Replies

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    10th-15th in Georgia.
    13-May: Battle of Byron 5K, GEICO/Special Olympics 5K (Macon), Back the Blue Glow Run 5K/10K (Warner Robins)

Just FYI.

I'll keep that in mind!!!! I'll be down for running all over Georgia!

I think I read you were going to be in south GA, but if you are up this way...
    20-May: Run the Rails 5/10k in Buford, GA.
    I'll be running it! Parts of the course I run almost daily.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @MobyCarp @lporter229 Thank you for the input from your experience. Just for reference, here are what Daniel's said, and what my current PR's are, and when I hit them, because some I haven't tried for new ones in a while

Daniels:
    1 mile: 7:30
    5k: 25:53
    10k: 53:58
    HM: 1:59:04
    Full: 4:08:15

PR's
    1 Mile: 7:31 (11/24/16)
    5k 23:22 (11/8/16)
    10k: 53:58 (today, according to Strava "best efforts)
    HM: 2:01:09 (9/23/16)

I'm not really thinking I can run a full at 9:28 pace, especially with all the X-Factors in there with it being my first marathon, and the distance will be a PR, etc... It's more that it got me to thinking that maybe I could start out with the 4:15 pacer and not want to die.

I ran my 19 mile last weekend at 4:15 marathon pace, and it wasn't all that bad, and there were some killer hills on the run that the marathon won't have, and the marathon is a net downhill. I apologize if I'm sounding like I'm trying to justify craziness (well, maybe I am) I just figured giving more info to you folks I look up to is a good idea.

It's all kind of academic, since I'm still 6 and a half weeks out, but it is fun to think about, and I am a numbers junkie!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Last month my goal was 100 miles. I have a 10 mile run scheduled on Sunday so my actual mileage for April will be 135. I want to set myself a more ambitious goal, HOWEVER, it is about to get hotter than the seventh level of hell here in Central Texas. So....

May's Goal = 125 miles

5/1/17 = 3 mile run + 1 hour kettlebell workout
    5/2/17 = rest day
    5/3/17 = 6 mile run

The temperature is now reaching daytime highs in the 90s. I miss winter...
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    5.1.17 - 5.7.17 - Continue taper for 3 marathons over 4 weeks.

M - 1 m. Plus Elliptical/Biking/Walking/Steps.
    T - 3.5 m.
    W - 4.5 m. I'm not yet even back to my recovery pace :)
    T -
    F -
    S -
    S - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH.
    Total - miles for the week

roz11i1jp7us.jpg

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 4 miles
    5/3: 4 miles

I ran half the miles I had planned today as my back is still pretty feisty. It feels okay standing and great when I'm walking or laying down, but it hurts something awful when I'm sitting. I had to make my desk a standing desk just to be halfway comfortable at work. I have a chiro appointment tomorrow, and hopefully that will straighten me out so I can stop being a whiny baby. Until then I'm keeping mileage low and easy.

I did get to try out both my trail shoes -- on the canal tow path only, so they wouldn't get too dirty and I wouldn't tweak my back further on real trails -- and I like them both! I like the Terra Kiger a bit more than the Wildhorse, but I think the WH will be a better choice for a longer distance. I'll give them both a shot this weekend (I hope, as long as my back plays along) but am 90% decided on keeping both pairs.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races
    5/14: Delaware Marathon Running Festival HM
    7/1: Finger Lake Fifties 50k (trail)
    10/8: Steamtown Marathon (BQ Attempt #3)

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 - I was always a swimmer not a runner. It's taken my best friend 15+ years to turn me into a runner. The last time I got into a pool - 2,000 yards, which would have been a nice easy warm up in my swimming years.... nearly killed me, and took me an hour.... I completely understand....

@KatieJane83 you just gave me a heart attack- my 5k is 29:53 as of march, which isn't that far off of yours, and seeing a 1 at the beginning of that time prediction got me scared for my upcoming half(my first). However, the small 5k difference leads to a substantial half difference (I had to look this up to talk myself back down.) it predicts 2:17 for me. I did 13.5 miles in 2:42 the other day, by myself. So, I figured with race environment and having my buddy back I could possibly break 2:30. So 2:17 might not be too terrible an estimate for me?? But under two as a predicted goal would have had me a bit panicked.

1.6 this morning at 30 degrees and snowing.
    4 tonight at 60 and sunny. I am a native and I'm even thinking the weather needs to adjust its meds....
    8.7/100

Other question I have - could someone explain to this Luddite how to post pictures on this thing????

There may be some neat things to show after my trail race this weekend, and I am probably just being dumb, but I don't have any idea how most of this works.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    04/05 - 4.25 mile speed(ier) run @7:42min/mile (would not be able to sustain that for the full 6.2mile, as I was slowly preparing for my coffin), followed with Interval & Chest

exercise.png

Completed
    11/03 - 10K Run The Solar System (thanks for the tip) - 52:01
    12/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 1  ) - 1:54:02
    25/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 2  ) - 1:53:53
    15/04 - TM Easter Bunny support run (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 2  ) - 1:59:03
    01/05 - Milton Keynes HM - 1:55:30
    Coming up:
    • 18/06 - Run-Bedford-Run - 10K
    • 02/09 - Bedford HM
    • 24/09 - Windsor HM
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    May 04     5.1        5.1

exercise.png

First post for May ... page 10 of the thread. Wow.

Trying for 80 but May events may keep me from that. We'll see!
  • SweetSassyJen
    SweetSassyJen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    May goal: 50 miles

May 1: Rest
    May 2: 3.58 miles
    May 3: 3.58 miles
    May 4: 3.59 miles

May total: 10.75 miles
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome @AlursaMarie and @imali1984!

@PinkamenaD8 - How new to running are you? With 100k as your goal I'm guessing 5k is something you have run before, maybe even somewhat regularly? If not then you might check out C25k. If so, then they also have programs to bridge from C25k to 10k that might be what you are looking for. You might also check out the Hal Higdon training plans for 10k and Half Marathon.