Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my names Chris, I am 24 and I am a nerd. Don't get me wrong, I love sports as well but video games and such...that's where it's at. I enjoy superheros, playing Steam games, 360 games, computers, and geeky stuff in general. Was wondering if anyone else on here is a nerd like myself that would like to help motivate each other.

That's more "geek" than nerd, the lady who replied about libraries falls more under "nerd".
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my names Chris, I am 24 and I am a nerd. Don't get me wrong, I love sports as well but video games and such...that's where it's at. I enjoy superheros, playing Steam games, 360 games, computers, and geeky stuff in general. Was wondering if anyone else on here is a nerd like myself that would like to help motivate each other.

Dude, I think we're long lost twins.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

That's more "geek" than nerd, the lady who replied about libraries falls more under "nerd".
    Hahaha! Yep, I agree with that description of 'nerd'. I'd say I was a geek too. A physics graduate that loves gaming and gadgets :bigsmile:
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My nerd pedigree is such that I don't deign to list my CV. I'll just say I have a hatred of "Big Bang Theory" for pandering to what the audience thinks nerds are instead of what they actually are. Martin Starr in "Freaks and Geeks"? Now that's a nerd, not 4 dudes that somehow date girls that range from 8s to 9s and spout random science facts that sound smart to a CBS audience.

I also have a weight projection spreadsheet, even have it on Google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am-mnUCcfwiadF9Hb1E2WnZPNU9ENHFWZWpCb2ZwbFE#gid=1

For the 3 months from when I started in April 1 to the end of June, my projection was never more than 2 pounds off from actual. It's started to deviate though. Fortunately actual fat loss is faster than projection, so if it has to be wrong...
  • hanwyz
    hanwyz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I probably count as a Nerd and a Geek and a boffin and any other terms you want to throw at me :p Im quite a big gamer, ps3 and sims 3 on my computer, but mostly with rpg games... Im aspie and dyspraxic so I used to be the person picked last for teams because of social ineptitude and because the ball was more likely to hit me in the face than anything else :p I'm majorly into fantasy (some sci fi), but mostly high fantasy, preferably with lots of magic/dragons/other mythical creatures. Tv shows, has to be Eureka, Vampire Diaries, True Blood and crime dramas... I love to read and cook, plus am a huuuuuge film fan. Add me if you want motivation from someone similar :)
    btw, for the person who said reading and running would be good, I used to run with audio books on :)
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the big bang theory wagon too, I don't like it now that its changed!

I never ever reveal the full extent of my nerd/geekiness to others so here goes:
    -studying for a PhD in Chemistry
    -write python code in my spare time, and going to learn other computer codes after this - next on the list is probably Java
    -like RPG, supernatural, buffy, firefly, harry potter, LOTR, dr who

The only reason that I'm not more of a gamer is lack of ability to use the actual controls and then I get fed up. A point and click game is good for me :tongue:
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I replied to this topic or not. I know I've added some peeps from here!

I enjoy RPG especially Cthulu, also enjoy Steampunk.

Computer games, currently playing 'The Last of Us', Darksiders, Assassins Creed, Command and Conquer.....oh and Pikmin of course!

I adore (Harry) Dresden, Game of Thrones (read the books before the series), Death and The Luggage from Discworld, Sherlock...err what else?

That's probably about it for now!

Oh, I'm trying to put together my first cosplay for London Film and Comic Con in October :-D
  • gonnasee33
    gonnasee33 Posts: 163
    Options
    <<<<<16 year IT experience . Big fan of dc comics and sci - fi. Feel free to add me!
  • BigLynxae
    BigLynxae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Video game nerd here. I love XBOX games and I am also an avid World of Warcraft player. :)

Also a huge Harry Potter fan. Re-reading the books right now! :D

I used to play tabletop RP such as DnD and WhiteWolf stuff, as well as table top Star Wars, but I haven't been doing so for quite a while.

And I am a BIG anime and manga nerd! ;)
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WTB> More Nerd Buddies! Add me!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    All aboard the geek train!

I love gaming (mostly MMOs), nerdy TV and films, lots of fantasy books, and I've dabbled in MtG and conventions.

Always looking for more geek friends, my 'irl' friends are awesome but absolutely non-geeks.

Please add me!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for a hoodie that says "trust me, I'm a nerd"
  • dechesirekat
    dechesirekat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey sexies, although I'm definitely a geek I "suppose" I can associate with you nerds :P

I'm looking for some people I can count on, that we can help each other on our weight loss journey. I want to grow my steam game list and lower my weight! *giggle*

I have my diary OPEN to my friends, and I'm looking for friends that will really help each other -- I think they key is going to be posting up my food diary not just when I'm good, but when I'm bad too, so next time I'll remember how I felt when I added in those bad bad numbers. <3 much love

~Cookie
  • Bocomomom
    Bocomomom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also consider myself a nerd. :) I like school and learning new things, love watching jeopardy and The Big Bang Theory, am a math geek and enjoy playing all kinds of games. I mostly play Mario and batman on my son's DS and now he's interested in Pokemon so I'll be learning about that one next! Recently, I've started a plan to read all of the "classic" novels via audio book while at work. I've got about 100 on the list and have made it through about 6 including Around the World in 80 Days, which I loved! I'm brand new to this site so feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I'm here to mostly keep track of calories and tone up my midsection. I look forward to getting to know you guys!! :)
  • ninnyfurr74
    ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses and love to game on my galaxy s3! Favorite is candy crush saga!!

But for reals, major fan of: Anime, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13, Tolkien (books & movies), Mercedes Lackey, fanfiction, reading in general, and I cried when I had to give my brother his SNES back.

OMG a Mercedes Lackey fan! I am a nerd and proud of it! Love to read! Love my scifi shows, and I play MMORPG's; but books are my first and truest love! My favorite is high or epic fantasy but I read a little King, Dan Brown, all of Laurell K Hamilton, and various mystery/suspense when the mood strikes! Feel free to add me anyone.
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a geek than a nerd. Originally went to school to become a comic book artist and currently work in IT. Japanese American.

+ Whedonite.
    + Whovian.
    + Manga/Comics.
    + Anime.
    + Current Systems: Xbox360, PS3, WiiU, and 3DS (own a PC but currently not utilizing it).
    + Ex-cosplayer.
    + Ex-MTG player.
    + BOOKS.
    + Fanfiction.

Something that was incredibly hard for me when I started my journey of health was prying myself away from anime and just about everything else that I love to do. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't 'given it up' completely but I feel like I'm not giving my hobbies enough attention. I can't even go on animeseason.com without getting the itch to start a new 100+ episode anime and just blowing off exercise for the rest of the month in order to veg out in front of my PC.

Feel free to add me.

+ Edit: How did I forget to put in BOOKS. I love books. Ugh. So hard to exercise knowing how much I still need to read!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Something that was incredibly hard for me when I started my journey of health was prying myself away from anime and just about everything else that I love to do. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't 'given it up' completely but I feel like I'm not giving my hobbies enough attention. I can't even go on animeseason.com without getting the itch to start a new 100+ episode anime and just blowing off exercise for the rest of the month in order to veg out in front of my PC.

I did at first. MMORPGs were a big time sink for me. I had to quit cold turkey. I still play video games, but only single player. I avoid MMORPGs because I don't have the free time to play.
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I did at first. MMORPGs were a big time sink for me. I had to quit cold turkey. I still play video games, but only single player. I avoid MMORPGs because I don't have the free time to play.

I feel for you, friend. Someone a few posts up mentioned listening to audio books while running; I may actually look into this but I hope I don't miss anyting crucial while listening as I do have a tendency to focus on the fact that I feel like I'm dying when I run.
  • carecare_04
    Options
    new geek here.

self-proclaimed weirdo, geek, nerd and strange person.

Strange enough to post this explanation

basically Myers and Briggs were thinking of me when they wrote this.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ_per.html

3438990.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Did someone mention nerd.
    Look no further

I tried real life ......it sucked

I want more nerd friends ...add me please