Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    It's still snowing?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to respond to this...but I just can't help it.

Let me start with the negative..continue reading for the positive.
    I read through your other post - the one that provoked this one. I too took the post as most others did. Regardless of how much we have to lose if any..we are ALL here for the same reason..to be healthy. There are tons of people on here that are actually not looking to lose a thing but have been beyond that and are now just hanging around to continue on healthy and maybe help a person or two. You stated you read through the boards before posting, yet somehow you still came across with "I am not fat like all of you". That in itself will provoke a lot of people to attack - even I wanted to comment saying...ummmm what makes you so special to most on here? I did not..but the thought was there as I read.
    As I read on - you replied to a young lady that was trying to..in a very nice way explain to you why you were getting the nasty comments and you attacked her with the nastiest comment on the post. SMH?!?!? This my dear will feed the "wolves" as you call them.
    Also calling every person that comments in a non accepting way a troll...you just sealed your fate on the boards. The posts you make stay for some time..and people can click on your post number and read them. This in itself makes you an un-welcomed member by many. When someone sends me a friend request I check their profile and their previous posts to see what type of person they are. To me - you come across with an attitude just the same as the "wolves" I would ignore your request in a heart beat.

Now onto some positive - when posting on the boards you need to be careful how you word things. remember there are thousands of people on here and the internet is famous for misinterpretation. Before posting - read it more than once. Make sure you, yourself are not being judgmental or demeaning to others. If you are called out on something..own up to it and apologize....not attack back!! ~ Regardless of your efforts from time to time you may get some snarky comments - ignore them and reply to the ones that answer your question. If you ask questions - be prepared to possibly hear things you may not want to hear. If this is the case..do not go getting your panties in a bunch. There are some VERY knowledgeable people on here and chances are what they say is correct. If they are not..someone will correct them..I promise! Replying to something you do not want to hear with attitude will only bring out the "wolves" Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you post on a public forum...you will get many of them! If you find you can not handle it - stay off the boards and stick to your wall. The forum doesn't change!

Good luck on your journey!

^^^^
    Wise woman.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Awww. I though this was going to be another Game of Thrones post.

701.gif
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    did I miss some kind of intro to MFP class or something?? how come all the newbies seem to know about posting rules and trolls and wolves and such...I still haven't figured out how to post a freakin picture....I feel less than :frown:
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    did I miss some kind of intro to MFP class or something?? how come all the newbies seem to know about posting rules and trolls and wolves and such...I still haven't figured out how to post a freakin picture....I feel less than :frown:

find a gif/pic you like

right click and select properties

highlight the address

and place it between

and

like this:

tumblr_inline_mjz41y58L51qz4rgp.gif

Only make the IMG lowercase instead of caps (img)

should result as such

(copied from another MFP member who helped me and others with this same issue LOL)

for personal pics I use photo bucket :)

edit to add Thank you blondageh :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Dont worry it took me awhile. I still havent figured out gifs.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Here's how to post pics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/540392-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get through the whole post without suppressing the urge to create this

40034591.jpg
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    gifpaulieeyes.gif
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Here's how to post pics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/540392-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial

thank you :flowerforyou:
    I've read this before but my eyes glaze over and I start hearing Charlie brown's teacher.. waa waa wa waa wa....one day...I shall attempt it...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You went into your other thread assuming that everyone was judging you. You pretty much just created a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm really kind of surprised that you're surprised that people didn't like being told that they were judgmental.

^^^ this.

but don't stress about it. Lesson learned. Everyone will have forgotten about the thread in a couple of days. Just carry on posting as though none of it happened, and *don't* take it personally. It's the internet. People forget their manners on the internet, but they are on the whole reacting to words written on the page, not you as a person.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    280sw007883.gif
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    internet-time-funny-lol-hilarious-my-thoughts-exactly_zpsef383f38.gif

OP here is some solid advice on how to use the threads...

943328_116401735196734_748864864_n_zps4ac10a10.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Here's how to post pics.

thank you :flowerforyou:
    I've read this before but my eyes glaze over and I start hearing Charlie brown's teacher.. waa waa wa waa wa....one day...I shall attempt it...

Cliff notes... find a pic you like (I use google images to search). Copy the URL (address in your browser at the top) and paste it between the img tags [\img]  (except use the other slash in place of the one I used.  So,[img]http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2011/10/medium_hidinghomer.gif[\img] will look like[/img]medium_hidinghomer.gif

Don't glaze....
  • jenn8785
    jenn8785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I thought the rules on this site specifically said not to correct people's grammar and command of English, etc? Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.

The rules also specifically state no name calling and no retaliation. You've also been reported.

Went and read your previous thread. Your bad attitude is what got you attacked. Looks like you're ready for more of the same, all the while blaming other people for how they respond to your attitude. This isn't going to go well.

If your plan is to stay off the forums, then stay off the forums. Making big, attention seeking posts that yell I'M STAYING OFF THE FORUMS SO NYAH NYAH doesn't actually count as staying off the forums

THIS!!!!! ^^^^^^
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You went into your other thread assuming that everyone was judging you. You pretty much just created a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm really kind of surprised that you're surprised that people didn't like being told that they were judgmental.

This. Your first thread wasn't a "hi, I'm new, here's my story." It came off as, "I'm not like YOU people." Of course people are going to get their hackles up. I AM like you, and it got MY hackles up.

I came on here without much weight to lose. And I've learned a bit from all walks of life, from bodybuilders, marathoners, those looking to gain weight, those who lost or are losing a LOT of weight, not just people who have the exact same experiences as I had. And there are a lot of people just looking to drop a few vanity pounds. And those with more to lose will get to that stage, too.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Awww. I though this was going to be another Game of Thrones post.

701.gif

Yes.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options

This. Your first thread wasn't a "hi, I'm new, here's my story." It came off as, "I'm not like YOU people." Of course people are going to get their hackles up. I AM like you, and it got MY hackles up.

I came on here without much weight to lose. And I've learned a bit from all walks of life, from bodybuilders, marathoners, those looking to gain weight, those who lost or are losing a LOT of weight, not just people who have the exact same experiences as I had. And there are a lot of people just looking to drop a few vanity pounds. And those with more to lose will get to that stage, too.

Your *kitten* is looking great!
  • jenn8785
    jenn8785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Your *kitten* is looking great!

Second-ed! LMAO
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    fat-batman-kilmer.jpg
This discussion has been closed.