Another Thread For The Wolves

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Just what this site needs: another angry, report-happy poster who would rather argue and call names than make nice.

OP, you attract flies with honey, not vinegar. You're tossing around a whole lot of vinegar for someone who claims to want support.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Insult an entire forum all at once
    Step 2: Get butthurt that they respond with derision
    Step 3: Ragequit

OP has followed the script well.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't take the forum so personally. People were pretty rude to you on the other thread for no reason, but don't make it into a thing.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    If all this "reporting" is actually going on, I don't envy the poor moderators. I was involved in a thread yesterday that was "reported" a bunch. Seriously, people. Don't you have to be adults to be on this site?

iOuFJd0.gif

wait... did you really just ask that?!? :laugh:

Alright. I'll give you that one.

Sorry. I had to. That is one thread that needed to die.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    "i think whenever someone comes in to a forum and says "ok so i'm actually different from the rest of you" it DOES sound somewhat elitist and the natural reaction from people is either "so what are you doing here" or "actually no, you aren't that special" Now add to that the very personal and difficult nature of weight and body image, and sorry but yes, a message like the one the OP posted is going to result in people "putting her in her place" so to speak.

MFP is a place where people come to get support. When someone of a healthy weight comes in and says "I'm different and I bet no one here understands me", well... lol yeah a girl like me who maxed out at 300 pounds isn't going to have as much sympathy as I would for someone of a healthy weight who says "I know I'm a healthy weight, but I'm just not happy, and I want to get fit"

Is it right? I can't say that. It is expected and pretty much basic human nature? yeah.

Well good for you that you are so miserable with yourself that you don't even TRY to sympathize with other peoples' difficulties that are different than yours. I didn't come in here saying I wasn't happy. I came in here because I'm having difficulty getting down to what I know is a healthy weight for ME. I'm not some anorexic model looking for sympathy. Now run along, troll. Don't you have somebody else to go tear down?"

OP, I got this far in your other thread and then I lost what little motivation I had to be sympathetic toward you. It seems to me you have a lot more emotional (vs physical) work to do in your quest to become the person you want to be. I'd take a good hard look at myself if I were you, and ask myself, why am I so unhappy? Does it really have that much to do with the numbers on your scale? Somehow I doubt it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Op, I didn't read the whole thread yesterday, just your original post. I also didn't respond there. I will say that with that title, I was in hopes that you were like me; someone who came here to gain weight and lose body fat, because I feel different than many. Not most or all, of course, but many.

I will say if you are going to be on the forums, get thicker skin. Best of luck with everything!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    butthurt-o.gif

sorry yesterdays thread didnt work out for you.

not sorry this one isn't.

looking forward to being on your ignore list.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be angry at anyone, it should be your dentist.

That's not cool.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story. EXCUSE ME for not already having a band of supportive friends in my real life who experience what I experience. I'll remember that the next time I try and use a website for help for something I don't see going on around me in every day life.

I've done a ton of research in the last couple years and completely changed our family's eating lifestyle. Those who have friended me the last couple days can tell that from my food diary. After a year of finally eating correctly as far as much as I knew how too, I decided to start working out. I work in an office all day and I knew I needed to be more physically active. 4 months later, I'm just now starting to see some kind of a change, but still weigh the same as I did a year ago. I also learned my thyroid was borderline high with my TSH levels.

So yeah, you got offended at some elitest attitude that doesn't exist. I'm here to track my daily intake to learn what I can do different to actually start losing that 17 lbs that I've not been able to lose at all for the past 2 years that I actually started trying to do something about. It's been a long journey with a lot of mistakes and cheating. I also came here to see what more I can learn that I haven't learned already from my research. But all you wolves chose to see something else.

This will most likely be my last starting topic in this forum. I'll just hang on to the many friends I've made and use my newsfeed for my support and advice. The half of you who say I need a life while subsequently spend your time tearing others down because you're miserable and damaged inside need to do something about that miserable damage before you end up discouraging a weaker person away from doing something awesome for themselves.

Nice troll post. Way to spread hate and discontent and be divisive.

"Oh. I am so butthurt, I am going to lash out at half the population of MFP"

Butthurt3.jpg

That's flamebaiting and trolling plain and simple.

Are you hungry? Can I get you a candy bar?

Yeah. The forums are probably better off without you if you are going to spread hate and disccontent.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I thought the rules on this site specifically said not to correct people's grammar and command of English, etc? Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.

The rules also specifically state no name calling and no retaliation. You've also been reported.

Went and read your previous thread. Your bad attitude is what got you attacked. Looks like you're ready for more of the same, all the while blaming other people for how they respond to your attitude. This isn't going to go well.

If your plan is to stay off the forums, then stay off the forums. Making big, attention seeking posts that yell I'M STAYING OFF THE FORUMS SO NYAH NYAH doesn't actually count as staying off the forums

This!! If you're hell bent to stay off then why the new post? More attention I'm guessing....
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story.

The other half are just fairly mixed up but eager to encourage and help if we can . Stay!!! X

I'm not leaving. Just won't be on the forums much.

Thank goodness!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me sleepy...to early for a nap?:ohwell:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I love freezies. They are a delightful combination of food and drink! It's a frozen drink, AND I AM EATING IT!!!!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    funny-gif-kid-falling-big-ball.gif

I am SO glad I wasn't drinking any liquid when I saw this because I literally just busted out laughing. One of the best gifs ever.

I was thinking the same thing....best gif EVER!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I thought the rules on this site specifically said not to correct people's grammar and command of English, etc? Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.

The rules also specifically state no name calling and no retaliation. You've also been reported.

Went and read your previous thread. Your bad attitude is what got you attacked. Looks like you're ready for more of the same, all the while blaming other people for how they respond to your attitude. This isn't going to go well.

If your plan is to stay off the forums, then stay off the forums. Making big, attention seeking posts that yell I'M STAYING OFF THE FORUMS SO NYAH NYAH doesn't actually count as staying off the forums

This!! If you're hell bent to stay off then why the new post? More attention I'm guessing....

Yeah I smelled some definite attention seeking behavior. It almost made me not post... I don't want to reward the behavior.
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    Someone peed in your cheerios?
  • HarryDotter
    Options
    yawn1.gif
  • HarryDotter
    Options
    op?

DGDArnold.gif
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Just what this site needs: another angry, report-happy poster who would rather argue and call names than make nice.

OP, you attract flies with honey, not vinegar. You're tossing around a whole lot of vinegar for someone who claims to want support.
    *insert happy cartoon vinegar tossing gif*
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Dear OP...

tumblr_mf8v4qtHWz1rtibtfo1_r1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.