But I would have to add a HONEYBUN

Options
12346»

Replies

• lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OP, if you do come back, I would just like to point out that to lose weight, all that is required is a calorie deficit. Clean eating (whatever that is), Atkins, paleo, keto, etc are all methods of doing so. I suggest to try to stop getting caught up in semantics-CICI is all you need!! I'd also like to warn you against having too high a deficit. Speaking from experience, the bad skin, hair loss, amenorrhea, and muscle and heart catabolism just isn't worth it.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Honeybuns are kind of gross tho. Might as well get a freshly baked cinnamon bun or doughnut.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    allyphoe wrote: »
    OP, what are your current stats (height, weight, etc.) and your goal weight?

Going by other threads, 180, 5'4", no specific goal weight.

Also going by other threads, possibly actually losing 2-3 pounds a week on average, but tends to lose in fits and starts.

So she eats 900 calories for a few days, starves to death, eats triple that the rest of the days and so on...
    OP, learn to eat real food, in normal quantities. The solution is neither starving, not eating junk food to hit your goal. On the long run, what you are doing is not sustainable.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    You could add a honeybun. I don't know what that is, but if it's something you like and it fits in your calorie/nutrition goals, why not eat it?

Haha it was an exaggeration. It's like a giant breaded thing that's coated in gooey sugar. Totally not subjecting myself to that malarkey.

Why not? Under eating is unhealthy. If a honeybun fits your cals and macros then it's not doing you any harm.

If she has not lost any weight in a month, she is not undereating. Eating more will make even more difficult to lose.

if you read the whole thread she isn't not losing weight....
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    Op if you're not losing weight and it's been a month it's not because you're under-eating but since you're not gaining weight it's due to you eating at maintenance. The good thing is now you found out what you can eat to maintain your weight. Now all you have to do is reduce your calories a bit.

Tighten up your numbers and eat at a deficit eating the calories MyFitnessPal recommends you'll lose weight. If you're not using a food scale and just eating "clean" you might consider buying one.

Good luck!!

She states she's only eating 900 calories. Food scale for sure. But she needs to lower calories, she's already too low...

But she's not losing weight... it's been a month food labels often underestimate calories, so she may be eating more than she actually thinks. For example, I'm 5'2 and MyFitnessPal mentioned that if I eat at 1200 calories I will lose 2 pounds a week. If I eat 900 calories a day I will be losing more than 2 pounds a week.

If Op is able to disclose her height and current weight we would be able to help her more. For now I'm going with she's eating more than she thinks and thus not losing weight. Even if the Op is 4'8, 25 pounds, and 155 pounds maintenance would be at 1800 calories.
    As mentioned before she's eating at maintenance and thus not losing weight she needs a deficit to lose weight.

I highly doubt that. I am 4'11, 45 years old and 105 pounds and my maintenance is only 1300ish before I add in exercise. However, I totally agree with you that she is eating much more than she thinks she is.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The best explanation is probably that she eats like described for a few days, binges, and so ends up maintaining. If so, eating a more sustainable diet with more calories is the answer. But since she's gone, I guess we won't know.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Okay for example. I ended my day yesterday at 795 calories.
    Breakfast: chewy chocolate chip granola bar, coffee with 3 tsp of artificial sweetener. = 140
    Lunch: one serving canned tuna, drained. 1/8 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt = 185 calories
    Dinner: lean cuisine, spaghetti with meat sauce = 310
    Snack: 3 servings of croutons (they're like chips to me) which was 120 calories.
    Snack 2: large ice pop= 50 calories

I ate all day, had 6 bottles of water throughout the day. I was just full... I didn't want to eat anymore. I knew I could afford 405 calories and I legitimately searched for anything to reach that and couldn't even think to eat more.
    HOWEVER, I did experience a "whoosh" on the scale this morning. It shows a 3 pound loss in 24 hours. This, after no changes for about 3 and a half weeks.
    I understand the benefits of weighing foods. I could very well be eating more calories than I think. But I can't afford a decent food scale nor do I have time to weight everything I eat. I still don't believe I'm eating 400 more calories than I think I am.

And that to you is a 'clean' diet?

Please take a multi vitamin seeing as you eat no fruit or veg.

I was going to say much the same thing. No vegetables. No fruit. primarily heavily processed convenience foods. Predominantly nutrient poor convenience foods. yowsa. I do hope you consider adding some vegetables, healthy fats, and a multi-vitamin.
  • daniellemichellecowger
    daniellemichellecowger Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to eat less than a thousand calories a day. But let me say that it really wasn't healthy (I had body image issues). I was 118 lbs at 5'3" and I was skin and bones with no muscle. You can't build muscle eating like that. You have to just find a plan that works for you, that you can maintain. You can loose weight faster by not eating, but at what cost? And you'll probably just gain it back.