HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• Gorgeous1
    Gorgeous1 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that in the original Pounds and Inches there are full instructions on what Dr. S calls "unforeseen interruption of treatment"

It says:
    Unforeseen interruptions of treatment
    If an interruption of treatment lasting more than four days is necessary, the patient must increase his diet to at
    least 800 Calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, milk to his diet after the third day, as otherwise he will find
    himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation. If the interval lasts less than two
    weeks the patient can directly resume injections and the 500-Calorie diet, but if the interruption lasts longer he
    must again eat normally until he has had his third injection.
    When a patient knows beforehand that he will have to travel and he absent for more than four days, it is always
    better to stop injections three days before he is due to leave so that he can have the three days of strict dieting
    which are necessary after the last injection at home. This saves him from the almost impossible task of having
    to arrange the 500 Calorie diet while en route, and he can thus enjoy a much greater dietary freedom from the
    day of his departure. Interruptions occurring before 20 effective injections have been given are most
    undesirable, because with less than that number of injections some weight is liable to be regained. After the
    20th injection an unavoidable interruption is merely a loss of time.

http://www.thehcgdiet.com/pdf/pounds-and-inches-by-dr-a-t-w-simeons.pdf

GOOD LUCK
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Great job! Good thinking going right to P&I. The answer is usually there.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Anyone want or need a HCG weight loss tracker?

http://www.4shared.com/document/4olYhFRT/HCG-Weight-Loss-Tracker.htm
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. That is what I am going to do. And to lose the rest of the weight I am going to do the kettlebell challenge.....

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post....
  • heatheranne1
    heatheranne1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to MFP and have been thinking about trying the HCG diet for awhile now (I have a friend who's mom tried it and was pretty successful). I started to do some heavy research on it online because I do not like to go into anything blind, but I think I only succeeded in confusing myself more. So, for those of you who are trying this diet and/or who have also researched it, please help me out with a few of my questions/concerns. Sorry ahead of time if this post turns out a little lengthy and/or has been discussed before.

First of all homepathic vs prescription HCG
    I know that I want to do sublingual HCG and not the shots, but there seems to be so much controversy over whether homeopathic actually works b/c it contains little to no HCG and sometimes contains alcohol, which would kill any HCG that it did contain (so the naysayers claim). They say those who use homepathic only lose weight b/c of the vlcd. Those of you that have used homepathic, what is your take on this? I want to lose weight, but I also don't want it to be only because I am starving myself. The point behind the HCG diet is that the HCG you take helps your weight loss to occur from your fat cells and not your muscles. If I could afford to do this program through a weight loss clinc, this wouldn't be an issue, as I could just go to one and feel better about knowing it was good stuff, but I am, sadly, not made of money :wink: So, I heard that you could go to pharmacyescrow.com and get a precription for real HCG from there and mix your own up, but then I feel weird about getting HCG from a different country, not to mention the fact that some people say it's illegal to get it this way and some say it's not. I believe in being a law-abiding citizen, so this option causes some reservations (not to mention by the time you add shipping and all the supplies you need, it's pretty pricey). See how I've only managed to confuse myself more?

I just want to make sure that if I do this, that I do it wholeheartedly and the right way. So please, feel free to (kindly) share your thoughts and opinions on this. I would love to know where some of you who have been successful have bought your HCG from. If I am going to go though the effort of a vlcd, then I want to make sure I am going to see the results and not get scammed :happy: I appreciate any insight I receive here. Thank you.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    So, I heard that you could go to pharmacyescrow.com and get a precription for real HCG from there and mix your own up
    I've heard bad things about this website. I order mine through All Day Chemist and have no issues.
    but then I feel weird about getting HCG from a different country, not to mention the fact that some people say it's illegal to get it this way and some say it's not. I believe in being a law-abiding citizen
    If this was illegal, your shipment wouldn't make it through customs.
    not to mention by the time you add shipping and all the supplies you need, it's pretty pricey
    You can't put price over quality. I'd rather pay more money and get reliable quality than take chances with is ultimately a medical supply.
    that I do it wholeheartedly and the right way
    That means following the Simeons protocol & reading Pounds & Inches MULTIPLE times. It is the bible of HCG. I did the research and some you may be interested to know that the word 'homeopathic' does not appear even once in P&I.
  • Skinnytime
    Options
    I am using the HCG Platinum, which is homeopathic. I believe it works because if it didn't, I would literally starving on the vlcd. In P&I Dr. S cautions people against trying the vlccd without hcg because they would not do well. I have done well. It has caused changes with my menstrual cycle. If there were no hcg, how could it do that?

I had similar concerns when I got it, but for my husband and I the HGC Platinum is working well.
  • Skinnytime
    Options
    Now, I have decided to have an "off" night tonight. I don't know exactly how this will affect the diet, but I don't care. My 13 year old cat was put to sleep today. I just don't feel like sticking to protocol ... I am now having a glass of wine. Won't be surprised to see the scale go up tomorrow.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Skinnytime--

So sorry to hear about your cat. I am an animal lover. I have had cats in the past but now have dogs. I know how hard it is to lose a longtime family member who happens to not be human--even though if you are like me, you swore sometimes they were.:flowerforyou: It is especially difficult when it had to be your decision that ultimately was involved.

As for your diet, P & I has information on how to handle going off the program, and someone posted it previously in this thread. If you lose a couple of days, no worries. Take care of you, and if that means eating more than the VLCD, so be it.

You will be in my thoughts. Hope you have lots of support around you right now. If not, I am sure I am not the only one who has an idea of what you are going through.

Take care:flowerforyou:
  • heatheranne1
    heatheranne1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Rob1976-

Thank you so much for your helpful post. You are correct that quality is something important to consider when looking at price comparisons. I read both positive and negative things about pharmacyescrow, which is why I was reluctant to take a leap in that direction without a direct recommendation from someone. I had never heard of the site you mentioned, but took a look and it and thought it looked promising, so I will look into it more. It also has clear mixing instructions for HCG sublingual, which I appreciate. Can I ask you where you bought your supplies (aka mixing syringe, colliodal silver, liquid B-12, storage containers?) Again, thanks so much for the site reference and comments.
  • bgat
    bgat Posts: 63
    Options
    skinnytime my hcg diet allows you to have one glass of wine in place of fruit :)
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    heatheranne - just wanted to throw out my two cents.

While I agree with Rob that some things you shouldn't buy discount, where HCG is concerned I did well on a very inexpensive homeopathic HCG. I spent less than $31 (including shipping) for my 2oz bottle of sublingual HCG and had remarkable success. Rob and I have been eating a little differently as well, which goes to show that everyone is different and you may need to find what works best for you. Rob has had amazing success with his plan and I can't wait to see his after pics!!
  • Skinnytime
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words of support. Last night was tough and I strayed way off the protocol. Today I'm ready to be on track again, though. My cat would want me to be happy, not fat. I'm up 2 pounds, but I knew I would be.

My miracle noodles arrived yesterday. I will make some today to see how they turn out. Have any of you tried them? Any tips?
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you where you bought your supplies (aka mixing syringe, colliodal silver, liquid B-12, storage containers?)
    There's a woman whose nickname gets kicked around a lot because she's lost tons of weight using HCG. Her username on YouTube is mamaclok and her eBay username is clokster. She sells packages of HCG sublingual & injection supplies for a super reasonable price. She also has videos on YouTube for mixing & administering. She's on vacation until the 9th & her eBay store is currently empty, so I don't know how much help this is going to be, but I recommend her nonetheless.

http://stores.ebay.com/clokstersbargainhut
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    skinnytime my hcg diet allows you to have one glass of wine in place of fruit :)

That definitely is not on Protocol and I would be very suspicious of that...........

I am doing the Original Simeons Protocol and I am not going to vere from that path. 8 pounds lost in 5 days tells the tale..

I want TRUE stabilization and the weight to off for GOOD. I want to be back to my slimmer and more athletic looking self. And healthier to boot.
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    There sure are a hundred different versions of HCG arent there?

Anyone who says 'their way' is the only way is living in a very small world.

Isn't variety a wonderful thing!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 4everFalbo
    4everFalbo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made it thru my two Load Days gaining only 2.6 lbs. I stuffed myself sick. I really thought I'd have a bigger gain but I'm not in the least bit upset about it. :)

Yesterday was VLCD1. I lost 3.6 lbs. on the scale this morning. I'm doing ok so far. A mild headache and some hunger. The hunger wasn't so bad yesterday but today is giving me trouble. I hope it gets better.
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    Deb -

FYI - I had a headache the first day or so too.

Although I never did, many people have admitted having hunger issues the first few days that got alot better once they were in a few days. Hope yours are manageable til they subside!

Welcome!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    There sure are a hundred different versions of HCG arent there?

Anyone who says 'their way' is the only way is living in a very small world.

Isn't variety a wonderful thing!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yeah, but I have a feeling that nothing works like the original plan. That is why I am staying true to the Protocol that was written by Dr Simeon.

My naturopathic Dr swears by the manuscript!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Well here is a recap of my experience since July 19th--1st day of VLCD. Today is day 12.

I started out with a 4.5 lb. gain from loading, all of which I had lost by the 3rd day, plus a little more. No more headaches after about Day 4 (Thursday). Hungries were most noticeable on Day 3, and had a challenging time on Day 5 in the evening being stuck next to that kettle corn stand at the park on Friday night:noway: (described in previous post on this thread:ohwell: ) Get a little tired, here and there, but not seriously.

Have found that eating 1/2 of fruit in the morning helps, then doing protein and veggie at lunch time, and having breadstick/melba in mid-afternoon with other 1/2 of fruit. At dinner, I eat protein and veggie together and have other fruit and breadstick/melba in evening as a snack.

Another thing I discovered that is not on protocol but very satisfying is the Jello Sugar Free Gelatin snack cups. No sugar, fat free and only 10 calories. I have been having one a day, either in the afternoon or evening, depending on how I am feeling.

Melba toast doesn't do much for me, but Wasa has some crisps that are pretty close nutritionally to melba, and calorie-wise, and they taste a LOT better, and I have been using them. Also the Grissini breadsticks which I found at Safeway tend to make me want to binge on breadsticks, so I have to use them carefully, when I am not feeling like I am going to be inspired to eat three or four of them instead of one!!:laugh:

As for fruit. Oranges are allowed, but I am not an orange fan. They are a hassle to peel and I hate dealing with the seeds. I DO however, LOVE those little clementine oranges, seedless, and always tasty. I compared two of them to one orange and it is pretty close, so I am using 2 clementines as one fruit serving. I have also been using 2 apricots as a fruit serving as well. The only days I haven't shown a loss has been when I at the protein LATE last Friday night when I came home ravenous from the kettlecorn incident, and when I had more than the 100 grams of protein on a night that I went to dinner and had a shrimp salad.

As of today, Day 12 of VLCD, I have lost 11.5 lbs. I intend to follow the plan for the maximum number of recommended days, and will need a second round to get to my goal of 120 lbs, total weight lost. I hope to be down at least another 25 lbs. this time around, and maybe more if I am lucky.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!