#hereforthelol's
    #overreactmuch
    #lovethissite
    #inbeforethelockdown
    #yeahIhashtaggedthe****outofthissowhat
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story. EXCUSE ME for not already having a band of supportive friends in my real life who experience what I experience. I'll remember that the next time I try and use a website for help for something I don't see going on around me in every day life.

I've met some of the most supportive, positive, kind people on MFP and I'm proud to have them as friends, even offering so much as their home to me when I was in the midst of not having a place to stay. They are currently helping me through a really rough time. They never complain when I obviously need support, just offer compassion, friendship and caring. Maybe you chose the wrong friends, or you're too focused on the negative.

because you are loved and a good friend. :heart:
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    funny-gif-kid-falling-big-ball.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world

At the risk of sounding like a Pollyanna . . . statistically speaking, that's pretty good. I'd argue that about 60 to 75% of people in the world are severely damaged. If MFP is clocking in at only 50%, then I think we're doing pretty good!

tl;dr : always look on the bright side of life.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well... I didn't really like how your other thread played out, and I expressed that distaste there. But I have to say, this was a really childish, knee-jerk reaction. You certainly could have been treated far worse in that other thread. What you got was not deserved, but it was rather tame, and it would have been in your best interest to simply turn the other cheek and move on.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

coffee?
    I wish you were closer... You know... So you could make me some :p

It seems I'm always starting my second cup when Crank asks... I've got plenty to share!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Woo screw popcorn, we'll get caffinated with vjohn
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Keep going...

Gonna get some popcorn :huh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    TL:DR
    no one cares.
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If all this "reporting" is actually going on, I don't envy the poor moderators. I was involved in a thread yesterday that was "reported" a bunch. Seriously, people. Don't you have to be adults to be on this site?

iOuFJd0.gif
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    If all this "reporting" is actually going on, I don't envy the poor moderators. I was involved in a thread yesterday that was "reported" a bunch. Seriously, people. Don't you have to be adults to be on this site?

iOuFJd0.gif

wait... did you really just ask that?!? :laugh:
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    housenomnomnom_zpsdfe826ff.gif

Seems legit.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

iOuFJd0.gif

I was thinking the same thing! :laugh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9qfr4PwYx1rt96qio1_500.gif
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    funny-gif-kid-falling-big-ball.gif

I am SO glad I wasn't drinking any liquid when I saw this because I literally just busted out laughing. One of the best gifs ever.
  • RebekahR84
    Options

iOuFJd0.gif

Alright. I'll give you that one.
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    OP, I feel like a few other members and I successfully argued your case in the last thread. I wish you hadn't created this new one. :(
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    OP, I feel like a few other members and I successfully argued your case in the last thread. I wish you hadn't created this new one. :(

yeah this, you've really undermined yourself here. Just move on.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what other thread you're referring to...

...but best of luck on all your fitness goals. :flowerforyou:

And welcome to MFP. I suspect you'll find plenty of people with whom you have much in common.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    smr539.gif
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There are people whose opinions and criticism are constructive and will help you improve yourself in some manner.

There are people whose opinions and criticism are just there to create noise and will not help you improve yourself in some manner.

Being as this is the internet, a solid 85% will fall into the latter category. Part of being a grownup is learning to differentiate and toss out that 85% because it just doesn't matter. By creating this discussion, you've validated something that never needed validation because it was all just... noise.

Tune it out, carry on.
This discussion has been closed.