A Message for Older Guys

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Reproductive organs have nothing to do with the ability to give good advice.

In terms of dating....no I'm not going to ask a woman for dating advice about other women. That's like a hunter asking a deer for hunting advice or a fisherman asking a fish how to catch a fish. Just LOL. Sorry but it's the truth, women don't give good advice on dating when it comes to other women. For example, some guy said he had a great date with some chick he liked but his female friend said "Oh you should tell her you like her"....after ONE DATE....ONE. Me and several other guys told him not to listen to his friend and just speak through actions, not words. Having a second date with a chick is proof enough that you like her. If it was other advice then yeah, I wouldn't mind listening to a woman but that's not what this thread was intended for.

I didn't mention anything about dating in my original response, but since you brought it up. Getting a woman's perspective on dating is a wise move. Who knows women better than another woman?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    My best advice to you would be to stop being a *kitten*

You're a woman right? I asked for advice from MEN, not WOMEN. No offense but I'm not listening to advice from women, only men as that was what this thread was intended for.

:# Too bad...there's a lot of great info stuffed into our itty little brains; you could only become a better man for it...But you'll figure that out when you get older!
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    Theo166 wrote: »

The below quiz by 'experts' would disagree with you.
    It seems giving the correct answer automatically makes you a woman

Can We Guess Your Gender Based On 15 General Knowledge Questions

FACT women are usually right. I may just be 'whipped' but I get it. We as men usually make too many off the cuff decisions in life. Women calculate that shizz before making an informed decision.

p.s Terry Stein looks a bit like a womaniser...

Yep...you whipped! :lol:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

In terms of dating....no I'm not going to ask a woman for dating advice about other women. That's like a hunter asking a deer for hunting advice or a fisherman asking a fish how to catch a fish. Just LOL. Sorry but it's the truth, women don't give good advice on dating when it comes to other women. For example, some guy said he had a great date with some chick he liked but his female friend said "Oh you should tell her you like her"....after ONE DATE....ONE. Me and several other guys told him not to listen to his friend and just speak through actions, not words. Having a second date with a chick is proof enough that you like her. If it was other advice then yeah, I wouldn't mind listening to a woman but that's not what this thread was intended for.

I didn't mention anything about dating in my original response, but since you brought it up. Getting a woman's perspective on dating is a wise move because who knows women better than another woman?

Well duh...The hunters and fishermen do. :D
  • yobigman
    yobigman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Keep working out & watching your diet. You'll avoid a lot of health problems when you're older.
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Short term pain means long term gain when it comes to just about everything I've experienced. Education, Love, Kids, Farm, Jobs, etc. Get that education, it helps in spades later in life when a H.S. degree (which is all I have) severely limits your job growth even after 10 years in the same office. :)
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    5naiwxp0bpi4.jpg

Has nothing to do with the thread but this is where the original topic is going.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »

FACT women are usually right. I may just be 'whipped' but I get it. We as men usually make too many off the cuff decisions in life. Women calculate that shizz before making an informed decision.

If you see that as a negative, you've not learnt yet.
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    hxqwgydznf06.jpg
    Feels about right!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »

If you see that as a negative, you've not learnt yet.

Dang...I wanna whip someone. :p
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    :lol:
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Oh dear... If you're interested in women, guess who the experts are for giving you advice on women?

I would think women, no? OP is young. He'll learn.

I don't know, he's not really that young. (shrug) I mean he seems to be trying to come off like he's 19 or something but that's not the case. It almost seems to me like OP is the one who is afraid of getting older. He's trying so hard to separate himself from men only a few years older than he is and is starting "his" category at late teens. There are a few real giveaways here along this vein, IMO.

OP, my advice, even though I have ovaries, is to lighten up on this issue. This aging thing will NOT get any easier for you. You need a sense of humor about it. Seriously. Otherwise, life is REALLY going to hurt.

Hang in there.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    UT they have everything to do with perspective and context.

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    UT they have everything to do with perspective and context.

Both men and women will most likely, by a certain point, have experience in relationships, perhaps parenting, dealing with their own aging parents, dealing with loss and grief, attaining and maintaining a career, seeking enrichment, balancing what other people want from them with what they want for themselves, buying a house/condo, saving for retirement, looking at quality v. what's on the outside and about a thousand other things.

I would take advice from a well-rounded, experienced man any day of the week just as I would from a woman. Experience is experience and nethers notwithstanding, we will ALL experience the same things on a broad scale. Certain particulars, yes, will absolutely be different. But the "big stuff"? All pretty much the same trajectory.

It doesn't matter, though, to this thread. The OP can throw out any experience delivered from 26" above a uterus if that's his choice. I'm just commenting because this has become a matter of discussion on the thread. :)
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    6g9svhlazm8q.png

I'll just leave this here...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    1. Go to college, get your bachelors
    2. Your college major doesn't matter (I have bachelors in Criminal Justice and Psychology, I'm an IT Project Manager)
    3. Stay away from debt; credit cards, auto loans, personal loans, etc. If you really want it, it's worth waiting.
    4. Let time work in your favor, start putting money away for retirement, even if it's only $20 a month.
    5. For long term investments, index trading will always beat actively managed. Check out apps like Betterment and Wealthfront for low cost investing
    6. All women are crazy, wait and find one that is the right kind of crazy for you
    7. Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
    8. Never conduct business with friends or dip your pen in company ink (date girls you work with). I've seen this cost both men and women their jobs
    9. Don't expect to be promoted or given raises at your job right away, everyone pays their "dues" at entry level
    10. Others don't define who you are, you do that yourself
    11. Learn how to work with people you don't like and don't like you. This is a subtle art form, I'm typically extra nice.
    12. Kids are expensive, save yourself and get a vasectomy (this is a joke ... no, they really are expensive, the other part)
    13. Get out and make memories. Work will be there tomorrow, so will Netflix, try that new restaurant, travel

14. Tap as much *kitten* as you can while you're young. Every woman is different, learn how to please them all.
    15. You're wife/girlfriend is your Princess and Queen, treat her like one.
    16. Never give up. If it's not worth fighting for, it's not worth having.

good advice.
This discussion has been closed.