Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting from scratch---Need to lose 145 pounds

Replies

• HappyLisa66
    HappyLisa66 Posts: 24 Member
    I am in 60 down 65 to go.
  • LaGrandePeche
    LaGrandePeche Posts: 34 Member
    What's working for people?

Recognizing that "A treat is not necessarily a cheat". And pre-logging, so that I can make sure I'm using most of my calories on healthy foods, but have enough room for indulgences. (Example: I made chocolate truffles this week. Each one? 82 calories. I know that if I just pop one into my mouth, some of my issues with food will surface in the form of guilty and negative self-talk. "You just blew the diet! All that weight is going to come flying back!" Somehow, when I log before I eat, I can see for myself, "It's 82 calories. It didn't take me over my daily total. I'm still on track. I haven't blown anything." And now, if I have that truffle... that's all I have. I don't get the side of guilt and negativity that always used to come included.)

I don't have any foods that are completely off-limits to me from a weight-loss perspective. (I'm kosher and vegetarian, for religious and health reasons, but I put ON all this weight being kosher and vegetarian; I know there's nothing magical about either way of eating.) I have foods I choose to eat every day, foods I choose to eat a couple of times a week (or less frequently), and foods I rarely eat because they normally aren't worth the calories. (One of my favorite Middle-Eastern restaurants serves "sambuskasi", which is a turnover stuffed with veggies and hard eggs, then deep-fried. And by turnover? I mean size of a calzone. I don't order it anymore because I haven't got a clue how to log it, I know it's calorie-dense, and right now I'm choosing not to have it. That doesn't mean I'll never eat it again, or even that I'll wait until I've lost all the weight I want to before I order it. It just means that right here, right now, I don't want to spend however many calories on a single meal.)

I check restaurant menus beforehand and figure out what I want to order and what the calories are likely to be. I don't eat out that much, but I've been on MFP for just over 6 months and have probably gone out/had takeout pizza about 6 or 8 times.

I eat mostly healthy, but make some low-calorie desserts. And snack a lot on popcorn, string cheese, and dry cereal.

A lot of good info! Keep going! :smile:
  • LaGrandePeche
    I lost 92 so far. 8 lbs to go until my 100 lb goal!!! Can't wait. I have about 40-50 more to go and it's gotten pretty easy by now :)

I'm so happy for you! I hope I get to say I lost 92 pounds one day; that's a real big accomplishment!!! :smile:

• LaGrandePeche
    I am in 60 down 65 to go.

Amazing! Wow what an accomplishment! You got this! Let me know how it goes! :smile:
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    11 down, 99 to go. Feel free to add me ;)
  • LaGrandePeche
    Hey guys, don't forget to join my group!!!

Positive Vibes
    Over 100 pounds to lose

Hope to see you there, let's build a community of positivity and encouragement!
  • mcmasters06
    mcmasters06 Posts: 19 Member
    Started about a month ago on here at 259. I have lost about 12 so far. I go 10 pounds at a time but in long term would love about 150 lost. I only have a couple friends on here would love more friends add me if you'd like
  • LaGrandePeche
    Started about a month ago on here at 259. I have lost about 12 so far. I go 10 pounds at a time but in long term would love about 150 lost. I only have a couple friends on here would love more friends add me if you'd like

That's awesome! Keep going! Join my group! :smile:

Positive Vibes
    Over 100 pounds to lose

• ElizabethHooper1225
    ElizabethHooper1225 Posts: 24 Member
    Started back in February. About 39 pounds down into 100 . At least 61 to go. Would love accountability friends on here for support. Feel free to add me!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    46 down, 60ish to go. Would love motivating engaging people. I'm finding hitting the "like" button not very helpful.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 184 Member
    Add me! 30lbs gone, 40 to go! We can do this!
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    17 down 120ish more to go :D
  • jenniferemaples
    jenniferemaples Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Meee you can add me :)
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    11 lbs down 63 to go!
  • LaGrandePeche
    I'm too excited!! I just want results now! Lol
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    20 pounds into my journey - 100 to go. Feel free to add!
  • rugratnation
    rugratnation Posts: 5 Member
    First time posting, I'm in! 30 lbs down, 60 to go. Been a board lurker for a while, MFP user for 3 months, time to get vocal and supportive, lol
  • glitterng
    glitterng Posts: 20 Member
    I just started myself. I have 140lbs to lose, and I'm not looking at this as a diet, but rather retraining myself to eat healthier so I can be a better me. (And maybe my back and knees won't hurt so much) I'm very inspired by those who have lost so much weight! 11, 17, 20l, 30bs seems like a dream to me. Congratulations to everyone doing so well so far! Keep it up, and keep inspiring us on our journey together! (((hugs)))
  • LaGrandePeche
    First time posting, I'm in! 30 lbs down, 60 to go. Been a board lurker for a while, MFP user for 3 months, time to get vocal and supportive, lol

Nice one! Welcome!