GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    On "A Dance with Dragons" now. I haven't watched the TV show. Arya is my favoritist character. She's adorable. I kept hoping she'd meet back up with her wolf (in more than just dreams) as she was going back and forth through the riverlands.
    Pretty sure those aren't dreams.

All the Stark children appear to be wargs and I think Nymeria is going to show up again. She has to. Why else would he keep her alive?

They are dreams in the sense that she's asleep when she sees through her wolf. I meant I was hoping she'd actually physically see her wolf again.
    Yeah, but Bran thought he was dreaming, too, and he was warging (is that the correct term??). Same with Jon. So she fell asleep and went into Nymeria, so not really a dream. She just doesn't know. Or she might. She tells the Hound (SPOILER ALERT FOR SOME PEOPLE) that she saw her mother's dead body in her "dream." But she knew it was real, so I wonder if she knew what was happening.
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love me some naughty sicko Jaime
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    BEST TV SHOW EVER!!!! one bad thing with it.....WAY TOO SHORT! NEVER LONG ENOUGH!

I love Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi) & Tyrion Lannister
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The only one who is a total douche is Joffery

The Mountain, Ramsay, Janos Slynt, pretty much all of the people in that sellsword group who cut off Jaimie's hand and put Brienne in the bear pit (I cannot remember what they're called) ...

There are a few really evil people.

Some of the Greyjoys really piss me off as well. Victarion always whining about how he "had to" beat his wife to death, poor him. And Theon is beyond douche.
    I haven't gotten that far yet.

I feel sorry for Theon. I mean, yeah, he does some seriously awful things and I wouldn't date him or anything, but he comes across as insecure and feeling this need to prove himself and win his father's (who's pretty awful, too) affection, love and respect. He reminds me a lot of Draco Malfoy. Just a little boy lost and that leads him down some really bad paths.

Spoiler alert: He gets worse. I can't feel sorry for him any more.

... What? Have you read all the books? Man, Theon as Draco is a perfect comparison.

Could not agree more.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

From the show, considering I am not that far in the books, I am starting to like the hound more and more.

Sandor (sp?) is a great character. He is blood thirsty, but still, there is more to him than just his lust for blood and revenge against his brother. He wanted Sansa so bad, haha...
  • rml_16
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

From the show, considering I am not that far in the books, I am starting to like the hound more and more.

Sandor (sp?) is a great character. He is blood thirsty, but still, there is more to him than just his lust for blood and revenge against his brother. He wanted Sansa so bad, haha...
    He freaking better not be dead. That's all I can say.

I can live with the rest of them dead, but NOT The Hound!!!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    On "A Dance with Dragons" now. I haven't watched the TV show. Arya is my favoritist character. She's adorable. I kept hoping she'd meet back up with her wolf (in more than just dreams) as she was going back and forth through the riverlands.

All the Stark children appear to be wargs and I think Nymeria is going to show up again. She has to. Why else would he keep her alive?

They are dreams in the sense that she's asleep when she sees through her wolf. I meant I was hoping she'd actually physically see her wolf again.
    Yeah, but Bran thought he was dreaming, too, and he was warging (is that the correct term??). Same with Jon. So she fell asleep and went into Nymeria, so not really a dream. She just doesn't know. Or she might. She tells the Hound (SPOILER ALERT FOR SOME PEOPLE) that she saw her mother's dead body in her "dream." But she knew it was real, so I wonder if she knew what was happening.

I think she knew. She was dead set on finding her mom before she saw the corpse.

Eta: also being a Northern girl and growing up at Winterfell, she would have heard all about wargs from Nan.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I know you're not in AFFC yet, but that'll help clarify further whether she "knows" she's warging or not.

Bran is very aware of what's going on, and has someone else telling him, "This is what's going on with you." Arya's POV pretty much lets us know she knows it's going on, but she doesn't have the same sort of knowledge of it that Bran does to really clarify it (to the reader, at least).

Edit to clarify age.*
  • rml_16
    Options
    I know you're not in AFFC yet, but that'll help clarify further whether she "knows" she's warging or not.

Pretty much--we have to remember, Arya is younger than Bran. Bran is very aware of what's going on, and has someone else telling him, "This is what's going on with you." Arya's POV pretty much lets us know she knows it's going on, but she doesn't have the same sort of knowledge of it that Bran does to really clarify it (to the reader, at least).

I do get that she doesn't know exactly what's happening, but she also seems to recognize it's not a normal dream, that what she sees and experiences are real.

I just started AFFC, so I'll get there!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Wait...Arya is younger than Bran?! Mind blown! I always thought it was the other way around. Maybe it's because Arya is such a badass, it makes her seem more mature than Bran. haha.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    Wait...Arya is younger than Bran?! Mind blown! I always thought it was the other way around. Maybe it's because Arya is such a badass, it makes her seem more mature than Bran. haha.

Arya is older than Bran
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I actually just looked it up, and maybe Arya IS older than Bran? I think they're <1 year apart, then.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options

I actually just looked it up, and maybe Arya IS older than Bran? I think they're <1 year apart, then.

2 years apart actually. i'm not trying to be a smart *kitten*, really
  • rml_16
    Options

They're really close in age, but I think Arya is a year older. She's 9 when the books start and I think Bran is 7 or 8.

Robb and Jon are 14, Sansa is 11 and Rickon is 3. They're a bit older in the show, though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    How can anyone's favorite character be anyone other than Tyrion? Unless you're a girl and have a thing for Dany.

GRR needs to get his **** together and get the next book out.

tyrion is cool ...

I like Rob Stark until the chopped off his head..
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Love Game of Thrones!!

Favorite character - Jon Snow! I liked Robb Stark too, those eyes!

I think Tyrian will rule all and be King.

Feel free to kill Joffery off at any time.

I agree with all of this!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    GRR will probably kill off Tyrion in the first chapter of the next book anyway.

I'd say, as a joke, that he'd kill off Dany, who is basically the one character guaranteed to live until the end (she IS the fire in "Song of Ice and Fire" right??), but he might actually do it. So it wouldn't be funny.

the way Martin's books go you never freaking know...

Like, did John Snow really die or die he somehow escape that ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Okay, guys. I have to admit that I kind of hate Dany. I said it. She's annoying and the actress who plays her drives me nuts.

My favorite character is Tyrion. He's such a badass. Would bang. BUT, I also love Jaime. I'm digging the way he's developing.

(p.s. I'm talking about the show, obviously, and can't speak to the characters' levels of awesomeness in the books. I would read the books, but I am smack dab in the middle of a grad program and the only things I get to read anymore are required and super long and time-consuming. Lame. I have sworn to myself that I will read them as soon as I'm done!)

funny because in the books Jamie comes off as an *kitten*..but in the series not so much ...interesting dichotomy ..

on a side note, any Robert Jordan or Terry Goodkind fans out there....???
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

They're really close in age, but I think Arya is a year older. She's 9 when the books start and I think Bran is 7 or 8.

Robb and Jon are 14, Sansa is 11 and Rickon is 3. They're a bit older in the show, though.

Okay, that makes more sense.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

2 years apart actually. i'm not trying to be a smart *kitten*, really

LOL!