GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Ah, you'll do great! Keep up your healthy routine around your exams time to feel your best! (But you probably already know that lol.) Are you looking to teach college or something else?
    She is gorgeous, but I do think her acting is weaker compared to the rest of the cast. Tyrion seems to be the general favorite.

Tottaly OT, but what grad program are you in?
    Okay, guys. I have to admit that I kind of hate Dany. I said it. She's annoying and the actress who plays her drives me nuts.

My favorite character is Tyrion. He's such a badass. Would bang. BUT, I also love Jaime. I'm digging the way he's developing.

(p.s. I'm talking about the show, obviously, and can't speak to the characters' levels of awesomeness in the books. I would read the books, but I am smack dab in the middle of a grad program and the only things I get to read anymore are required and super long and time-consuming. Lame. I have sworn to myself that I will read them as soon as I'm done!)

A PhD in English. Just about to take my exams and I'm terrified. :)
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Ah, you'll do great! Keep up your healthy routine around your exams time to feel your best! (But you probably already know that lol.) Are you looking to teach college or something else?
    She is gorgeous, but I do think her acting is weaker compared to the rest of the cast. Tyrion seems to be the general favorite.

Okay, guys. I have to admit that I kind of hate Dany. I said it. She's annoying and the actress who plays her drives me nuts.

My favorite character is Tyrion. He's such a badass. Would bang. BUT, I also love Jaime. I'm digging the way he's developing.

(p.s. I'm talking about the show, obviously, and can't speak to the characters' levels of awesomeness in the books. I would read the books, but I am smack dab in the middle of a grad program and the only things I get to read anymore are required and super long and time-consuming. Lame. I have sworn to myself that I will read them as soon as I'm done!)

Yeah, definitely want to teach college. I love teaching. :) IN FACT, tomorrow I am teaching an article about Game of Thrones. Funny timing, huh?
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love Game of Thrones! I'm almost done with the last book, and am trying to take my time since the next book is forever and a day away!

Favorite character(s):

Tyrion, I loved him in the books but I LOVE Peter as Tyrion, he has done a wonderful job bringing him to life and making him this wonderful character (all thanks to GRRM) who everyone I know is rooting for.

Daenerys Targaryen, and ONLY the book version. I don't know why, but there is something about the way her actress portrays the character that makes me strongly dislike her on the show.

Arya Stark love her character, shes strong, but still the small child comes out at times. Glad they did a good job casting her in the show as well, her actress is amazing.
  • eblakes93
    Options

Yeah, definitely want to teach college. I love teaching. :) IN FACT, tomorrow I am teaching an article about Game of Thrones. Funny timing, huh?

Haha that is too funny! What is the article about?
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

It's about race in the show and in the novels. The author thinks that the show magnifies some of the racial stereotypes in the novels and he ties that back to Tolkien and the racial stuff that was going on in LotR. What do you think?
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    I should add that I am using the article to teach them how to do analysis and evaluation. There are some logical flaws in the article that we have to unpack. Not teaching them that Game of Thrones is racist. haha
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I like Danarys and Aria!

And also the handsome twin brother, too bad he lost his hand... Even though he's an *kitten*, he's an attractive *kitten* and its my type!
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    I like Danarys and Aria!

And also the handsome twin brother, too bad he lost his hand... Even though he's an *kitten*, he's an attractive *kitten* and its my type!

Aria is turning into such an awesome character. *kitten* is about to get real with her...lol. I can't wait to see her go nuts on those who have wronged her.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Read all the books so far and watched the first three seasons............and who doesn't love Tyrion??????????
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love GoT! I planned not to watch all the episodes unless I'd read the books first but now I've watched them all and have yet to start the second book.

Favorite characters...hmm...I try not to have one because Martin will only goddamn kill them all!!! *trashes things in mad rage* But if I had one, I'd probably go for Tyrion or Dany like the rest of you. Ha!
  • eblakes93
    Options

It's about race in the show and in the novels. The author thinks that the show magnifies some of the racial stereotypes in the novels and he ties that back to Tolkien and the racial stuff that was going on in LotR. What do you think?

I think the author definitely portrays characters as having race and show other characters prejudice towards different races in an insightful way. I think the show definitely overplays it in a way that I find almost unsavory. I've never read LotR (Shame on me!), but I've heard that race in those books is interesting and sometimes problematic. Enjoy your class today!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Dany all the way for me. I'd swear fealty to the Mother of Dragons any time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm a little hesitant about posting this since this appears to be the would-you-date-me forum.

But does anybody watch/read Game of Thrones?

I just finished both the TV series and A Dance with Dragons and I am going through SERIOUS withdrawal - that's all I read for seven months.

I was going to start a new book but all I want to do is read them over again to catch all the stuff I missed.

Favorite character?
    I've gotten through the first two seasons (waiting for Netflix to get the third season) and I'm nearly finished with the third book.

I love it! I'm loving trying to figure out where he's going with it all.

I don't have a favorite character. I like a lot of them. But I think The Hound is the most fascinating. I have a theory that he didn't really kill Mycah.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    LOVE GoT, missing it soooo much - hurry up with the next season already!
    My fave is Tyrion.
    Does no-one love Joffrey? :laugh:

oh and yes, the Hound. I'm sure he's a good guy deep down :smile:
  • Imlovingmyradio
    Imlovingmyradio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to read the last half of a dance of dragons, going to order it tonight actually :3! My favourite characters are Daenerys and Melisandre !
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm only on the 2nd book, as I waited for awhile to start them at all. Favorite character is so hard to pick.... Dany and Tyrion are definately the top contenders. I also am a big Jon Snow fan as well.
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tyrion & Arya and lastly Bran are my fave POV characters, Danerys not too bad but its on screen seems kind of dry, finished the whole book set but just waiting for GRR to get another book out and the new season to start out again...
  • kmrichardson1
    kmrichardson1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

The Hound is one of my favorite characters!! I love Arya too.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I love GoT! I planned not to watch all the episodes unless I'd read the books first but now I've watched them all and have yet to start the second book.

Favorite characters...hmm...I try not to have one because Martin will only goddamn kill them all!!! *trashes things in mad rage* But if I had one, I'd probably go for Tyrion or Dany like the rest of you. Ha!
    I was reading the books as I was going through the show. I find that through some of the scenes in the show that aren't in the books, you find a lot of clues and insights into where things are going, as well as who did what and why -- questions that I don't think have been answered yet.