• HappyLisa66
    HappyLisa66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in 60 down 65 to go.
  • LaGrandePeche
    LaGrandePeche Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What's working for people?

Recognizing that "A treat is not necessarily a cheat". And pre-logging, so that I can make sure I'm using most of my calories on healthy foods, but have enough room for indulgences. (Example: I made chocolate truffles this week. Each one? 82 calories. I know that if I just pop one into my mouth, some of my issues with food will surface in the form of guilty and negative self-talk. "You just blew the diet! All that weight is going to come flying back!" Somehow, when I log before I eat, I can see for myself, "It's 82 calories. It didn't take me over my daily total. I'm still on track. I haven't blown anything." And now, if I have that truffle... that's all I have. I don't get the side of guilt and negativity that always used to come included.)

I don't have any foods that are completely off-limits to me from a weight-loss perspective. (I'm kosher and vegetarian, for religious and health reasons, but I put ON all this weight being kosher and vegetarian; I know there's nothing magical about either way of eating.) I have foods I choose to eat every day, foods I choose to eat a couple of times a week (or less frequently), and foods I rarely eat because they normally aren't worth the calories. (One of my favorite Middle-Eastern restaurants serves "sambuskasi", which is a turnover stuffed with veggies and hard eggs, then deep-fried. And by turnover? I mean size of a calzone. I don't order it anymore because I haven't got a clue how to log it, I know it's calorie-dense, and right now I'm choosing not to have it. That doesn't mean I'll never eat it again, or even that I'll wait until I've lost all the weight I want to before I order it. It just means that right here, right now, I don't want to spend however many calories on a single meal.)

I check restaurant menus beforehand and figure out what I want to order and what the calories are likely to be. I don't eat out that much, but I've been on MFP for just over 6 months and have probably gone out/had takeout pizza about 6 or 8 times.

I eat mostly healthy, but make some low-calorie desserts. And snack a lot on popcorn, string cheese, and dry cereal.

A lot of good info! Keep going! :smile:
  • LaGrandePeche
    Options
    I lost 92 so far. 8 lbs to go until my 100 lb goal!!! Can't wait. I have about 40-50 more to go and it's gotten pretty easy by now :)

I'm so happy for you! I hope I get to say I lost 92 pounds one day; that's a real big accomplishment!!! :smile:

• LaGrandePeche
    Options
    I am in 60 down 65 to go.

Amazing! Wow what an accomplishment! You got this! Let me know how it goes! :smile:
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    11 down, 99 to go. Feel free to add me ;)
  • LaGrandePeche
    Options
    Hey guys, don't forget to join my group!!!

Positive Vibes
    Over 100 pounds to lose

Hope to see you there, let's build a community of positivity and encouragement!
  • mcmasters06
    mcmasters06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Started about a month ago on here at 259. I have lost about 12 so far. I go 10 pounds at a time but in long term would love about 150 lost. I only have a couple friends on here would love more friends add me if you'd like
  • LaGrandePeche
    Options
    Started about a month ago on here at 259. I have lost about 12 so far. I go 10 pounds at a time but in long term would love about 150 lost. I only have a couple friends on here would love more friends add me if you'd like

That's awesome! Keep going! Join my group! :smile:

Positive Vibes
    Over 100 pounds to lose

• ElizabethHooper1225
    ElizabethHooper1225 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started back in February. About 39 pounds down into 100 . At least 61 to go. Would love accountability friends on here for support. Feel free to add me!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    46 down, 60ish to go. Would love motivating engaging people. I'm finding hitting the "like" button not very helpful.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Add me! 30lbs gone, 40 to go! We can do this!
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    17 down 120ish more to go :D
  • jenniferemaples
    jenniferemaples Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Meee you can add me :)
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    11 lbs down 63 to go!
  • LaGrandePeche
    Options
    I'm too excited!! I just want results now! Lol
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    20 pounds into my journey - 100 to go. Feel free to add!
  • rugratnation
    rugratnation Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First time posting, I'm in! 30 lbs down, 60 to go. Been a board lurker for a while, MFP user for 3 months, time to get vocal and supportive, lol
  • glitterng
    glitterng Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started myself. I have 140lbs to lose, and I'm not looking at this as a diet, but rather retraining myself to eat healthier so I can be a better me. (And maybe my back and knees won't hurt so much) I'm very inspired by those who have lost so much weight! 11, 17, 20l, 30bs seems like a dream to me. Congratulations to everyone doing so well so far! Keep it up, and keep inspiring us on our journey together! (((hugs)))
  • LaGrandePeche
    Options
    First time posting, I'm in! 30 lbs down, 60 to go. Been a board lurker for a while, MFP user for 3 months, time to get vocal and supportive, lol

Nice one! Welcome!