Options
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 4 miles
    5/3: 4 miles
    5/4: 3 miles
    5/5: 3.8 miles
    5/6: 5 trail miles
    5/7: Begrudingly: a rest day

I was supposed to do 10-12 miles this morning, but I decided to take the day off instead for two reasons. 1) I was at a party until about 3 am last night, so meeting my run group at 7 would have been awful. 2) My back felt better last night after lots of laying about in bed and ibuprofen, so I continued with ibuprofen today and more laying around. I did a bit of cooking, some laundry, and a bit of cleaning, with lots of TV in bed in between. And my back does feel much better now. I'm just bothered by the fact that I can't tell if the discomfort is from continued misalignment with my SI joint or from muscular tightness from having been misaligned for two weeks prior to last Thursday. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning and I'll have to take it day by day.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races
    5/14: Delaware Marathon Running Festival HM
    7/1: Finger Lake Fifties 50k (trail)
    10/8: Steamtown Marathon (BQ Attempt #3)

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Today's run featured vomiting courtesy of Walden Farms zero calorie pancake syrup. Frankenfood just had to fight me -_- lol

May 1- Rest
    May 2- 14.2
    May 3- Rest
    May 4- 14.5
    May 5- 18.8
    May 6- 8
    May 7- 23.3

78.8/300km

I kind of snorted a laugh at this, sorry! Looks like you got a decent run in nonetheless
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great racing @_nikkiwolf_ @KeepRunningFatboy @girlinahat !!!!

Hope the knee's alright @_nikkiwolf_ You're stronger than me. If that happened to me I would have shut it down.

I'm not very diligent on posting on here. Basically I got 28.7 miles this week. I'm shooting for 100 miles this month.

I also got some new shoes, another pair of Guide 10's. I tried a couple other pair on but I'm limited because I have a wide 4E foot so I stuck to my same shoe. They felt great cushion wise but stiff, like my feet were slapping the road.

I pushed myself too hard today with too many tacos on my stomach and paid for it. Seems like puking is a theme today @JessicaMcB. Other than that the run felt good!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 4.6 run + 4.8 walk
    5/2 - 1.0 run + 7.1 walk
    5/3 - 5.1 run + 3.9 walk
    5/4 - 0.0 run + 5.1 walk
    5/5 - 5.2 run + 4.8 walk
    5/6 - 5.1 run + 1.8 walk
    5/7 - 0.5 run + 5.6 walk

Totals so far - 21.5 run + 33.1 walk = 54.6 miles

I'm not entirely sure how to classify today's excursion. It's was primarily walking but I decided to throw some strides in here and there. Basically just short distances at a high speed (for me). Probably more than a half mile cumulative but I don't know for sure. It was a fun workout though and felt really good.

I also scouted out a new route which turned out to be 6.1 miles. I need to figure out how to add in another 0.1 mile to get 10k, LOL.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Today's run featured vomiting courtesy of Walden Farms zero calorie pancake syrup. Frankenfood just had to fight me -_- lol

May 1- Rest
    May 2- 14.2
    May 3- Rest
    May 4- 14.5
    May 5- 18.8
    May 6- 8
    May 7- 23.3

78.8/300km

I kind of snorted a laugh at this, sorry! Looks like you got a decent run in nonetheless

Outside of puking and the pick up full of guys on the highway to Wilmore who tried to get me to get in their truck (apparently shaking a 6 pack of Coors out the passenger side is some sort of amazing come on now- who knew all the things I missed out on! -_- ) it was great actually! Really good weather, I think I've found all the Body Glide spots in the gear I'm wearing for RDM, my Playlist pumped out a lot of Great Big Sea!
    ctlaws44 wrote: »
    Great racing @_nikkiwolf_ @KeepRunningFatboy @girlinahat !!!!

Hope the knee's alright @_nikkiwolf_ You're stronger than me. If that happened to me I would have shut it down.

I'm not very diligent on posting on here. Basically I got 28.7 miles this week. I'm shooting for 100 miles this month.

I also got some new shoes, another pair of Guide 10's. I tried a couple other pair on but I'm limited because I have a wide 4E foot so I stuck to my same shoe. They felt great cushion wise but stiff, like my feet were slapping the road.

I pushed myself too hard today with too many tacos on my stomach and paid for it. Seems like puking is a theme today @JessicaMcB. Other than that the run felt good!

I love the Guide 10's personally! Kinvara is not the shoe for me and that becomes more apparent all the time. At least tacos were probably worth it? Walden Farm is not worth it...ever...100% chance I threw it in the trash when I got home ;)
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @snowyne and @kgirlhart - Congrats on great races! And @_nikkiwolf_ - Congrats on the new PR!

Another TM run tonight after a couple of forced rest days. Nothing noteworthy to report; just continuing to work on endurance. Have a busy day again tomorrow, but hope to run again in the evening.

5/1: 2.0 (2.0/30)
    5/2: 2.25 TM (4.25/30)
    5/3: 2.75 TM (7/30)
    5/4: 2.5 TM (9.5/30)
    5/5: Rest
    5/6: Rest
    5/7: 2.75 TM (12.25/30)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    May goal: 50 miles

5/1/17: 4 miles
    5/3/17: 3.5 miles
    5/4/17: 3.1miles
    5/6/17: 3.1 miles
    5/7/17: 3.5 miles

17.2/50 miles

I wasn't able to get out early today so it was 90°F when I ran. It wasn't too bad though. There was a nice 8 mph breeze and I stuck to a pretty shady route so I enjoyed it.

Congrats on the marathon PR @_nikkiwolf_ I hope your knee is 100% soon.

@kristinegift I hope your back issue gets resolved soon.

@girlinahat I'm looking forward to reading your race report.

It sounds like almost everyone had a great weekend of running. Except for the vomiting @jessicaMcb that kind of sucks.

exercise.png
  • claireariela
    claireariela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @claireariela - Welcome- there are others that will have more expert advice on getting started, but I usually recommend getting fitted at a running store for the right pair of running shoes for you and then starting with somethink like Couch to 5k app if it has been 5 years since you ran.

Is that on the "Mapmyrun" app? I've been looking for a good training programme to train for a run-walk 21k by Nov (thought that was the most realistic target). Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May goal: wear sunblock

5/1: sat on my okole. All. Day. Long.
    5/2: 3.13
    5/3: 6.06
    5/4: 4.08
    5/5 rest
    5/6: 4.15
    5/7 3.56

Total: 20.98

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:
    exercise.png

upcoming races:
    Volcano Rainforest Runs 10k 8/19
    BlockThe Sun Run 5k Oct 14 (https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017) (physical and virtual options available)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    2---3.11
    4---5.16
    6---6.62
    7---2.4 walk

10th-15th in Georgia.

17.29/50+

UPCOMING RACES

May 27- XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run. 5k.
    July 8- XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run, 5K.  Glen Rose,TX
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

May 1- Rest
    May 2- 14.2
    May 3- Rest
    May 4- 14.5
    May 5- 18.8
    May 6- 8
    May 7- 23.3

78.8/300km

Same here @JessicaMcB ! No foolin' your body! Better out than in works even if your not an ogre!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    2 rest days and mentally I was just never engaged in tonight's run.
    Managed 7km along the River Bank trails and my Pace / Cadence were all over the place.

05/01 0 km – 160 km - 0 km – YTD 420.15
    05/01 11.5 km – 148.5 km - 11.5km
    05/02 5.5 km – 143.0 km - 17.0km
    05/03 10.0 km – 133.0 km - 27.0km
    05/04 7.5 km – 128.0 km - 34.50km
    05/07 7.0 km – 121.0 km - 41.50km – YTD 461.65
    exercise.png
  • haasie99
    haasie99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've just decided that I want to get back into running and I don't even know where to begin now... any Ideas?!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    May goal: 50 miles

5/1/17: 4 miles
    5/3/17: 3.5 miles
    5/4/17: 3.1miles
    5/6/17: 3.1 miles

13.7/50 miles

My first 5K today was awesome! I had so much fun. The weather was perfect. And the route was really good. I had my best time ever. My pace was 11:02 and my chip time was 34:15.8. I felt really good about it. That is at least 4 minutes faster than I have ever run when I am by myself. And I got a medal because I was the top female finisher in my age division. It was a pretty small race, but I was not the only one in my age group. lol. I think it was perfect for me starting out at a smaller venue so it wasn't overwhelming. The race was held at the park where I typically run and even though the part where we were running out of the park was the opposite direction of my usual route, it was still an area I am familiar with. There was a carnival set up where I usually run and they were trying to keep us out of the traffic. It was a pretty hilly route, but I am used to most of those hills. The route actually ran about 3 blocks from my house, so I may start running it on a regular basis just to change up my running a little. The lady who was running near me most of the race finished in 34:15.7. It was really fun coming into the finish together like that. She told me that she wished she had a nice steady pace like I did. That made me feel incredibly good. I was never an athlete growing up and I was always intimidated by athletes. I love how the runners that I have met all seem to be very supportive of each other. This group has really helped me a lot. And even though many here have a lot more experience and mileage than me, and much faster paces I always feel welcome and encouraged. I really appreciate all the advice I have gotten from y'all. I can't wait to run another 5K. In fact I have been sitting here trying to decide if I am going to sign up for one on May 20th. There are 2 that are near me and I have spent most of the afternoon trying to decide which one to sign up for.

d2xkqgyd1wd6.jpg

exercise.png
    Congratulations and....you've caught the bug!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Finished my Half today and somehow managed to PR it, despite only getting in 2 runs that totaled about 8 miles in the 2 weeks since my Marathon. I am pretty pleased - 1:52:53.

16.4/80 miles done!
    Congratulations....and I am so jealous!
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Congrats on the race @girlinahat

@claireariela Welcome perhaps you want to look Hal Higdon plans wich U/WhatMeRunning suggest me, if not he did a good post about running periodization in the page 17 of this thread

@WhatMeRunning thank you, your post is incredibly insightful! I tried to run at the conversational pace (it is a jog right?) an ran 15km-9.3 miles but ended up pretty beat up. I usually run in threadmills and couldn't control my pace so what I felt was slow was actually 10.6 km/h 6.5 mph in average (I was listening my fav music). :D

By the way I saw you posted something about fatigue points. How do you meassure fatigue? I've had doms and the soreness is still in my legs next day after I run intense and/or long, today I had some of that bruise like feeling but was light and decided to run, it dissapeared in the run. Now I've some lovely doms, they feel so painfully good :s

And the reason I ended tired was because dehydratation I drank like a litter of water before, but after running 15 and walking 5 km my mouth was dried as desert :( luckyly the day wasn't hot. I'll never go without water or money ever again.

exercise.png