A Message for Older Guys

Options

Replies

• Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    To quote Bill Bullard and words to live by...

“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge… is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world. It requires profound purpose larger than the self kind of understanding.”

It takes a lot of restraint to not open your mouth in the form of a pez and just let it all spew out of one's mouth.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Here's one.. don't call people who're like what, 2 years older then you? Old.

Nice trolling and nice fallacy, I never knew people who were 30 years old were 2 years older than me AT 25 years old lmao. Your math sucks.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    For guys who are in their 30s or up, what advice would you give us younger guys (late teens to 20s) when it comes to life (education, women, money, having fun, etc) in general. I'm pretty curious about this and would like to hear different opinions.
    Learn how to save and invest money. Nothing worse then thinking you'd like to retire, but CAN'T because you can't afford to.
    Also be READY to tie the knot and have kids if that's your intention. Don't just THINK that's what you want. Make sure you're ready for that commitment. If there's any hesitation, you may not be ready.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Marriage nowadays is too risky especially with kids so I'll pass. It will take a certain type of woman who ain't gonna rip me off to convince me otherwise.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Respect yourself. Admire yourself. Improve yourself. Exceed yourself.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I like this thread.
    Someone needs to make one where us old ladies give the younger ones advice.

You lost all respect when you let us know your musical choices
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As to the OP, I don't mind being called older than someone a decade or more younger than I, because I AM older than that person, but the OP is 25 and calling 30-year-olds older? That doesn't make any sense. I do feel like this entire thread is kind of a dig. Not to me, to the guys on here, apparently.

Even given that there's some wisdom here. If OP is even loosely honest about wanting to learn from his own question, he would be wise to read, and heed. IMO.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    [quote..... Beautiful women come with a price... and that price is a brand of "crazy" that manifests its self in all kinds of weird ways... the one's to cherish are the one's with incredible brains... [/quote]

This is great advice for a young man. It is both wise and true.
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Here's one.. don't call people who're like what, 2 years older then you? Old.

Nice trolling and nice fallacy, I never knew people who were 30 years old were 2 years older than me AT 25 years old lmao. Your math sucks.

You never told me you were 25. I had to guess.
    But anyway dude, you twist and turn everything I say to you and each time you answer me you try to belittle me. You can try all you want sweetie but I know who I am and what I have to offer

And here is a real advice I'm offering to you and I hope you'll listen but given your arrogance I very much doubt it.

You really have a lot to learn about people. You should treat them with respect even though you don't think they deserve it.

Stay humble and confident but leave the arrogance to the foolish. There's a difference between being arrogant and confident, you have yet to find it and for your sakes I do hope you'll find it soon.

An intelligent man is the one who never stops learning.

I wish you all the best.

I'm not an arrogant person, I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I like how you think you know me even though you never met me before....first you said I had Asperger's even though I've never been diagnosed with it nor are you a doctor nor qualified to tell me otherwise and then you said I had a high opinion of myself and now you're saying I'm arrogant...yeaaah okkk LOL. Someone I barely know saying that I'm arrogant even though that couldn't be further from the truth. Plus going back to the last thread about the whole would you date someone different than you.....there were like two other people that said they wouldn't date anyone with a mental illness but instead of attacking them, you attacked me only which is laughable. Hmm...I wonder why... Not only that but judging by your comment of me, you assumed Asperger's was a mental illness and which is why you tried to bring it up as a strawman to try to attack me. But it's ok though, I know I got alot to learn but me being arrogant is bs. I would say I have a healthy dose of confidence but I don't think I'm the sht. But keep on making assumptions about me, I'll just keep debunking your BS and keep doing my thing. I don't try to belittle you, hell I haven't even insulted you yet, I'm just calmly explaining sht to you so you can understand and stop make stupid assumptions about me. Fabricating complete lies about me....just LOL. Also so you assumed I was 28....ok then now you know and also I didn't know you didn't know my real age so there...I apologize.

Uh, this thread has some serious baggage.

As to the OP, I don't mind being called older than someone a decade or more younger than I, because I AM older than that person, but the OP is 25 and calling 30-year-olds older? That doesn't make any sense. I do feel like this entire thread is kind of a dig. Not to me, to the guys on here, apparently.

Even given that there's some wisdom here. If OP is even loosely honest about wanting to learn from his own question, he would be wise to read, and heed. IMO.

Because people who are in their 30s ARE older than me....it's really that simple. I have several friends who are in their 30s and they are ALL OLDER THAN ME. What am I going to say, they're the same age or younger? No because that's not the truth. I'm not trying to insult anyone but alot of you sensitive people seem to be getting mad that the word "OLDER" and acting like I'm the bad guy. If people don't like it, it's not really my problem because I'm being realistic. If any 30 year old is hurt I called them older than me then....idk what to tell you. And I was legit curious what the guys older than me had to say cause they have more experience than me, most of the advice is good.

Well, so...if a 20-year-old guy were to come on here asking for the wisdom of "older" guys who are 25, like you, you wouldn't think that was weird? And kind of funny?

As I said, just saying someone is older than you isn't offensive. A person is older, or not. But seeking wisdom as if the person were a grizzled sage because he is five years older than you? It's kind of odd and that's why it seems like a dig...because it's such a reach.

Once again, I am not speaking from a position of being offended personally or anything. I couldn't possibly be. I'm not a guy and that is the group this was aimed at. It just seems like there is a bit of freaking out going on here, coupled with an older guys dig at men only five years older than you...oh well, again, whatever the background is here, there is a little good information sandwiched in among the thread...live and learn, and steel yourself when five years from now some hot young dude asks you respectfully for advice since you are an older guy, so you must be wise. :D I promise you such thoughtless chirps sting that very first times but you'll be finding that out sooner rather than later...hold on tight. :D

Honestly if I was in my 30s and some guy who was 25 asked me for advice because he thought I was wise, I wouldn't be bothered by it. Why should I be? I wouldn't be some dude who's in denial about his age. And plus I'm asking for advice from guys who are in their 30s and above on here because most of the time guys in their 30s and above have gone through more than people in their 20s. And I like to hear an older man's perspective. One other websites, I have asked for advice from older guys (late 20s-50s) plus the same applies in real life. I have had a 21 year old guy ask me for advice before (he's my friend) and I didn't think it was weird. I just helped him out anyway I could. There are some wise people in theirs 20s-30s believe it or not. They just been through alot.

The point is don't worry about me asking for advice from an older guy (whether he's 28, 29 or 30 years old), it wasn't even directed towards you or any other women, just men but you women just happened to reply anyway. I asked for advice from MEN, not WOMEN. Stop making a big deal out of nothing, it's clear YOU and a few other people have a problem with it (don't deny it, you do or else you wouldn't have responded), it's obvious most other posters on here don't have a problem with what I said.

It's funny how someone in their 20s (probably even the same age as me) made a similar thread with the same question on another website (the misc on Bodybuilding.com) and everyone gave him advice without anyone saying stupid sht like "Why you call someone in their 30s older? or "Why do you think someone who's like 5-10 years older than you is wise?".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Find what you love and make a career out of it. I know it's cliche, but that doesn't make it less true.

i love sleeping what career can i make out of it
    Be a tester for sleeping pill manufacturers?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    For guys who are in their 30s or up, what advice would you give us younger guys (late teens to 20s) when it comes to life (education, women, money, having fun, etc) in general. I'm pretty curious about this and would like to hear different opinions.
    Learn how to save and invest money. Nothing worse then thinking you'd like to retire, but CAN'T because you can't afford to.
    Also be READY to tie the knot and have kids if that's your intention. Don't just THINK that's what you want. Make sure you're ready for that commitment. If there's any hesitation, you may not be ready.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Marriage nowadays is too risky especially with kids so I'll pass. It will take a certain type of woman who ain't gonna rip me off to convince me otherwise.
    But if you had a kid with someone, would you take responsibility to provide?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'll give you some advice, but your legal drinking age is 21 :D:D
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

But if you had a kid with someone, would you take responsibility to provide?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

If I had a kid with someone, I would hope it was with someone I liked...like a gf. If I did have a kid with a woman, I will be a man and provide and be there for my child because I don't want to be that Dad who doesn't provide for his kids because of the choices he made. I would want to do everything in my power to be the best Dad I can be for my kid and I wouldn't want to be like my Dad. If I ever decide to have a kid with a woman I trust and can see a future with (probably won't happen though), it would better be when I'm financially stable cause once you have a kid, you have to take care of him/her for the rest of your life and I realize you better know what you're doing and if you're broke, you're going to have a tough time.

Plus if I didn't want to provide for my own child, I'll be one of those dudes on Maury.....

giphy.gif
  • tsortsor
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    I like this thread.

Lolzzzz! :lol:

It is what it is
  • tsortsor
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    I like this thread.

Lolzzzz! :lol:

What's your musical choices?!?! Lol now I'm super curious

Terrible
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

You realise people regularly live past 80 now right? People at 40+ are the middle aged guys and people 60+ are the older guys.

I like to think of life like the following, which I made up.

We need to realise we are not as old or clever as we think we are, there is always more to learn and we will continue to make mistakes, live through highs and lows. These experiences are what make us the human we will one day become.

Life can always get better or worse, just know every valley has a peak and every peak has a valley.
This discussion has been closed.