Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Female nerd here. I love computers. Been in IT many years. It's funny I've worked in gaming etc. but don't really play any of them.
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be friends with all of you!

I am a high school math teacher. We got new books for the coming school year. I spent a lot of summer break working the problem in the book. I LOVE Pythagorean triples, constructions and proofs.

I have six spreadsheets open right now. Budget (no explanation needed), table (tracks weight, inches lost, steps taken, etc), Child support, count (I am 16,986 days old), car (I drive an average of 7 miles per day, Body Beast.

I watch Big Bang reruns almost every day. I'll read ANYTHING.

My first gaming system was the Odyssey. I was a beast at hand ball.

I bought horn rim glasses this summer instead of the trendy rimless.

I am married to a band director. My daughter is a band director. My son is a linguistics major who is in the marching band.

My closet is arranged in rainbow order.

I am very uncoordinated.

I love to make lists (obviously)!

Feel free to friend me.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Old nerd...started working with computers at age 8, worked in the industry for ten years, B5, Dr Who, Sherlock Holmes, and, even after becoming a first grade teacher, the entire school staff knows to come to me with computer problems before emailing the help desk. Word to the nerds!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i may be a nerd,,, well, for today.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Nerd, though not gamer here.

I worked at Renaissance Festivals for 7 years, making my own costumes, and played text based MUDs online growing up! Love fantasy books, Joss Whedon, and Big Bang Theory! I want to get into Steampunk, but I travel too much for work to do anything with it. :( Marine biologist, so I have my fair share of excel spreadsheets, and I weigh myself every day so I have more data points! (Is that weird? :D)

Rachel
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I embrace my inner nerd :drinker: Sci-fi loving, former WoW addict. Sorry, Alliance here. ;)
  • Booksflutterby
    Booksflutterby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nerd/Geek and proud of it! Always have been. Always will be.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have always been a geek, IT professional, Table Top Gamer/DM, Avid Sci-Fi/Fantasy reader, you name it.

I was recently called a jock and I was all like Heeeyyyyyyy!!!

It hurt me to admit that perhaps the description is now accurate. Growing up Geeks and Jocks were the Hattfields and McCoys
  • MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    My inner dweeb is becoming excited...
  • Absterdam
    Absterdam Posts: 50
    Options
    Gamer and comic book nerd here. Also i grew up doing text-based RP on AOL in the 90s lol.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Geek checking in...love superheroes, films, music and play a few steam games. anyone feel free to add. on every day- try and motivate and support.:heart:
  • kbtommi
    kbtommi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm sorta nerdy...as others have said, I'm not sure how I would classify myself either but...I love the most recent superhero movies (Joss Whedon is amazing!), comics (Marvel) & went to my first Comicon this year. Add me if you like. :smile:
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ohhh my kind of people!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Enginerd and Math and Science Nerd here. Much more of a nerd than a geek though, no comic books, no MMORPGs, and not a Whovian. Most of you are more geek than nerd :tongue:

ETA: Nerd battle!

tumblr_mkqkt33yST1s04k2io1_500.gif
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I am also a software developer. :love:
  • jyneefur
    jyneefur Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mmm.. nerds.. I have to say, nerdy guys are my "type"... mostly because they have respectable IQs and I like to make them cry when I outplay them in video games. ;)
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello! Everyone should embrace their inner geek! While I'm not a techie I work in Tech so it's great to get involved in the new stuff - got a bit techie in a meeting the other day and I ended up going over to work with a few developers for a bit - heaven!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Nerds!!!! <3<3

I get irritated with my husband when he asks if an additional hard drive means he has to reinstall all his games onto the new one (because apparently you can only use 1 hard drive at a time?) -- or puts everything... EVERYTHING... on his desktop. Everything he downloads. Everything he installs. It's all on the desktop.

I end up teaching tech support. I only call them when it's a hardware issue I can't do anything about. They usually come down, fail miserably, and I do it all myself while telling them what I'm doing. And my husband wonders why I wait with dread for the "support" to come knocking on the door...

So yeah. I'm a nerd. I think. ;) I like games, computers, RPG (tabletop FTW), nerdy goodness like The Big Bang Theory of course... Anime too. Love it all!
  • kbtommi
    kbtommi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Enginerd and Math and Science Nerd here. Much more of a nerd than a geek though, no comic books, no MMORPGs, and not a Whovian. Most of you are more geek than nerd :tongue:

ETA: Nerd battle!

tumblr_mkqkt33yST1s04k2io1_500.gif

Thanks for the clarification, lol. :tongue:
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been called a nerd just for the sole fact I am obsessed with Bruce Campbell and B horror as well as Star Wars and sci-fi. Sigh. If that makes me a nerd, I accept.