GAME OF THRONES

Options
eblakes93
eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
I'm a little hesitant about posting this since this appears to be the would-you-date-me forum.

But does anybody watch/read Game of Thrones?

I just finished both the TV series and A Dance with Dragons and I am going through SERIOUS withdrawal - that's all I read for seven months.

I was going to start a new book but all I want to do is read them over again to catch all the stuff I missed.

Favorite character?

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    How can anyone's favorite character be anyone other than Tyrion? Unless you're a girl and have a thing for Dany.

GRR needs to get his **** together and get the next book out.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Dany, hands down. I'm a natural blond and purposefully going lighter because 1) it's hot, 2) she's bad *kitten* 3) why not! 4) inspiration to finally do so!

Also, who doesn't want dragons! Close second, or tie, is Tyrion. Book 4 is all I gotta say.. I'm not being the one for spoilers!

Feel free to add me!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    GRR will probably kill off Tyrion in the first chapter of the next book anyway.

I'd say, as a joke, that he'd kill off Dany, who is basically the one character guaranteed to live until the end (she IS the fire in "Song of Ice and Fire" right??), but he might actually do it. So it wouldn't be funny.
  • eblakes93
    Options
    I frakking LOVE Tyrion. His way of wiggling out of situations and how he handles everything with awful humor is great. Honestly, I'm really intrigued by all of the Lannister POVs. (Not that I condone everything they do.) Jaime is really developing as a character while Cersei is just spiraling downward.
  • eblakes93
    Options
    Dany, hands down. I'm a natural blond and purposefully going lighter because 1) it's hot, 2) she's bad *kitten* 3) why not! 4) inspiration to finally do so!

Also, who doesn't want dragons! Close second, or tie, is Tyrion. Book 4 is all I gotta say.. I'm not being the one for spoilers!

Feel free to add me!

Dany's growth and portrayal on the show is really admirable (and she basically has my goal body type), but her political decisions in AFFC and ADWD were awful.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Feel free to add me!

Dany's growth and portrayal on the show is really admirable (and she basically has my goal body type), but her political decisions in AFFC and ADWD were awful.

She is but a girl and knows little in the ways of politics.
  • trbilbao
    trbilbao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love GOT also check out Vikings from the History channel.

I am still so pissed about the red wedding but it's getting better.:sad:

Love Tyrion and Arya Stark.
  • eblakes93
    Options
    I originally thought she said that to dupe people into thinking she was dumb. But then she said it so much that I wondered if she really thought that about herself.

Feel free to add me!

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Loved the books but Martin is taking his sweet time finishing the series. While watching the tv show, laughed at my husband because he said the series didn't have enough killing in it - early in season one. Laughed because now he asks me if such and such character will live. Laughed when he said they wouldn't kill off Danerys's brother or husband.

Favorite character-Tyrion by far! One of my favorite characters ever.

~~~fan of books but it has been quite some time since I read them. Not so much a fan of the TV series.
    I'm a little hesitant about posting this since this appears to be the would-you-date-me forum.

I just finished both the TV series and A Dance with Dragons and I am going through SERIOUS withdrawal - that's all I read for seven months.

I was going to start a new book but all I want to do is read them over again to catch all the stuff I missed.

Favorite character?
  • eblakes93
    Options
    Arya's story gets so interesting! Can't wait to see what you think of it when it comes out on the show.
    Love GOT also check out Vikings from the History channel.

I am still so pissed about the red wedding but it's getting better.:sad:

Love Tyrion and Arya Stark.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I originally thought she said that to dupe people into thinking she was dumb. But then she said it so much that I wondered if she really thought that about herself.

Feel free to add me!

Given her level of confidence and conquering success, I think it's not entirely sincere.
  • eblakes93
    Options
    My roommates pushed me to read them. They had done so already and now follow the TV show. I watched a couple of episodes and couldn't stand the changes that they made. Once I finished ADwD, I got so desperate that I watched all three seasons in about four days even though I didn't like some of the modifications.

And he is taking a very long time to finish. I liked all the books, but I hope that WoW is a little more action packed than ADwD was.
    Loved the books but Martin is taking his sweet time finishing the series. While watching the tv show, laughed at my husband because he said the series didn't have enough killing in it - early in season one. Laughed because now he asks me if such and such character will live. Laughed when he said they wouldn't kill off Danerys's brother or husband.

Favorite character-Tyrion by far! One of my favorite characters ever.

~~~fan of books but it has been quite some time since I read them. Not so much a fan of the TV series.

Favorite character?
  • eblakes93
    Options
    Agreed. Also, I appreciate your ticker banner.

Feel free to add me!

Given her level of confidence and conquering success, I think it's not entirely sincere.
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tyrian!! Best character, and if he gets killed off, I'm going to seriously mourn. I also like Brianne, as she is in the books, noble and honest to a fault. And of course Arya.

I do think Dany kicks *kitten*! And is my guess for ruling when the dust settles, the question is who will be her consort.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    How can anyone's favorite character be anyone other than Tyrion? Unless you're a girl and have a thing for Dany.

this
    emilia_clarke_and_her_inner_light-46235.gif
  • eblakes93
    Options

this
    emilia_clarke_and_her_inner_light-46235.gif

That thing is from Ice Age, no? It took me WAY too long to notice it....
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Okay, guys. I have to admit that I kind of hate Dany. I said it. She's annoying and the actress who plays her drives me nuts.

My favorite character is Tyrion. He's such a badass. Would bang. BUT, I also love Jaime. I'm digging the way he's developing.

(p.s. I'm talking about the show, obviously, and can't speak to the characters' levels of awesomeness in the books. I would read the books, but I am smack dab in the middle of a grad program and the only things I get to read anymore are required and super long and time-consuming. Lame. I have sworn to myself that I will read them as soon as I'm done!)
  • eblakes93
    Options
    She is gorgeous, but I do think her acting is weaker compared to the rest of the cast. Tyrion seems to be the general favorite.

Tottaly OT, but what grad program are you in?
    Okay, guys. I have to admit that I kind of hate Dany. I said it. She's annoying and the actress who plays her drives me nuts.

My favorite character is Tyrion. He's such a badass. Would bang. BUT, I also love Jaime. I'm digging the way he's developing.

(p.s. I'm talking about the show, obviously, and can't speak to the characters' levels of awesomeness in the books. I would read the books, but I am smack dab in the middle of a grad program and the only things I get to read anymore are required and super long and time-consuming. Lame. I have sworn to myself that I will read them as soon as I'm done!)
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    She is gorgeous, but I do think her acting is weaker compared to the rest of the cast. Tyrion seems to be the general favorite.

Tottaly OT, but what grad program are you in?

A PhD in English. Just about to take my exams and I'm terrified. :)
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Love Game of Thrones!!

Favorite character - Jon Snow! I liked Robb Stark too, those eyes!

I think Tyrian will rule all and be King.

Feel free to kill Joffery off at any time.