Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting from scratch---Need to lose 145 pounds

Who wants in!? This all about positive vibes, encouragement and accountability!

Replies

• Belleghetti
    Belleghetti Posts: 9 Member
    34 down 169 to go :P how are you?
  • jpani22
    jpani22 Posts: 10 Member
    9 down 180 to go... Let's do this
  • itzaboutme
    itzaboutme Posts: 14 Member
    Starting over with 105 to lose.

Friends and accountability partners would be Awesome.

Short term goal - 20 by July 4th
  • LaGrandePeche
    LaGrandePeche Posts: 34 Member
    So amazing guys! Let's keep the love and positivity going!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    56 down, 66 to go! You can do this!
  • LaGrandePeche
    Heya guys join my group if you would like! Called Positive vibes!
  • sarahannevarty
    sarahannevarty Posts: 16 Member
    My goal is to lose 90lbs. I have lost 26 so far! It is important to not get discouraged but to just move forward if you experience a "set back" and that is what keeps me going! I try not to beat myself up when I treat myself rather just encourage myself to continue to eat healthier going forward. It has been hard but an exciting life change!
  • LaGrandePeche
    That's awesome! That's some good advice! Good luck!
  • LaGrandePeche
    kriscald89 wrote: »
    5 lbs down! 145 to go.... who's ready to make some positive changes? :smiley:

I'm pumped!!! :smiley:

• LaGrandePeche
    56 down, 66 to go! You can do this!

Thanks dude!! :smile:
  • LaGrandePeche
    itzaboutme wrote: »
    Starting over with 105 to lose.

Friends and accountability partners would be Awesome.

Short term goal - 20 by July 4th

That's def more than doable! You got this homie! :wink:
  • LaGrandePeche
    jpani22 wrote: »
    9 down 180 to go... Let's do this

Right on! Keep going! :smiley:
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Hey there,

just back on here... 9lbs down 118lbs to go ekk... but looking forward to the challenge and in a much better place this time to do this finally.

Lets do this
  • LaGrandePeche
    ladylego1 wrote: »
    Hey there,

just back on here... 9lbs down 118lbs to go ekk... but looking forward to the challenge and in a much better place this time to do this finally.

Lets do this

It's totally achievable! Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people! Never stop loving yourself!

Let's do this! :smiley:
  • LaGrandePeche
    This is my group people! Let's make some positive changes! We deserve it!

Positive Vibes
    Over 100 pounds to lose
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Just joined... looking forward to getting to know you all in there
  • LaGrandePeche
    What's working for people?
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    I lost 95lbs going from 285 to 190. Feel free to add me
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    What's working for people?

Recognizing that "A treat is not necessarily a cheat". And pre-logging, so that I can make sure I'm using most of my calories on healthy foods, but have enough room for indulgences. (Example: I made chocolate truffles this week. Each one? 82 calories. I know that if I just pop one into my mouth, some of my issues with food will surface in the form of guilty and negative self-talk. "You just blew the diet! All that weight is going to come flying back!" Somehow, when I log before I eat, I can see for myself, "It's 82 calories. It didn't take me over my daily total. I'm still on track. I haven't blown anything." And now, if I have that truffle... that's all I have. I don't get the side of guilt and negativity that always used to come included.)

I don't have any foods that are completely off-limits to me from a weight-loss perspective. (I'm kosher and vegetarian, for religious and health reasons, but I put ON all this weight being kosher and vegetarian; I know there's nothing magical about either way of eating.) I have foods I choose to eat every day, foods I choose to eat a couple of times a week (or less frequently), and foods I rarely eat because they normally aren't worth the calories. (One of my favorite Middle-Eastern restaurants serves "sambuskasi", which is a turnover stuffed with veggies and hard eggs, then deep-fried. And by turnover? I mean size of a calzone. I don't order it anymore because I haven't got a clue how to log it, I know it's calorie-dense, and right now I'm choosing not to have it. That doesn't mean I'll never eat it again, or even that I'll wait until I've lost all the weight I want to before I order it. It just means that right here, right now, I don't want to spend however many calories on a single meal.)

I check restaurant menus beforehand and figure out what I want to order and what the calories are likely to be. I don't eat out that much, but I've been on MFP for just over 6 months and have probably gone out/had takeout pizza about 6 or 8 times.

I eat mostly healthy, but make some low-calorie desserts. And snack a lot on popcorn, string cheese, and dry cereal.