Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wassup USA

Replies

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited May 2017
    Like these

490a946dbw7c.jpg

They look incredibly comfy!

I'll go find my shawl and dentures, now.... #overthirtysoI'moldapparently
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Like these

490a946dbw7c.jpg

They look incredibly comfy!

I'll go find my shawl and dentures, now.... #overthirtysoI'moldapparently

I'll join you. I don't need dentures because I've practiced good oral hygiene but I do love a good shawl.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I'm gona spend some time reading all these comments, what better way to find out about a place than asking the residents. But still in my mind, America is so huge, so full of history and culture it will take my lifetime to learn about it all. Indians in America is a massive subject by itself I will definitely look more into that

That's funny, because I think most of us feel like our history and culture have NOTHING on Europe! Our Native American history is really quite tragic :frowning: Interesting, but sad.

I agree 100% with this.

Isn't part of our problem (if you want to call it that) that we are a relatively young country compared to the well established ones on the other side of the globe? I feel a lot of times like Americans don't really have much in the way of a recognizable culture because we all came from somewhere else that was already established (Native Americans notwithstanding).

It might also depend on where in the country you were raised.
  • BoosDimples
    Awesome! I'm British, therefore, my oral health is automatically shoddy, despite working in dental...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm gona spend some time reading all these comments, what better way to find out about a place than asking the residents. But still in my mind, America is so huge, so full of history and culture it will take my lifetime to learn about it all. Indians in America is a massive subject by itself I will definitely look more into that

That's funny, because I think most of us feel like our history and culture have NOTHING on Europe! Our Native American history is really quite tragic :frowning: Interesting, but sad.

Iv heard this before but I refuse to believe it. I can see the obvious differences but American history is something I'l definitely be exploring. I'm not a history buff but you guys have a lot going on, maybe in future generations American history will play a more pivotal role. You guys pushed and broke boundaries, maybe took hard times to do it but you got there in the end

The history can definitely be interesting even though we don't have as much of it to explore as say, England, I think the kicker is that a lot of Americans don't really feel like they have a set culture unless they came from a background that allowed another country's culture to define and shape who they were. I could be wrong, but that's how I feel about it. It's interesting to see how other people in the world see America and Americans, though.
  • BoosDimples
    edited May 2017
    Every country has stereotypes.... But for the most part, it's not true. NHS is free, people with jacked up teeth are generally those who are terrified of dentistry, so never attend for treatment.
    Awesome! I'm British, therefore, my oral health is automatically shoddy, despite working in dental...

is that for real or just a stereotype?

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Funny thing I've noticed about accents and tv is that every American I have ever met has at least a bit of an accent, but most often on tv it is a "neutral" accent, nothing distinctly "American" about it to me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I think Dave Ramsey says it best about the American way of life, "We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like."

The American dream has went from a white picket fence to the biggest house on the street with a brand new car in the driveway. It's very sad.

Not quite my case. My dream is to work until I die at my desk. Life is boring. Work is exciting. I'm only trying to lose weight and get fit to enjoy working past 90.

Seriously. I've traveled a little. Everywhere I went, there were people. People everywhere I've ever been were grumpy. There's no point bothering them. I stay home, excited to work.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »

Iv heard this before but I refuse to believe it. I can see the obvious differences but American history is something I'l definitely be exploring. I'm not a history buff but you guys have a lot going on, maybe in future generations American history will play a more pivotal role. You guys pushed and broke boundaries, maybe took hard times to do it but you got there in the end

The history of British colonialism, our revolt against it, our liberation from it and the inception of our Republic and our Democracy (we are both) and what they stand for then and to this day - is an extension of British history. All the leaders and key players in that historical drama were British, barely removed from British soil.

YAY Britain used to own like, most of the world. Just sayin. How cool was that. Obviously something changed somewhere along the lines but I am still in awe of that fact. Well before my time but fascinating none the less

"This vast empire on which the sun never sets, and whose bounds nature has not yet ascertained." George Macartney
  • BoosDimples

The history of British colonialism, our revolt against it, our liberation from it and the inception of our Republic and our Democracy (we are both) and what they stand for then and to this day - is an extension of British history. All the leaders and key players in that historical drama were British, barely removed from British soil.

YAY Britain used to own like, most of the world. Just sayin. How cool was that. Obviously something changed somewhere along the lines but I am still in awe of that fact. Well before my time but fascinating none the less

ragnar lothbrok happened

Everyone has someone to blame.
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    lol guess you never watched vikings. i figured every chick in the world has been drooling over travis fimmels fauxhawk/mullet and his eyes [/quote]

Just Googled Travis Fimmels. *drools
  • BoosDimples

ragnar lothbrok happened

Everyone has someone to blame.

lol guess you never watched vikings. i figured every chick in the world has been drooling over travis fimmels fauxhawk/mullet and his eyes

I'm aware of our Viking "history". "Vikings" never caught my attention. :wink:
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Hi OP. I think I've been obsessed with Scotland longer than you've been obsessed with America. I will be coming to your lovely country in September 2018. I could sit and listen to your accent for hours too.
  • BoosDimples
    ChrisNels1 wrote: »
    Hi OP. I think I've been obsessed with Scotland longer than you've been obsessed with America. I will be coming to your lovely country in September 2018. I could sit and listen to your accent for hours too.

Visit the Highlands - you'll be forever smitten.. :heart:
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    I'm in Oklahoma. We have a lot of tornados.