May 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Congrats on the race @snowyne! :sunglasses:

@_nikkiwolf_ - Good to hear the knee is better and you seem well prepared to handle things on race day. The jacket sounds like a necessity, hope you like it. Nice diary summary! :lol:

Congrats on the amazing race @kgirlhart! A 1st AG award!! :sunglasses: You are killing it already!!

@nFoooo - 4k is better than zero. Way to go!

@garygse - I love The Oatmeal and particularly that one about running! I actually bought the book too. It is identical to the strip but wanted to be able to leave it lying around to see if anyone else started reading it. I eagerly await the day I run across a vending machine with that magical purple drink!

• Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Another beautiful, warm day! :sunglasses: Pretty uneventful 4 miles at easy effort today. Pace was OK. Felt pretty decent. Good nondescript run, I guess.

5/1 - 8 miles
    5/2 - 4 miles
    5/3 - 8 miles
    5/4 - 4 miles
    5/5 - rest
    5/6 - 9 miles
    5/7 - 4 miles

37 of 180 miles completed

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome work @MNlittlefinn
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @snowyne and @kgirlhart - Great races
    @_nikkiwolf_ - Good luck on your upcoming race.
    @kristinegift - Hope that back is better soon. Sounds miserable.

Fabulous day for a run - love the scent of honeysuckle in the air right now. So I went 6 instead of 5 miles - but left plenty in the tank since it is supposed to be recovery.

5/4- 3.2
    5/6-13.2
    5/7-6

May total 22.4/80
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Only got out a couple of times this week; actually was out cycling more than running this week. Sigh - so much to do, so little time.............

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @_nikkiwolf_ ! Way to go on the PR time! Glad your knee pain went away, and hope all is well there. More hot showers, rest and food sounds like the way to go. Awesome job.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5/1= 3 mile run + 1 hour kettlebell workout
    5/2 = rest day
    5/3 = 6 mile run
    5/4 = 6 mile run
    5/5 = forced rest day due to work schedule :(
    5/6 = 7.5 miles
    5/7 = 11 miles

Ran with a running group again this morning They always do a run/walk combo training thing on long run Sundays. It is slower than I am used to but its nice having a group of ladies to chat with.

I know I am just being silly -- for some reason it always feels like I am cheating when I do the run/walk thing vs. run the whole thing at an easy pace.

May Goal 33.5/125 miles
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Congrats @_nikkiwolf_ on the PR!! Hope that knee pain is gone.

Congrats @KeepRunningFatboy on making pigs fly!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - such a cute picture of you and Skip! Congratulations!

@shanaber I started cycling after I had been running about a year and I had so many IT issues when I first started. Now I can do both but it took a while.

@_nikkiwolf_ -congratulations!!!

@WhatMeRunning - I hadn't logged in here for several days and so I started reading the posts where you mentioned the SF hm and I was thinking YES he needs to sign up! Then was happy to see you did! Hope your better half took it well! I ran in SF in 2015 and I loved it! The temps! There were hills though!

Two days of cycling and rested Friday. So back to running tomorrow!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ - Fabulous job on the Marathon PR!!
    @claireariela - Welcome- there are others that will have more expert advice on getting started, but I usually recommend getting fitted at a running store for the right pair of running shoes for you and then starting with somethink like Couch to 5k app if it has been 5 years since you ran.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ congrats on the PR. Glad the knee didn't end your day and you were able to work through it.
    @ddmom0811 thank you :smiley:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10497893/training-for-my-first-marathon/p1 I update at least once a week, on Sunday (last day of the training week) and have been writing updates on my long runs on Saturdays too.