Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What is more important to you, true love or good sex?

Options

Replies

• Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Seems to me that "true love" is based on the idea that humans are monogamous.

Would you say that 'True Love' can be experienced in a polygamous relationship?

I don't understand that, though admittedly I haven't ever cheated (not as an adult in a proper relationship).

Or are you saying you can have more than one true love at one time?
  • Dazzler21
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh the majority probably believe it. I just don't think they're right. I think they love them, they love their company and they think they're in love until someone better comes along.

If you truly love someone, there is no one better.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great sex can only take you so far, especially as you get older and your hormones are no longer signaling. True love allows you to still stand to be with that person you used have great sex with even after you get fat and dry and have no interest in having sex with a fat old man who can't see his weenie over his belly...
  • carbkiller1971
    carbkiller1971 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    Great sex can only take you so far, especially as you get older and your hormones are no longer signaling. True love allows you to still stand to be with that person you used have great sex with even after you get fat and dry and have no interest in having sex with a fat old man who can't see his weenie over his belly...

Thanks that was depressing as all hell
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Bunch_of_nuts Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great sex.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Miracle Max: Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT – mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They’re so perky, I love that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

I don't understand that, though admittedly I haven't ever cheated (not as an adult in a proper relationship).

I'm saying that more than likely.. true love is not real and humans are not a monogamous species. There is no such thing as this exclusivity. And I am not talking polygamy. I simply mean that the notion that there is only one "true love" for each person is an illusion. Love is not a requirement for a very basic need such as sex.
    I agree which is why in my first response I questioned if "true love" really exists. I mean I'd DIE for my DD if that meant keeping her safe and alive. But that's a different kind of love. Would I do that for my wife? I hesitate to answer that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    Oh the majority probably believe it. I just don't think they're right. I think they love them, they love their company and they think they're in love until someone better comes along.

Is it possible that true love is temporary? As people we change and evolve as we grow....maybe our true love will change as we change? Maybe true love is a myth? I don't think it's a slam dunk answer.
    Being that there are over 4 billion people in the world and most people have had an average of 7 real relationships before marriage, how can one say they truly met the person they were supposed to be with?
    Lol, I watch a lot of ID network and you see so many real cases of people who kill their spouses for money, to get out of a relationship, etc after years and years of "happy" marriage assumed by friends and relatives.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Dazzler21
    Options

I'm saying that more than likely.. true love is not real and humans are not a monogamous species. There is no such thing as this exclusivity. And I am not talking polygamy. I simply mean that the notion that there is only one "true love" for each person is an illusion. Love is not a requirement for a very basic need such as sex.

Not a requirement for any old sex no.

Is it possible that true love is temporary? As people we change and evolve as we grow....maybe our true love will change as we change? Maybe true love is a myth? I don't think it's a slam dunk answer.

Agree, maybe it does change and evolve as we do. Or maybe some just don't see anyone else as a potential partner whilst in a relationship.

If you're screwing people behind their back, then you're not 'in love'.

Everybody is different, for me morally I believe you can only ever be 'in true love' with one person. Sure you can be 'in love' again with others if you break up or your partner dies etc, but don't ever believe love is a myth.

dalai-lama-love-compassion.jpg
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options

What?! The older you get the BETTER sex can be! Fewer inhibitions, no worries about pregnancy, much more likely to communicate freely and openly with your lover. It just gets better and better. Ask any 80 yr old man who is still sexually active. ;)

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

What?! The older you get the BETTER sex can be! Fewer inhibitions, no worries about pregnancy, much more likely to communicate freely and openly with your lover. It just gets better and better. Ask any 80 yr old man who is still sexually active. ;)

That menopause life. If I can still get it up at 80, I'll be happy. Hopefully I'll be in good shape at that age.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Thanks that was depressing as all hell

:D
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    daddyfitt1 wrote: »

That's why i like older ladies :)

Ehh older women are cool.....not all of them though. Some of them can be more annoying and immature even compared to women in their 20s. Most are easier to talk to and don't play games I give them that. But if it came down to a serious relationship, younger all the way. Unless the woman is only several years older than me, I would never seriously date a older woman.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    daddyfitt1 wrote: »

That's why i like older ladies :)

Ehh older women are cool.....not all of them though. Some of them can be more annoying and immature even compared to women in their 20s. Most are easier to talk to and don't play games I give them that. But if it came down to a serious relationship, younger all the way. Unless the woman is only several years older than me, I would never seriously date a older woman.

I like 'em young .... how you doin'? ;)
  • Dazzler21
    edited May 2017
    Options

And I am sorry I will never believe that great sex only happens when you are in love or young. I'm with @FitOldMomma; Sex has only gotten better for me the older I get.

I agree 100% it's not age exclusive. I also agree you can have great sex outside of being in love and I in no way feel they are immediately tied. But it has seemed to improve throughout relationships.

p.s Who is this Dazzler216?