Another Thread For The Wolves

Options
Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story. EXCUSE ME for not already having a band of supportive friends in my real life who experience what I experience. I'll remember that the next time I try and use a website for help for something I don't see going on around me in every day life.

I've done a ton of research in the last couple years and completely changed our family's eating lifestyle. Those who have friended me the last couple days can tell that from my food diary. After a year of finally eating correctly as far as much as I knew how too, I decided to start working out. I work in an office all day and I knew I needed to be more physically active. 4 months later, I'm just now starting to see some kind of a change, but still weigh the same as I did a year ago. I also learned my thyroid was borderline high with my TSH levels.

So yeah, you got offended at some elitest attitude that doesn't exist. I'm here to track my daily intake to learn what I can do different to actually start losing that 17 lbs that I've not been able to lose at all for the past 2 years that I actually started trying to do something about. It's been a long journey with a lot of mistakes and cheating. I also came here to see what more I can learn that I haven't learned already from my research. But all you wolves chose to see something else.

This will most likely be my last starting topic in this forum. I'll just hang on to the many friends I've made and use my newsfeed for my support and advice. The half of you who say I need a life while subsequently spend your time tearing others down because you're miserable and damaged inside need to do something about that miserable damage before you end up discouraging a weaker person away from doing something awesome for themselves.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ignore the snark and move on. There are LOTS of great folks on here. Don't let the first few folks sour you on mfp.
  • felihsz
    felihsz Posts: 2
    Options
    why is everyone making a big deal about the other thread ??? to be honest a very bad impression for the site as a first time user.

but seriously dont let a group of people ruin the site for you i know i wont, just meet some cool people that can help you motivate yourself to lose some weight and that is it!
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    * Sigh * Why didn't I just go to bed at 9:30 like I said I would.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Biggest Advice: This is the internet. Take what you need and leave the rest behind.

You wasted precious minutes of your life writing ANOTHER thread to tell off people that don't care about what you have to say. Don't give anyone that much power over you....Especially not strangers online. You're not proving anything to anyone.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    In for how your "people are mean" thread is different than most.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Tl:Dr. Cliffs?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You went into your other thread assuming that everyone was judging you. You pretty much just created a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm really kind of surprised that you're surprised that people didn't like being told that they were judgmental.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story.

The other half are just fairly mixed up but eager to encourage and help if we can . Stay!!! X
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211420-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

Hi OP. Above is the sanest advice you'll find on MFP. He has other threads too that you can ask a question on if you use search function you'll find some good stuff. Good luck.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” ~ Confucius
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In for how your "people are mean" thread is different than most.

Yeah, this.
  • Naturebeckles
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story. EXCUSE ME for not already having a band of supportive friends in my real life who experience what I experience. I'll remember that the next time I try and use a website for help for something I don't see going on around me in every day life.

I've met some of the most supportive, positive, kind people on MFP and I'm proud to have them as friends, even offering so much as their home to me when I was in the midst of not having a place to stay. They are currently helping me through a really rough time. They never complain when I obviously need support, just offer compassion, friendship and caring. Maybe you chose the wrong friends, or you're too focused on the negative.
    I've done a ton of research in the last couple years and completely changed our family's eating lifestyle. Those who have friended me the last couple days can tell that from my food diary. After a year of finally eating correctly as far as much as I knew how too, I decided to start working out. I work in an office all day and I knew I needed to be more physically active. 4 months later, I'm just now starting to see some kind of a change, but still weigh the same as I did a year ago. I also learned my thyroid was borderline high with my TSH levels.

I am very sorry your extensive research never taught you the difference between to, two, and too.
    So yeah, you got offended at some elitest attitude that doesn't exist. I'm here to track my daily intake to learn what I can do different to actually start losing that 17 lbs that I've not been able to lose at all for the past 2 years that I actually started trying to do something about. It's been a long journey with a lot of mistakes and cheating. I also came here to see what more I can learn that I haven't learned already from my research. But all you wolves chose to see something else.

AWOOOOOOOO

This will most likely be my last starting topic in this forum. I'll just hang on to the many friends I've made and use my newsfeed for my support and advice.

Read as: "I will only speak to the people who agree with me and refuse to listen to anyone else".

Next, please.

I thought the rules on this site specifically said not to correct people's grammar and command of English, etc? Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.
  • Naturebeckles
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211420-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

Hi OP. Above is the sanest advice you'll find on MFP. He has other threads too that you can ask a question on if you use search function you'll find some good stuff. Good luck.

oooh, thank you!
  • Naturebeckles
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story.

The other half are just fairly mixed up but eager to encourage and help if we can . Stay!!! X

I'm not leaving. Just won't be on the forums much.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

I've met some of the most supportive, positive, kind people on MFP and I'm proud to have them as friends, even offering so much as their home to me when I was in the midst of not having a place to stay. They are currently helping me through a really rough time. They never complain when I obviously need support, just offer compassion, friendship and caring. Maybe you chose the wrong friends, or you're too focused on the negative.

I am very sorry your extensive research never taught you the difference between to, two, and too.

AWOOOOOOOO

This will most likely be my last starting topic in this forum. I'll just hang on to the many friends I've made and use my newsfeed for my support and advice.

Read as: "I will only speak to the people who agree with me and refuse to listen to anyone else".

Next, please.

I thought the rules on this site specifically said not to correct people's grammar and command of English, etc? Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.
    The rules of this site also say no flame baiting, which is exactly what your thread title, and subsequent post is. Did you also report yourself?

Also, no insults, calling the entire membership "wolves" is intended to be demeaning and insulting. You can't hide behind the site guidelines while simultaneously intentionally violating them. That's trolling, which happens to be another guideline violation. I believe you may be up to 3 strikes already, impressive for just one post.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    A generalisation prehaps? Not everyone is judgmental and unhelpful. I hope getting off your chest helped though......

Ignore the people who won't help you and make friends with those who will..... :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Biggest Advice: This is the internet. Take what you need and leave the rest behind.

You wasted precious minutes of your life writing ANOTHER thread to tell off people that don't care about what you have to say. Don't give anyone that much power over you....Especially not strangers online. You're not proving anything to anyone.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
    This is beautiful advice OP. Your different story is the same as mine and as long as I dont attack the community for that I find them quite supportive. But be warned you well get called out on things if someone thinks you are doing something wrong... That's why there is a reply button.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

You come on here to start a stupid thread and make drama...

Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.
This discussion has been closed.