A Message for Older Guys

Options
DasItMan91
DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
edited May 2017 in Chit-Chat
For guys who are in their 30s or up, what advice would you give us younger guys (late teens to 20s) when it comes to life (education, women, money, having fun, etc) in general. I'm pretty curious about this and would like to hear different opinions.

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    As an older woman I can tell you that...NV.
    Good luck
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Don't address people in their 30's as "older"...

B-b-but....you are older than me....
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No. "I'm more experienced". My mental age is even younger than you...Now please excuse me whilst I try to find my zimmer frame...
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Don't address people in their 30's as "older"...

B-b-but....you are older than me....

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I like hanging around with younger people and find that most of them can barely keep up
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i know a lot of people enjoy cheap or simple things. nothing wrong with that. tastes don't have to be pretentious or status signalling to be legit

so like, don't ever be one of those guys who tells another person how he should drink his whiskey or his beer or that his taste in wine is terrible. the right drink is the one you enjoy you know?

that's just an example i guess, but a lot of guys are like that, and it is okay to think those things, but being the guy who speaks on it out loud, to tear down someone else to make yourself look better, it's just a bad look.

I agree, unless you're drinking really crappy beer.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Find what you love and make a career out of it. I know it's cliche, but that doesn't make it less true.

i love sleeping what career can i make out of it

That's not for me to figure out. Hopefully there are other things you love.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oldyogi66 wrote: »
    The past is a memory, the future a dream so live in the present moment. Smile and practice gratitude every day.
    And that's advice from a real old guy.

Good stuff Mr. Yogi.
This discussion has been closed.