HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm glad to see there are people at all different phases that seem to be doing well.

Ephay - I was TOTALLY strict for the first 14 days. After that I have allowed myself minor strays: sugar free coffee creamer every other day in lieu of my 2nd fruit. Yesterday I had some popcorn I just couldn't resist - but I haven't had a change in two days either. I have 6 more days to go and desperately want to hit 159 - that's 2.8 lbs away. We leave for vacation tomorrow and I will offline until Saturday july 24th. I just don't know how I will manage!
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    So when I read the protocol it said that the skin is veiwed as an organ & that it does absorb fats readily. So I did a LOT of searching on Vegan websites to find products w/o animal by-products in them. I tried to find "normal" products that I wouldn't have to special order from like France or the moon. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Shampoo & Conditioner: Alba (Target, some Walmarts), White Rain (Walgreens), or L'Oreal's EverPure line (everywhere)

Styling Products: Giovanni (Target, Whole Foods)

Deodorant: Lady's Speed Stick (everywhere...sorry but I'm not using a freaky crystal rock thing!)

Toothpaste: Colgate

Lotion: St. Ive's Soothing with Oatmeal & Shea (everywhere)

Face Lotion: Alba (Target, some Walmarts)

Soap: White Rain (Walgreens), Dr. Bronners (Whole Foods, some grocery stores in Organic/Natural soap section)

Make-Up: Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals (website, Ulta)

Facial Cleanser: St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (everywhere, but read on the back for the one that states NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS because there are 3 different Apricot Scrubs & 2 of them have animal in them)

Make-up Remover: G & W (Whole Foods was the only place I could find it)

Chapstick: Carmex

Now please note that this is MY list, it's not on the protocol & is subject to errors...meaning that some products MAY have some animal products in them. For example, Bare Minerals make-up isn't Vegan but it's better than most of the normal lines out there. Another example is that the deodorant & toothpaste are made by the same company & they sent a letter out to state that these are their vegan products, HOWEVER to be aware that their suppliers are always changing and they can't guarantee that they are ALWAYS vegan. Ummm, sure, Ok. lol
  • LoraBarnes
    LoraBarnes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok.... I am on day 11 and today was my first day to hit a stall.... no change in weight from yesterday.... so my question to you veteran's is, is this normal?
  • ephay
    Options
    Just a fleeting thought. Even when I eat EVERYTHING that's permitted daily...I can't seem to reach 500 calories. I got really close once at 462, but have never been able to achieve 500. Has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?
  • ephay
    Options
    ok.... I am on day 11 and today was my first day to hit a stall.... no change in weight from yesterday.... so my question to you veteran's is, is this normal?

See below as copied from Dr. Simeon's Manuscript (http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm)

The Plateau

The second type of interruption we call a “plateau”. A plateau lasts 4-6 days and frequently occurs during the second half of a full course, particularly in patients that have been doing well and whose overall average of nearly a pound per effective injection has been maintained. Those who are losing more than the average all have a plateau sooner or later. A plateau always corrects, itself, but many patients who have become accustomed to a regular daily loss get unnecessarily worried and begin to fret. No amount of explanation convinces them that a plateau does not mean that they are no longer responding normally to treatment.

In such cases we consider it permissible, for purely psychological reasons, to break up the plateau. This can be done in two ways. One is a so-called “apple day”. An apple-day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch of the following day. The patients are given six large apples and are told to eat one whenever they feel the desire though six apples is the maximum allowed. During an apple-day no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst if eating an apple still leaves them thirsty. Most patients feel no need for water and are quite happy with their six apples. Needless to say, an apple-day may never be given on the day on which there is no injection. The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500-Calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily.

Note that the 2nd way to break up the plateau is a diaretic, but he says it then causes a 2-3 day delay in further loss. Seems sorta stupid to go that route to me.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Ditto on the 500 calories.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    So when I read the protocol it said that the skin is veiwed as an organ & that it does absorb fats readily. So I did a LOT of searching on Vegan websites to find products w/o animal by-products in them. I tried to find "normal" products that I wouldn't have to special order from like France or the moon. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Shampoo & Conditioner: Alba (Target, some Walmarts), White Rain (Walgreens), or L'Oreal's EverPure line (everywhere)

Styling Products: Giovanni (Target, Whole Foods)

Deodorant: Lady's Speed Stick (everywhere...sorry but I'm not using a freaky crystal rock thing!)

Toothpaste: Colgate

Lotion: St. Ive's Soothing with Oatmeal & Shea (everywhere)

Face Lotion: Alba (Target, some Walmarts)

Soap: White Rain (Walgreens), Dr. Bronners (Whole Foods, some grocery stores in Organic/Natural soap section)

Make-Up: Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals (website, Ulta)

Facial Cleanser: St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (everywhere, but read on the back for the one that states NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS because there are 3 different Apricot Scrubs & 2 of them have animal in them)

Make-up Remover: G & W (Whole Foods was the only place I could find it)

Chapstick: Carmex

Now please note that this is MY list, it's not on the protocol & is subject to errors...meaning that some products MAY have some animal products in them. For example, Bare Minerals make-up isn't Vegan but it's better than most of the normal lines out there. Another example is that the deodorant & toothpaste are made by the same company & they sent a letter out to state that these are their vegan products, HOWEVER to be aware that their suppliers are always changing and they can't guarantee that they are ALWAYS vegan. Ummm, sure, Ok. lol

For me, Coconut oil I use for just about everything...............cleansing my face, moisturizing my skin, washing my hair, chapstick, make up remover............

I also use all natural make up tinted from fruits and vegetables.

Hey, don't knock the Crystal Deodrant. I have been using it for about 4 years now and it works wonderfully.

I use Tom's of Maine toothpaste.

I am going to be joining you all on the HCG plan next week. I am only going to do 1 or 2 rounds and then continue with my Paleo eating. I just want to give myself a great head start.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Lioness and Everyone Else!!

Thanks to fivefatcats for starting this thread. The timing was perfect. I had run across rob1976 posting on another HCG thread, and all the info he put forth about his own research got me to thinking. Like the poster who said they had been on a plateau, I have not had much progress since January, and while I am enjoying the healthy eating style I now employ, I want things to move along. I am tired of having a limited wardrobe because I don't want a bunch of clothes that will be too big, and I have several things that are about 10 lbs. away from fitting comfortably because of my stall.

Anyway, I did my own bit of research and decided to bite the bullet and buy some drops, and they arrived on Friday, so I loaded yesterday and today is my second day. To anyone reading this who says, "oh this is a fad --you will gain everything back." I seriously doubt it. For one thing, I have been maintaining with no difficulty for the last six months, and it was very difficult to force myself to eat at the level needed for a successful load. I started Saturday with slice of Starbucks frosted lemon pound cake--(look THAT up in the MFP database--YIKES!!:laugh: :laugh: ) and a full fat mocha w/whipped cream( I always have a non-fat, so that was a change.)

Unfortunately, I FORGOT to tell the barista to make it a decaf and so, since I am very caffeine-sensitive, I NEVER went to bed on Saturday night--just never got sleepy.:noway: I did catnap in my chair about 7a, but then I went out and met a friend for breakfast about 10a. Came home and took a three hour nap around 1p, and feel pretty good.

My big problem now is I have to have a substantial dinner and I don't really feel hungry:laugh: --the drops, I assume. There was a time when the prospect of going to Olive Garden or Spaghetti Factory and eating something high in fat (AKA just about their entire menu:laugh:) would have had me racing out the door, but now I feel more like the kid who is stuck at the dinner table staring at the brussel sprouts and hoping the dog will come by so he can sneak them off his plate!!:laugh: :laugh: :ohwell:

Ephay, Thanks for posting that list of personal care products. I ran across an oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin, made by Neutrogena that I am going to try. Bought it at Target, but have seen it other places. They have an oil-free with SPF 15, but since it didn't say "for sensitive" didn't want to take a chance. Besides the coconut oil that was mentioned by another poster, I understand mineral oil is ok for topical use as well. And I was glad to see that White Rain was on your list, as that is the body wash I came up with that didn't have oil in it. You have to read the label, though because some of them do have fatty products--like if it says "Shea Butter"--obviously, not fat free.

My big problem is finding a multiple vitamin that doesn't' upset my digestion. I have been taking Gummy Vites for adults, and I LOVE them, but they have sucrose in them, so I knew I couldn't continue to use them. I found Nature Made Complete for Women on sale and decided to get a bottle--HUGE mistake. Two out of the three days I have taken them, I have had VERY unpleasant after-effects. Not to give TMI, but if anyone has ever seen a description of one of the potential effects that an Alli-user will get if they eat fat after taking that product--'nuff said. Anyway, I am going to hit Trader Joe's or Whole Foods tonight and see what I can find, but if anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear. I prefer a smooth capsule as opposed to a big chalky pill--and a chewable would be better yet, but I am not holding my breath.

One thing I will mention, if anyone is having trouble finding sublingual B-12. I found it at Walgreen's and Walmart, but surprisingly, the Nutrition Center in my Kroger-owned, Fred Meyer didn't have any. FYI, the "Natures Bounty" brand of supplements available at Walgreen's is exactly the same product as "Spring Valley" brand at Walmart. Read the label, the mfg is same. If you are taking B-12, I understand it MUST be in liquid or sublingual(dissolving) tabs. They say B-12 can't be digested through your intestinal tract, so taking in pill form, even timed-release, is a wasted effort.

Lioness, I know you research things very thoroughly before taking any steps, so if you have decided to jump on this bandwagon, it just confirms for me further that I am on the right track.

If any of my MFP "pals" run across this post, they may be surprised I am moving in this direction, as I have not mentioned it previously, but I think it is the right thing for me now. I hope to lose 30 lbs. by the end of September, for a family event, and it isn't going to happen if I don't take drastic action. I also like the idea that every report I have seen is that one doesn't have the saggy skin problems with this program that can happen as a result of weight loss. I haven't really had that issue, but I don't WANT to have it either!!:wink:

Well, I have to go and find my dinner and suffer through my last loading meal, and then hit the grocery to prepare for tomorrow.

Good luck to all, and keep posting. It helps everyone!!!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    IMPORTANT CORRECTION: Regarding mineral oil for topical use--DON"T do it. I did some more reading and discovered my foggy old brain got its wires crossed. Mineral oil is a no no as a skin treatment.

I had my "last meal" of loading today--deep fried eggplant parmagiana @ Olive Garden, along with two breadsticks. There was enough food for three people. I actually had to leave some of the spaghetti that is served with it. Tomorrow starts the process. I hit the grocery tonight and got some more veggies and some lemons. I already have a supply of lean ground beef, shrimp, and chicken.

Have a good week, everyone.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    weaklink: we are on the same schedule. I have loaded for 2 days. Yuck! and today I begin my adventure. I can't wait for my clothes to get loose. :) I hope I have problems getting the 500 calories in as well. I'm so afraid that I'm going to be starving and screw up. But, I have read and read and read and it is so important to not cheat and it's important to do the 3 days of eating 500 calories after the drops are done and the 21 days of maintainence afterwards to make sure the weight stays off. That's a long haul, but I'm going for it!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Latest update: Today is day 15.

Starting weight: 242.4
    This morning's weight: 222.2
    Total weight lost:

20.2 lbs!!! In 14 days!!!:noway:
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Can someone let me know where to buy these? I see them all the time but never know a good, safe brand...
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    Hi There! I started the HCG diet on 7/12/10 at 4'8" and 108lbs. I want to lose the 13 pounds (of pure fat!) I've gained over the last few years. I'm super excited about my weight loss thus far (4 pounds!) because it has been so hard for me to lose weight through moderate diet and exercise. I guess I just need fast results to stay motivated.

My mom is doing the diet as well and says she never feels hungry and actually feels almost euphoric. I feel quite the opposite. I'm very shakey and get super hungry at night. Do you think this has something to do with my lower start weight or is it purely psychological.

I'm basing my diet on the guidelines in the Pounds and Inches book.

Any suggestions?
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hi There! I started the HCG diet on 7/12/10 at 4'8" and 108lbs. I want to lose the 13 pounds (of pure fat!) I've gained over the last few years. I'm super excited about my weight loss thus far (4 pounds!) because it has been so hard for me to lose weight through moderate diet and exercise. I guess I just need fast results to stay motivated.

My mom is doing the diet as well and says she never feels hungry and actually feels almost euphoric. I feel quite the opposite. I'm very shakey and get super hungry at night. Do you think this has something to do with my lower start weight or is it purely psychological.

I'm basing my diet on the guidelines in the Pounds and Inches book.

Any suggestions?

Are you taking B-12 (liquid or sublingual) ? What other supplements are you taking?
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    Yeah...I'm taking sublingual colloidal silver and sublingual B-12. That's it. Should I take a multi-vitamin as well?
  • rob1976
    Options
    Can someone let me know where to buy these? I see them all the time but never know a good, safe brand...
    Check your private messages. I don't want to post websites in the public forum.
  • rob1976
    Options
    Yeah...I'm taking sublingual colloidal silver and sublingual B-12. That's it. Should I take a multi-vitamin as well?
    My advice would be 'no'. There's usually various types of sugar/carbs in multivitamins that would affect your weightloss results. The abnormal fat that HCG releases also releases the fat-soluble vitamins and minerals the fat was storing, so you shouldn't worry about vitamin deficeincies. If anything, a calcium supplement could be taken.

I also want to put out there to everyone to be leery of any HCG labeled "homeopathic". I've read and heard too many hit-and-miss reports on their efficacy. I understand that the pharmacy-quality HCG is expen$ive, but you just can't replace quality with dollars. I'd rather pay extra and know I'm getting a quality product than cut corners and possibly put my life in danger.
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    Thanks Rob. Yeah, I don't want to do anything to inhibit my weight loss. I'm using the sublingual drops that I mixed myself from the pharmaceutical HCG I purchased. It wasn't super cheap...do you think I got ok stuff?
  • rob1976
    Options
    Thanks Rob. Yeah, I don't want to do anything to inhibit my weight loss. I'm using the sublingual drops that I mixed myself from the pharmaceutical HCG I purchased. It wasn't super cheap...do you think I got ok stuff?
    If you got it from a reputable dealer, I'd be inclined to say 'yes'. Does your HCG have a 'sold-as' name on it? The stuff we use is either Ovidac or Corion (same stuff, different manufacturer).
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    bump :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!