May 05     5.1       10.2
    May 06     6.5       16.7

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @whatmerunning yeah on the free race!
    @kristinegift you just gave me a new appreciation for Nunn 
    @kgirlhart I swore I could never run without music until my ipod died in the freezing cold and I had to. Now I seldom run with it. Also many races around here don’t allow it. I’m good with it too because now I chat with people around me during a race instead of listening to my music.
    @autumnblade75 concentrate on yourself and we’ll be here when you are ready to come back
    @elise4270 so close!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    May Running Challenge

Goal: 100 km
    Done: 3/100

6/5/17 circuit training+walk7 km
    5/5/17 3 km
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 concentrate on yourself and we’ll be here when you are ready to come back

That is exactly the plan. Thank you.
  • GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Date : Distance : Total
    05/01 : 4 miles : 4 miles
    05/03 : 4 miles : 8 miles
    05/06 : 4 miles : 12 miles
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 awesome running!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn - fabulous run - you are going to be really well prepared for that first marathon!
    @zdyb23456 - Love it when everything falls into place with the world during a run! :)
    @WhatMeRunning - So, is your company hiring??? Love that you are getting to add on that Half. Sounds like a great time.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 4 miles
    5/3: 4 miles
    5/4: 3 miles
    5/5: 3.8 miles
    5/6: 5 trail miles

Today was supposed to be 8-10 trail miles, and I was really excited to get out and get muddy after the rain yesterday, but my back had other plans. I woke up this morning with my back feeling great. Then I decided to clean a bit before meeting my friend at 10 at the trail. I bent over to scoot a laundry basket and my back said, "NOPE!" And now it's worse than it was before. I went for the run anyway because it felt better with movement (sitting is the worst), and the pain almost totally went away during the hour-fifteen I was out running. But almost as soon as we stopped, the muscles in the lower back tightened back up and haven't really eased up since. I can't even find a 100% comfortable position to lay down in. I'm going to have to go back to the chiropractor ASAP on Monday, I think. There's no way I can make it 5 days until my scheduled appointment with the way I feel now. :'(

exercise.png

Upcoming Races
    5/14: Delaware Marathon Running Festival HM
    7/1: Finger Lake Fifties 50k (trail)
    10/8: Steamtown Marathon (BQ Attempt #3)

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the HM PR @wishiwasarunner! :sunglasses: Sounds like you got a good recovery in and had a good event! Hope you're feeling well.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @wishiwasarunner your making your username become ironic. Great work running the PR!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @snowyne awesome race! You've made HUGE progress from never having run to where you are today!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn -- Thank you!! Love the support that exists here. So uplifting!
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited May 2017
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn -- Thank you!! Love the support that exists here. So uplifting!

That's my favorite part. This group is all support.... and putting me in my place when I need it.... but all to help improve as a runner.

@_nikkiwolf_ nice food diary for the day......LOL, you've got to love carbo loading.
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @snowyne- That is an awesome pace! You should be very proud! I ran my first 5K 2 years ago at about the same age and finished in 32 minutes. Not that it means much, but you already have me beat, lol. And I am sure you are feeling much better from the training - wins all the way around!