May 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    May goal....50 miles

May 4...3.66 miles
    May 6...13.1 miles (Indianapolis mini-marathon), average pace at 12:24, av. max heart rate at 90%.
    May 7....3 miles (recovery run)
    May 8....8 miles (Monon Trail).... average pace at 11:52, average max heart rate at 86%.
    May 11...3.06 miles (rolling hills program on the treadmill) average max heart rate at 83%. pace at 13:02.

Total: 30.02 miles

2017 races....5/6 Indianapolis mini-marathon....completed.
    5/20..Geist Reservoir Half Marathon

Not feeling it today. Very tired after working all night. Drove straight home, took a melatonin and slept until 6 p.m. The only thing that got me out of the door tonight was knowing that I couldn't do another workout until Sunday.

The gym was moderately full, about 10 people in the weight lifting part of the gym, and the rest stair climbing or on the treadmill.

My heart rate shot up after 30 seconds on the treadmill. It started normalizing after about 30 minutes, which was encouraging. Not too bad for someone who really didn't want to be there. Legs felt great...head wasn't into it tonight.

Tonight I decided to start lifting weights again. It was a short 15 minute workout, concentrating on shoulders. It felt good to at least start lifting again. I have clearly lost a lot of strength in upper body.

Noted that I gained 7 pounds since January. The main thing that I changed was no longer lifting weights at the gym. I also give in to work sabotage although I have been doing better this year. Will see what happens. My plan is to lift again 3 x per week.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options

@amymoreorless I don't know what I hate more the bugs in my mouth or up my nose ha ha

I had one kill itself once by flying into my eyeball. I had to run I think around the last .5 mile of my run with it there, before I had access to a clean tissue from my car to get it out. I will take a bug in the mouth or the nose any day of the week over having a repeat of that experience :s:s:s

@KatieJane83 You win! Eyeball bugs are much worse! I am now inspired to wear sunglasses on my next run instead of my usual visor.
    This is why I always wear sunglasses! Sometimes I switch to the yellow or clear lenses but I always wear them!

On the pooping issue - It isn't a problem on every run but there have been many a time that I have been oh so thankful for the full on bathrooms on the trail I run! :blush:

I have not run in 2 days - need to fit it in tomorrow... yesterday was a planned rest day and I was exhausted all day. I fell asleep on the couch at 4pm and my husband woke me at 6pm or I probably would have slept through until morning. Today was a bit better but work got in the way of my run :( I will be very sore tomorrow from strength training tonight but I will not let it keep me from running!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    09/05 3.53 miles
    10/05 3.59 miles
    11/05 3.56 miles

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @garygse your mileage is insane, and I mean that in the BEST possible way. At this rate you're could be closer to 250/260 by the end of the month.
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @garygse your mileage is insane, and I mean that in the BEST possible way. At this rate you're could be closer to 250/260 by the end of the month.
    Thanks! I just love running distance, lol.
    But next week's planned cutback will put the brakes on the mileage. And that's a good thing; rest and recovery is very much needed! :smile:

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Thanks! I just love running distance, lol.
    But next week's planned cutback will put the brakes on the mileage. And that's a good thing; rest and recovery is very much needed! :smile:

I don't doubt that! you've been in beastmode for a while, and that's awesome. I wish I had the ability to get up as early as you. 0400 is about my limit on a work day, and I sleep in untill 0500 on weekends because I don't need to run as early. Keep it up!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 3.5 mi.
    5/2 - rest
    5/3 - 6.2 mi
    5/4 - 4.5 mi.
    5/5 - 3.8 mi.
    5/6 - 3.1 (5K race)
    5/7 - rest
    5/8 - 5.2 mi.
    5/9 - 3.7 mi.
    5/10 - 3.8 mi.
    5/11 - rest (legs needed it)
    5/12 - 5.2 mi.

May goal: 39.0/100mi.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ @9voice9 Alex said thanks for the mail! He plans on writing you both.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    OK, I've just been plain lazy when it comes to getting up early. Three days in a row of sleeping too late. As it goes, I was planning on taking a rest day from running today anyway so that I can rest my hip for a planned long run tomorrow. But I didn't even get to do any strength training like I wanted to. Guess I'll have to do it after my run tomorrow, as I will not have time after work today.

Getting up in the morning has always been a problem for me. Don't know why, but it can get frustrating. I have to remind myself that I LIKE running in the morning. Suck it up, girl. Just do it.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    I don't do directions - but let's say it was North/South -- it would feel much cooler. /// If someone tells me "head north" or some other direction, they may as well say go blindfolded. I have no sense of E/W/N/S -- only if it is sunrise or sunset, then I will know!

@ddmom0811 So your the person I meet on the Bush trails who has been out there doing circles for 2 hours lost. I have already rescued 2 people this spring. For me its funny as I seem to have a built in compass for the bush, put me in a big Concrete Jungle ( city ) and it fails. The standard answer I give is run downhill to the river and follow the river back to town. Doesn't matter which side of the river you are on as long as you know if you are upstream or downstream.

Like @katharmonic and her HM I have a 10k this weekend and it promises to be DAMP. >:)

558gole38tkk.png