egg McMuffins and I swear there is a McDonalds on every corner here in Phoenix. I need some kind of mantra to help drive by them instead of giving in. Any suggestions?
  • galton11
    galton11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need motivation to lose my last 20 pounds before summer:)
    SW:140.6
    GW:120
    4/24/17: 140.6
  • hoppejk
    hoppejk Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Nice work! Eating out for a quick dinner can ruin a day pretty quickly.
  • hoppejk
    hoppejk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hoppejk wrote: »
    I made my hubby take the Easter candy to work to get it out of the house.
    For working out I go to jazzercise I a regular basis.

My tough time of the day is when we all get home at 5 or 6 and I am so hungry, but diner is still an hour or so away.

Good job on removing the candy! I find it really helps to eliminate anything tempting from the house! I am putting a huge effort into not buying anything I will be tempted to binge on if it sits in the house.

I know, having it in the house is the problem, but then I feel bad for my kids when they don't get any treats.
  • michy84
    Options

Good job Michy! You're an inspiration to us, your groupies. :) My weakness is Egg McMuffins and I swear there is a McDonalds on every corner here in Phoenix. I need some kind of mantra to help drive by them instead of giving in. Any suggestions?

Aww, thanks! I am trying so hard. I really want to reach my goal this challenge. Egg mcmuffins have around 300 calories so I would say if you can afford the 300 calories in your day, go ahead and treat yourself once in a while! But, if you already have your calories planned for the day and can't have one, just try to think how happy you'll be if you stick to your plan.
  • michy84
    Options
    hoppejk wrote: »

Nice work! Eating out for a quick dinner can ruin a day pretty quickly.

Thanks! That is so true.
  • twestra62
    twestra62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Need some accountability and motivation.

SW 162
    GW 152

4/24: 162
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:

• eferata128
    eferata128 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in , need all the motivation I can get !
    SW 142
    GW 135

4/24: 142
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:
  • hedberg0666
    hedberg0666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

SW:175
    GW:140

4/24:175
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:
  • Disconapper
    Disconapper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 184
    GW: 145 (I know I won't hit this goal during this challenge).

4/24: 184
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:

• jtmoney1121
    jtmoney1121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    first post on the boards! i'd love to join!

SW: 176.5
    GW: 163 (i'm assuming this means my goal weight for 6/5?)

4/24: 176.5
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:
  • inquilter01
    inquilter01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am restarting this journey, one I have been avoiding for awhile now. I think this challenge will help motivate me to stay going longer than a few days.

SW: 170.8
    GW: 164 (for this challenge)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,310 Member
    Options
    SW:142.2
    GW:135

4/24: 142.2
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:
  • Yvettesecret
    Yvettesecret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SW: 161
    GW: 138

4/24: 161
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:
    6/5:
  • kcastagnoli
    Options

Aww, thanks! I am trying so hard. I really want to reach my goal this challenge. Egg mcmuffins have around 300 calories so I would say if you can afford the 300 calories in your day, go ahead and treat yourself once in a while! But, if you already have your calories planned for the day and can't have one, just try to think how happy you'll be if you stick to your plan.

"Just stick to your plan." Great motto, great mantra. I'm thrilled to be on this challenge and we'll get there together! Just stick to your plan. Just stick to your plan....keep on driving past the arches and get the grilled chicken instead. :)