Starting from scratch---Need to lose 145 pounds

Who wants in!? This all about positive vibes, encouragement and accountability!

Replies

• Belleghetti
    Belleghetti Posts: 9 Member
    34 down 169 to go :P how are you?
  • jpani22
    jpani22 Posts: 10 Member
    9 down 180 to go... Let's do this
  • itzaboutme
    itzaboutme Posts: 14 Member
    Starting over with 105 to lose.

Friends and accountability partners would be Awesome.

Short term goal - 20 by July 4th
  • LaGrandePeche
    LaGrandePeche Posts: 34 Member
    So amazing guys! Let's keep the love and positivity going!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    56 down, 66 to go! You can do this!
  • LaGrandePeche
    Heya guys join my group if you would like! Called Positive vibes!
  • sarahannevarty
    sarahannevarty Posts: 15 Member
    My goal is to lose 90lbs. I have lost 26 so far! It is important to not get discouraged but to just move forward if you experience a "set back" and that is what keeps me going! I try not to beat myself up when I treat myself rather just encourage myself to continue to eat healthier going forward. It has been hard but an exciting life change!
  • LaGrandePeche
    That's awesome! That's some good advice! Good luck!
  • LaGrandePeche
    kriscald89 wrote: »
    5 lbs down! 145 to go.... who's ready to make some positive changes? :smiley:

I'm pumped!!! :smiley:

• LaGrandePeche
    56 down, 66 to go! You can do this!

Thanks dude!! :smile:
  • LaGrandePeche
    itzaboutme wrote: »
    Starting over with 105 to lose.

Friends and accountability partners would be Awesome.

Short term goal - 20 by July 4th

That's def more than doable! You got this homie! :wink:
  • LaGrandePeche
    jpani22 wrote: »
    9 down 180 to go... Let's do this

Right on! Keep going! :smiley:
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Hey there,

just back on here... 9lbs down 118lbs to go ekk... but looking forward to the challenge and in a much better place this time to do this finally.

Lets do this
  • LaGrandePeche
    ladylego1 wrote: »
    Hey there,

just back on here... 9lbs down 118lbs to go ekk... but looking forward to the challenge and in a much better place this time to do this finally.

Lets do this

It's totally achievable! Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people! Never stop loving yourself!

Let's do this! :smiley:
  • LaGrandePeche
    This is my group people! Let's make some positive changes! We deserve it!

Positive Vibes
    Over 100 pounds to lose
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Just joined... looking forward to getting to know you all in there
  • LaGrandePeche
    What's working for people?
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    I lost 95lbs going from 285 to 190. Feel free to add me
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    What's working for people?

Recognizing that "A treat is not necessarily a cheat". And pre-logging, so that I can make sure I'm using most of my calories on healthy foods, but have enough room for indulgences. (Example: I made chocolate truffles this week. Each one? 82 calories. I know that if I just pop one into my mouth, some of my issues with food will surface in the form of guilty and negative self-talk. "You just blew the diet! All that weight is going to come flying back!" Somehow, when I log before I eat, I can see for myself, "It's 82 calories. It didn't take me over my daily total. I'm still on track. I haven't blown anything." And now, if I have that truffle... that's all I have. I don't get the side of guilt and negativity that always used to come included.)

I don't have any foods that are completely off-limits to me from a weight-loss perspective. (I'm kosher and vegetarian, for religious and health reasons, but I put ON all this weight being kosher and vegetarian; I know there's nothing magical about either way of eating.) I have foods I choose to eat every day, foods I choose to eat a couple of times a week (or less frequently), and foods I rarely eat because they normally aren't worth the calories. (One of my favorite Middle-Eastern restaurants serves "sambuskasi", which is a turnover stuffed with veggies and hard eggs, then deep-fried. And by turnover? I mean size of a calzone. I don't order it anymore because I haven't got a clue how to log it, I know it's calorie-dense, and right now I'm choosing not to have it. That doesn't mean I'll never eat it again, or even that I'll wait until I've lost all the weight I want to before I order it. It just means that right here, right now, I don't want to spend however many calories on a single meal.)

I check restaurant menus beforehand and figure out what I want to order and what the calories are likely to be. I don't eat out that much, but I've been on MFP for just over 6 months and have probably gone out/had takeout pizza about 6 or 8 times.

I eat mostly healthy, but make some low-calorie desserts. And snack a lot on popcorn, string cheese, and dry cereal.