HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• samanthad2u
    Options
    VLCD 5: I am soooo tired today. I just can't shake it. I am going to lay down a bit then have some tea. Not sure why had a full night sleep and the past few days my energy was fine. Anyone else have very tired/sleepy day early on?
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    :ohw:yawn:
  • mjmoonin
    mjmoonin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My whole office went on the Hcg diet (the office is small there are only three of us) and it has been interesting. We are all despritly in need of downsizing and I heard about this from someone so we decided to do it. I started late and have lost 9 lbs in two weeks, one of the ladies is down 14lbs. This has been great!
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    My whole office went on the Hcg diet (the office is small there are only three of us) and it has been interesting. We are all despritly in need of downsizing and I heard about this from someone so we decided to do it. I started late and have lost 9 lbs in two weeks, one of the ladies is down 14lbs. This has been great!

That is great to have the support of others doing this with you. If it were not for my MFP friends I don't think I could do it. Glad to hear you all are having so good success!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i remember taking a nap one day my first week as well--adjusting, i guess. good luck to you!
  • pbradshaw
    pbradshaw Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a HCG some questions for everyone. I really want to try the HCG weight loss program but I am a vegetarian. How would I substitute my protein portions? What would I eat for my proteins? I do not eat any kind of meat, not even fish. Also, for the people that are using the drops, where did you order the drops from?

Thanks!

Patty from Texas
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have a HCG some questions for everyone. I really want to try the HCG weight loss program but I am a vegetarian. How would I substitute my protein portions? What would I eat for my proteins? I do not eat any kind of meat, not even fish. Also, for the people that are using the drops, where did you order the drops from?

Thanks!

Patty from Texas

I sent you a message..........

Do you eat egg? Egg whites and protein shakes are the only way I can think you will meet the protein requirements.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Patty from Texas

I sent you a message..........

Do you eat egg? Egg whites and protein shakes are the only way I can think you will meet the protein requirements.

I couldn't remember if it was in the Pounds and Inches manuscript, or in Trudeau's book, or on one of the many HCG websites I looked at, but to use eggs as the protein option, they stated, one full egg, along with the whites of three more eggs was the equivalent of a standard protein serving.

I just googled "HCG vegetarian diet" and came up with the following:

http://www.hcgfatloss.com/hcg-vegan-diet-protocol.htm
    The above link has the info I mentioned about eggs.

Also, I did a quick search of the P & I manuscript, and came up with section, or maybe it's page 46, that shows the following:
    "Vegetarians
    Strict vegetarians such as orthodox Hindus present a special problem, because milk and curds are the only animal protein they will eat. To supply them with sufficient protein of animal origin they must drink 500 cc. of skimmed milk per day, though part of this ration can be taken as curds. As far as fruit, vegetables and starch are concerned, their diet is the same as that of non-vegetarians; they cannot be allowed their usual intake of vegetable proteins from leguminous plants such as beans or from wheat or nuts, nor can they have their customary rice. In spite of these severe restrictions, their average loss is about half that of non-vegetarians, presumably owing to the sugar content of the milk."

So I hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck.
  • nunu139
    nunu139 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting this diet. I hear of stories of good and bad sites for the drops. Soooo, where should I get my drops?
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    Week 1 down!!! Pre-load weightloss so far 6.6, only 10.5 more to go to be at goal for this round. What great thing I am so glad I finally found HCG. This is how weightloss should feel! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Hey Lioness,

You mentioned getting B-12 at your compounding pharmacy..just want to let you know, sublingual B-12 tabs are readily available, Walgreens and Walmart have them, and if you want a liquid, that website you PM'd me sells a liquid version...just mentioning for your benefit and anyone else that is trying to save a buck.

Today I am down 1/2 a pound--probably shot myself in foot last night by eating some extra protein late in evening--was hungry for it but if it hadn't been in front of me, I could have resisted the urge to nibble. Anyway, carrying on today, so I am at 7 lbs. down and this is day 5. Got to move my ticker this morning, so that is always a good thing!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

The B-12 was only 4.00 from my compounding pharmacy and they are the drops. I knew the website I got my hhcg from had the drops for B-12, but the person I spoke to told me that I didn't need the B-12 because the drops I purchased had support to give me energy............
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    So excited...I broke through my plateau today and lost 2 more pounds! I'm only 5 pounds from my goal and I've finally found some satisfying WARM foods to eat. I guess it really is all about finding a way to make it work for you.

I so appreciate the support and info available on this board. My mom is starting round 2 of her HCG in a week or so and I've told her she has to use MFP this time around...it's made all the difference.

Happy dieting!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Am I the only one losing on the load phase?????
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Hi everybody! Back from vacation!!

The last week has been a wild ride!

Tuesday was Day 38 - my last HCG day - weight 159.2 - my "last dose weight" which is the weight to stay close to for phase 3.
    Wednesday I went a little nuts - am weight was 158.8 but I ate dinner with the folks which included a small potato :noway: and grilled pork chop. A few too many nibbles on some other things and, well I was up to 162.0 on thursday. I ate clean on thursday and was 161.6 on Friday. We had planned for weeks to go for fish fry on friday which we did. I had salad and baked haddock with drawn butter - alot of it. Today is phase 3 day 2 and I weighed 162.6. I should be on steak day but forgot and had eggs for breakfast. My sis told me about two other 'fix days" - there is such a thing as an 'egg day" and a "chicken day". She said I should aim for a dozen eggs today but I only had 8. The chicken day is a day where you pick at a whole chicken throughout the day I guess - I hadn't heard of it til today. So we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow I am back to my running also.

July24lioness - there are actually 4 phases. Phase 1 is a cleansing (I didn't do it). Phase two is the diet - both the loading and VLCD parts. Phase 3 is a stablilization phase - 3 weeks of no starch (no flour, potatoes, pasta, etc) and no sugars. Phase 4 is adding 'regular' food in slowly to see how the body adjusts.

Someone asked about calorie limits on phase 3. I don't think there is one except to be reasonable and avoid starches and sugars. One of the snacks I am looking forward to is homemade salsa (all fresh ingredients) and corn chips (corn,oil,salt - no flour).

I'll be here tomorrow to report in!!
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    Am I the only one losing on the load phase?????

No! I lost two pounds...weird huh?
  • dcnative
    dcnative Posts: 2
    Options
    Will you please forward me the website where you purchased your liquid HCG drops?
  • rjons
    rjons Posts: 5
    Options
    Had anyone had any bad side effects? I read some scary stories,guess I shouldn't have..I ordered my drops,haven't received them yet...Now I'm spooked
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    Today is P3D3 - last dose weight 159.2 - today's weight 162.0 (down from 162.6 yesterday) so today I am doing a steak day.

The only negative side effects I had were a headache for a few days in the very beginning, occasional fatigue (perhaps related to the diet but my work/life schedule forces me to sleep only 3-5 hours a night on Mondays and Tuesdays - those are the days I noticed the fatigue - so maybe not diet related), and stomach cramps at the end - again probably related to what I was eating (bad shrimp I think) than the diet itself. Other than that - the only problem I have encountered is that my CLOTHES DON'T FIT!!!! Yay!!

I just had a GREAT 5K run on the treadmill. I don't trust the odometer on it but whatever - it said I ran it in 26:31. We'll see how clost that is to running outside when I do my next 5K race on 8/7.

Anyone who wants info on my HCG purchase - send a message - happy to share info with people who want to get fit and in shape!!!
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fivefatcats you are doing great! I wish i would have done a longer round but just didnt have the will power lol I have about a week left on phase3 and it has been a bumpy road but im still within weight, have done a few steak days and one day i couldnt wait till dinner for the steak so i had 2 eggs for lunch and steak and apple for dinner and lost 2 lbs overnight, i am currently 1 lb over last injection weight so no steak day today but if it doesnt correct itself i will do one tmr. I feel so much better now that i have lost the extra weight and couldnt be more happy with hcg. I dont really crave many ph4 foods except bread! Has anyone tried the ezekial (sp?) bread and is it p3 friendly? Its seems i just need to eat more often and smaller meals, its hard to do when your busy but the days i really try to every 1-2 hours small meals are the days i do well. Still trying to figure it all out, i have found that i just cant do very much dairy without a gain, so thats something to work on. Hope everybody is doing well!

Jessica
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    I asked some MFPers on another thread about Ezekiel bread and got mixed reviews, leaning toward the positive though. I bought some and have it in my freezer. It was suggested to keep it in the freezer and thaw as needed to keep it fresh. It was also more popular toasted than not. I haven't tried it yet but will sometime in the next few weeks. I am still in the first week of P3 so I am not ready to add in 'bread' just yet.

Steak day means no food til dinner but with the 5k run and all the yardwork we did this morning, I think I am going to have to have something or I will be worthless for the afternoon. I made some fresh salsa yesterday and think I will have a little of that with a few corn chips.

I'll let y'all know what happens!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!