But I would have to add a HONEYBUN

Options

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    These numbers don't add up. You say you've seen 3 pounds of loss in 3 weeks, right? That means you've created a deficit of about 10,500 calories, or 500 calories per day. If yesterday is truly representative of the entire 3 weeks, it would mean that your TDEE is 1300 calories. That's unlikely, unless you're very light, very old or very sedentary. If the one example day is truly accurately representative of all 3 weeks and you're not a 100-pound 70-year-old woman, based on your results you might want to see a doctor.

(If you're planning to continue eating that way, you might want to see a doctor anyway. The one example day you posted is super unbalanced and is going to lead to some kind of nutritional deficiencies eventually).
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Muana1005 wrote: »
    My mind boggles because I can't understand how anyone could be overweight eating so little. I definitely think you need to monitor better. You can buy a decent scale for 5-10 dollars.

I can't imagine not wanting to gnaw my arm off eating only what OP has posted...

I'd feel like dog poo and my energy level would free fall, leading to me becoming world's largest slug. I wonder if a decrease in NEAT plus some iffy logging is a lot of what's going on here.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, what are your current stats (height, weight, etc.) and your goal weight?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    You could add a honeybun. I don't know what that is, but if it's something you like and it fits in your calorie/nutrition goals, why not eat it?

Haha it was an exaggeration. It's like a giant breaded thing that's coated in gooey sugar. Totally not subjecting myself to that malarkey.

Why not? Under eating is unhealthy. If a honeybun fits your cals and macros then it's not doing you any harm.

If someone is eating at around 900 calories adding 300 calories of a nutrient poor (i.e. junk food) isn't going to provide adequate nutrition.

The closer one is to the lower acceptable daily calorie amount, the more nutrient dense their diet needs to be for adequate nutrition.

Getting enough calories is just as important as nutrients.

Nothing was said about the OP being unable to obtain/afford any certain type of food. Sure getting enough calories is important, but if someone is eating 900 calories a day and wants to get to 1200 a nutrient poor item like honeybun would be one of the least preferred choices.

Don't you think a diet consisting of mainly nutrient dense foods is especially important as one adapts a lower calorie eating plan?

so if it comes down to a honey bun or nothing, then go with nothing? Still makes zero sense...

if the choice is under eating or poor nutrtion, poor nutrition is the better or the two poor choices..

Bro, work on your reading comprehension. Nothing was said about not having the ability to get nutrient dense food. I also acknowledged the need for sufficient calories.

My post you were quoting

Nothing was said about the OP being unable to obtain/afford any certain type of food. Sure getting enough calories is important, but if someone is eating 900 calories a day and wants to get to 1200 a nutrient poor item like honeybun would be one of the least preferred choices.

Don't you think a diet consisting of mainly nutrient dense foods is especially important as one adapts a lower calorie eating plan

If there are no restrictions medically or availability-wise do you think something more nutrient dense than a honeybun should fill in a calorie gap from 900 to 1200 calories?

I clearly stated my thoughts that OP should eat whatever gets her to, or over 1200, guess you did not read and comprehend that part....
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    two things--the daily food intake that the OP posted is not even close to clean and second--I would be STARVING on that amount of food and kind of food. nothing on there is actually satisfying.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    Why do you refuse to eat one & half hours before bed? That makes no sense.

Because if you have undigested food while sleeping, you metabolis it slower.

Yeah...no.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You could add a honeybun. I don't know what that is, but if it's something you like and it fits in your calorie/nutrition goals, why not eat it?

Haha it was an exaggeration. It's like a giant breaded thing that's coated in gooey sugar. Totally not subjecting myself to that malarkey.

Why not? Under eating is unhealthy. If a honeybun fits your cals and macros then it's not doing you any harm.

If someone is eating at around 900 calories adding 300 calories of a nutrient poor (i.e. junk food) isn't going to provide adequate nutrition.

The closer one is to the lower acceptable daily calorie amount, the more nutrient dense their diet needs to be for adequate nutrition.

Getting enough calories is just as important as nutrients.

Don't you think a diet consisting of mainly nutrient dense foods is especially important as one adapts a lower calorie eating plan?

so if it comes down to a honey bun or nothing, then go with nothing? Still makes zero sense...

if the choice is under eating or poor nutrtion, poor nutrition is the better or the two poor choices..

Bro, work on your reading comprehension. Nothing was said about not having the ability to get nutrient dense food. I also acknowledged the need for sufficient calories.

My post you were quoting

Don't you think a diet consisting of mainly nutrient dense foods is especially important as one adapts a lower calorie eating plan

If there are no restrictions medically or availability-wise do you think something more nutrient dense than a honeybun should fill in a calorie gap from 900 to 1200 calories?

I clearly stated my thoughts that OP should eat whatever gets her to, or over 1200, guess you did not read and comprehend that part....

You forgot to add the part that the additional calories should be nutrient dense if at all possible, which is important for someone eating so few calories.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm just done reading comments on this thread.
    1 - I never said I was okay with this. Hence the reason for the thread in the first place. I was looking for advice, not judgement.
    2 - the original post stated that the honey bun was an exaggeration. For crying out loud, not everything is literal.
    3 - my sugar has 10 calories per teaspoon. I use artificial because my blood sugar drops when I get too much real sugar.
    4 - I also never said I eat clean. I only stated that I try to eat more clean than gas station confections with no substance other than trans fats and sugars and carbs.
    I'm so done with this thread. I came looking for help and support for my diet and am, instead, being criticized for the very thing I pointed out as a problem, myself!
    To those that DID offer advice and support and information on pros of weighing food, thank you very much. I appreciate it greatly and will try to get a good scale as soon as possible.
    To those who have read this post and immediately want to give more backlash, have fun. I won't be coming back here to read it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    You can always have your thread deleted. Good luck OP
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I was thinking drinking the calories for a while, too. Like full-fat milk instead of water.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Going by other threads, 180, 5'4", no specific goal weight.

Also going by other threads, possibly actually losing 2-3 pounds a week on average, but tends to lose in fits and starts.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options

If she has not lost any weight in a month, she is not undereating. Eating more will make even more difficult to lose.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    allyphoe wrote: »

Going by other threads, 180, 5'4", no specific goal weight.

Also going by other threads, possibly actually losing 2-3 pounds a week on average, but tends to lose in fits and starts.

If this is true, it's alarming.