Say goodbye to sugar

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Let's face it one of the biggest reasons why we gain weight are sugar and fats. excess calories..let's say goodbye to them and move forward to a healthier and better life

fixed it for you OP

Lol, you beat me to it...
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of fat - there are "good" fats:

Saturated Fats - Found in red meat, butter, ghee, lard, cream, eggs, coconut oil (MCTs) or palm oil
    Monounsaturated Fats - Found in extra virgin olive oil, avocados, avocado oil and macadamia nut oil
    Natural Trans Fats - Found in meat from grass-fed animals and dairy products
    Natural Polyunsaturated Fats (Omega-3) - Found in fish, fish oil, flaxseed and chia seeds

Ref: https://www.tasteaholics.com/keto-diet/what-are-good-fats-on-a-low-carb-diet/
  • Hthrbee1978
    Hthrbee1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    But I like sugar and fats.. : (

Healthy fats are fine, but most sugars are superfluous.

"Because sugar is such a major source of empty calories, however, the American Heart Association recommends certain daily limits. If you’re male, you should have no more than 150 calories from sugar daily; this equates to 9 teaspoons or about 38 grams. As a woman, you shouldn’t have more than 100 calories, which is 6 teaspoons or 25 grams of sugar each day. These limitations only apply to added sugar, though, not to naturally occurring sugars."
    Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/458616-how-much-sugar-is-your-body-supposed-to-take-in-a-day/

So certain sugars are special? I'm sorry, but to me, cutting out sugar means cutting out ALL sugar, no exceptions. OP made no restrictions on what sorts of sugar or fat.

The website I pulled from indicated fruit sugars are okay, and I agree to a point, but also fit them into my Keto diet, having a few berries here and there while staying under 20 grams of carbs per day.
  • Hthrbee1978
    Hthrbee1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

"Because sugar is such a major source of empty calories, however, the American Heart Association recommends certain daily limits. If you’re male, you should have no more than 150 calories from sugar daily; this equates to 9 teaspoons or about 38 grams. As a woman, you shouldn’t have more than 100 calories, which is 6 teaspoons or 25 grams of sugar each day. These limitations only apply to added sugar, though, not to naturally occurring sugars."
    Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/458616-how-much-sugar-is-your-body-supposed-to-take-in-a-day/

wrong ...

they provide the same unit of energy that a carrot does...so not "empty"

So, eat 30 teaspoons of sugar every day for a month... then eat 30 baby carrots everyday for a month.. let me know how you feel at the end of each month.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    say goodbye to fruit
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

wrong ...

they provide the same unit of energy that a carrot does...so not "empty"

So, eat 30 teaspoons of sugar every day for a month... then eat 30 baby carrots everyday for a month.. let me know how you feel at the end of each month.

How does that change the fact of what Ndj said? That they aren't so empty and technically provide the same unit of energy?
  • Feelx956
    Feelx956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Let's face it one of the biggest reasons why we gain weight are sugar and fats...let's say goodbye to them and move forward to a healthier and better life

Actually is sugar and carbs that convert to sugar. Limit those and I promise you will see results fast.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    So we're eating nothing but protein now? Um...no. I enjoy having hair and periods, and not having scurvy, and pooping on occasion.

This made me laugh out loud in the office!