HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• jschmalzel
    Options
    No 'sold as' wording on here...it just says ZyKog.
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    I am doing the hcg injections and today is my VLCD #1 and i am soooo hungery. I did not even make in one day I am so sad. I tried and tired but ended out eating some walnuts because i could not take it anymore and wanting to eat more. I have been drinking water and tea all day hoping it would help. nope. Not sure what in going on. Maybe this protocol in just not for me I feel so sad this seems like just another diet I am going to fail . ugh! :brokenheart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I am doing the hcg injections and today is my VLCD #1 and i am soooo hungery. I did not even make in one day I am so sad. I tried and tired but ended out eating some walnuts because i could not take it anymore and wanting to eat more. I have been drinking water and tea all day hoping it would help. nope. Not sure what in going on. Maybe this protocol in just not for me I feel so sad this seems like just another diet I am going to fail . ugh! :brokenheart:

Samantha,

I am also on my first day. It was a little rough for me today, and today is my first day also. DON'T give up. Let me share my first day with you, and then offer some insight and ask some questions at the end.

I was getting hungry today, and was travelling back home from a meeting about 30 miles from my house. I took all my food with me for lunch, and ate it on the fly. As I was trying to figure out where I could get some more water or tea, I realized I had forgotten to eat the tomatoes I brought as part of my lunch, so that made a nice snack.

I had more noticeable hunger pangs today than I have for some time. I have been eating a pretty clean diet for the last few months, and staying around 1200-1500 calories per day, depending on my activity level. I decided to do HCG because I am at a plateau that I think is an old "setpoint" for my body, and I want to shake things loose.

I ate very well on Saturday and Sunday-my "loading" days-- about 3 x's what I normally eat on Saturday, and at least twice as much on Sunday. Most of my loading was restaurant food--much more eating out than I normally do. I think the hunger is just my body's way of saying Whassup? Between the quantity, and the type of food eaten, I think I upset my system a bit. Also, the stomach might have gotten stretched a bit because of the big Italian dinner I had last night.

Once I got home and decided what to have for dinner, and drank some more tea, I wasn't really focused on food. I at my dinner about 7p (PDT) because my schedule is such that eating by 6p doesn't work for me.

I figure that my hunger pangs will be less noticeable tomorrow.

Now some questions for you. Did you do your loading days, AND take HCG both days? I have heard if you don't do both of these things, hunger pangs can be more noticeable. What are you taking for supplements, and does that include B-12 liquid or sublingual?

Are the injections you are using being administered by a clinic or are you doing them yourself? If you are doing them on your own, are you satisfied that you received good quality HCG?

There are many other questions that could be asked--just trying to help you get to the bottom of things so you can carry on. Tomorrow is another day.

Hang in there.
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    I am doing the hcg injections and today is my VLCD #1 and i am soooo hungry. I did not even make in one day I am so sad. I tried and tired but ended out eating some walnuts because i could not take it anymore and wanting to eat more. I have been drinking water and tea all day hoping it would help. nope. Not sure what in going on. Maybe this protocol in just not for me I feel so sad this seems like just another diet I am going to fail . ugh! :brokenheart:

I TOTALLY understand. I'm on day 6 of my VLCD and this is the first day I haven't wanted to chew my arm off. The first two days I was almost in tears from hunger. When I'm not dieting I usually eat small meals over the course of the day and whether its a good idea or not I have started applying that to this diet. I eat my apple in the morning and then i eat my lunch items over the course of an hour or so. I just log my calories every time I put something in my mouth. If I'm hungry, I eat 1 or 2 cucumber slices. That's it.

My motivation has been that every day I have seen a drop in my weight and that has never been the case on any diet I've ever done. So as much as it sucks for the first few days...the pay off is soooo sweet! Don't get down on yourself!! You can do it!! Just find a way to make it work for you. You know your body better than anyone. Good Luck!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My first question is did you take your HCG during your load phase?
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    :heart: I am doing injections on my own and I order my hcg from a website many other Hcgers were using. I did my injections on the two load days and ate junk like crazy. The first load I went to Wendy’s and got a Baconator combo and almost made myself sick, day 2 went to a cookout and had some of everything thing, needless to say feeling loaded was an understatement.

Well it looks like it all paid off even after cheating a little with the walnuts I still lost 4.2lbs. Wow!!!!!:noway:
    I am so amazed; I have to find a way to make this work for me. From what i am hearing from other forms is the first 3 days are the hardest then the hunger subsides.

I change my injection site from my hip to my stomach maybe that will help. Thank you guys so much for responding, the other forum I have been on no one responses and I really need the support through this. :heart:
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Hi all - just stopped home to do some much needed laundry!! Glad to hear all the new voices and the loads of different perspectives and advice coming in!!

I am on day 38 - this is my last HCG day. Weight today was 159.2 ( total loss of 25.2 lbs) - but I must admit staying true these last few days has been more of a mental challenge than I expected. I am still hoping to finish strong these last two days!

My final goal is now around 150 - but since I never dreamed of being under 160 ever in my life that 150 now seems reasonable. I have not decided if I will do another round. Next week I go back to my 3x/week running and 1x/week weight training and reasonable eating schedule (stabilization - no starches/sugars for 3 weeks) and I'd like to see a gradual losses of perhaps 1-2 lbs per week but my sis says that losing is not to be expected on phase 3 - stabilization so I should wait for phase 4 maintenance before expecting any additional losses. This is assuming I don't have gaining issues!

Keep in touch everyone!!!
  • narose
    narose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I have been using MyFitness Pal since the begginning of the year and just noticed they have message boards. OMG! Moreover, I am happy to see a HCG Board. I am currently on R1P2 VLCD#9...I have a lot of total of 9lbs.
  • joannasaurusrex
    Options
    Does anyone have a good site to order these from if you're in the uk? I can only find American sites.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hello All,

This is day two for me of VLCD, and hunger is manageable. I fudged a little last night at bedtime and ate 5 strawberries--still posted a loss of 1.5 lbs. this morning, so that is fine with me.

Today, due to bad planning, I found myself in a grocery before I had lunch. My mom is not able to do her own shopping anymore, so that means I often pop in to the store for something she forgot to put on the list. Anyway, there I was, about to jump over the deli counter and into the hot case with all that fried chicken!!:noway: :laugh:

Fortunately, I had a better idea. I bought some minimally processed sliced roast beef and ate that instead. It got me out of the store, until I could get home and eat my tomatoes and my Melba toast to complete the meal. I find myself drinking more coffee (decaf) than I did before, but I have found a way to make Starbucks quite palatable without all the mocha's, whipped cream etc. I order house coffee, place one envelope of Truvia (made from Stevia) sweetener in it, a splash of non-fat milk, and a little nutmeg and cinnamon.. They usually have both of those, and if they don't have them on the self-service bar, just ask, and they will give you a shaker from behind the barista station. Anyway, that is not a bad drink, FYI.

I am on my way home, soon, to my chicken breast and broccoli for dinner with some strawberries.

I did wake up at 6a this morning, feeling hungry, but I don't get up that early, so I rolled over and when I woke up at 8:30, I wasn't hungry.

Congrats, Samantha!! You are off to a good start!! Don't let the "hungries" get you down. IMO, if you have to have an extra piece of Melba toast or a couple of extra strawberries as a snack, it isn't the end of the world. As long as you stay close to the 500 calorie limit, you should still lose.
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    So the hardest part of this for me came tonight. I had to make dinner for my husband and his colleagues. So I made stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey, french bread, green salad and brownies for desert. I wanted to devour it all!!! I had green salad and some ground turkey. I did take a bite of the stuffed pepper (it had rice in it) and a teeny tiny brownie crumb. I SOOO hope i didn't screw up too much. I'll be so mad at myself. I only had about 300 calories today and then whatever was in my little nibbles. Plus I burned 120 calories at the gym.

Uggh! I love food too much. I wish the obsessing would stop...I know it's all psychological.
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    Been a few days...

I was stoked when my scale read 141lbs! I was almost out of the 140's!! So excited!!! My husband is commenting on my will power & how much happier /healthier I look. :love: But then the next day it was back up. WTF? Turns out the stick-on wall hook I use to hang my kids' potty seat was wedged under the scale, out of sight (no wonder I couldn't find it!) and threw the accuracy of my scale to pot! Bummed me out, but I am proud because normally I would just give up.

After realizing what happened, it dawned on me...I'd hit a plateau! Grrr! Yesterday, I did try the "Apple Day" but after 2 apples...I couldn't hang. Bleh! :sick: It made me want to throw up with nothing else in my stomach! So I had about 1/4c of cottage cheese & that seemed to ease the unhappiness. BUT...I think I'm back on track today! :wink:

To July24Lioness - - You brought up a really good point. My lotion has Shea Butter in it. I was so obsessed making sure it didn't have animal in it...I completely disregarded the butter. DUH! Thanks for pointing that out...I've hopped on the no-lotion band wagon...which kinda stinks here in Denver 'cause it's super dry! BUT...it's only temporary!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    This is the start of day nbr three for me. I have lost the 4.5 pounds that came with loading days. Haven't chewed off my arm yet!:noway: Though during a 45 minute drive yesterday, I did speculate on what the leather steering wheel cover on my Toyota might taste like!!:laugh: :laugh: I stopped at Starbucks, instead.:bigsmile:

I have found that using the fruit for lunch as a little "breakfast" and the Melba toast at dinner as a mid-afternoon snack helps even things out. I also eat my dinnertime fruit later in the evening just before bed.

Today I woke with a headache, but it went away when I got up and drank some water. I think it might have been a result of an interrupted night's sleep. My Lhasa Apso decided it was time to get up at 2 am and demand a snack!!:noway: Then she didn't want to go back to bed. :grumble:

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Day 9 of the vlcd for me here and down 9 pounds! What's really weird is that my feet are skinnier lol. No, seriously. They are thinner. I can put on shoes that I couldn't a week ago. I am doing the homeopathic hcg, Platinum HCG. So far, it seems to be working. If it wasn't, I 'd have collapsed by now on only 500 calories a day.

Yesterday was very hard for me. I so want to eat something with bread :) Today was easier. My hubby and I are on the protocol together, so we keep each other on the straight and narrow. The hard part is prepping food for my kids. I am so used to just taking a bite from their plates. There is no room for that in this diet.

This is really teaching me self discipline and delayed gratification. I will eat that bread, and that burger - just not right now :).
  • Karyn1964
    Karyn1964 Posts: 14
    Options
    I was satisfied for the first time today eating the chicken soup w/onion ..man was that good.And i have leftover for tomorrow.Make sure you make it because it is a soothing yummy warm dinner.....

First make.....

:love: CHICKEN BOULLION BASE

6 100 gm pieces of chicken
    8 cup water
    1/4 t. garlic powder
    1/4 t. onion salt
    1/4 t. celery sat
    1/4 t poultry seasoning
    1/4 t. black pepper
    1 1/2 t. sea salt

Take out two cups of the mixture and put in a pan add an onion and cook covered till onion is soft
    There ya go chicken soup,and store the rest for tomorrow.Yum
    I had to add a little more water because i wanted more broth,not alot just enough.....
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    OR - you can use the Pacific organic low sodium chicken broth. 10 calories per serving. All organic.
  • Karyn1964
    Options
    Yes and the drops are what make you able to do it.I am not hungry at all.After the hcg is gone you are on a maintenance phase in which you still cannot have sugar or starch for the same amount of time you took the hcg.This gets your body used to burning fat on its own without hcg.And then after this time you can start working in the other stuff slowly but since you are so much smarter about what to eat, i dont think people are so reckless.Apparently hcg rewires your body to burn fat like it is supposed to, so after your off the diet it stilll burns.But of course you will gain if you pig out, but it teaches you to weigh yourself and not let yourself gain over two pounds without correcting it.
  • Karyn1964
    Options
    I havent been able to find chicken stock without sugar,they say Rachel Ray's but i couldnt find it.
  • Karyn1964
    Options
    My directions on the bottle and in print are 6 drops 6 times a day and not to eat 15 to 30 minutes after.Drink lots of water too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!