What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Options

Replies

• HolyBunny
    HolyBunny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Raw celery! Can't. It's so gross
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    "Try this amazing cauliflower rice! I can't tell the difference!"

"This cauliflower pizza tastes JUST like the real thing! It seriously doesn't taste like cauliflower!"

"This cauliflower mash is delicious! I feel like I'm eating potatoes!"

Ya'll some lying liars!!! :D Cauliflower can absolutely go f++k itself. >:)

I actually love cauliflower, kale, broccoli and most other vegetables. But spinach.... NO THANKS. I'm tired of telling myself that I like it (have been all my life), but honestly I H A T E spinach!!!
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I find romaine lettuce bitter. Cant figure out why. I wash it and it is still bitter. I try using it for wraps and all it leaves is a bitter taste in my mouth. Most of the time I eat it anyway since I am trying to lose weight. I like raw spinach but not cooked. It is too slimy and gross.
    I find the greener it is the more bitter it is. The lighter leaves are much better and I had good success growing it at home a couple of times and harvesting while the leaves were young. It has some vitamins and minerals obviously but it's an expensive way to eat your calories B)

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Kale! It sucks!
  • latoyaleg
    latoyaleg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Healthy Things I hate..,

Beets- taste like grass, looks like blood pelts... gross
    Cottage cheese - looks like spoiled milk
    Yogurt - tastes like spoiled milk, especially revolting with slimy fruit pieces included.
    Okra - it's slimy, thick and sticky. Looks like the mucas on the creatures from the movie Aliens.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yam and sweet potato anything, but especially the fries. i just don't get it. broccoli has been ' healthy' since forever, and it's been meh since forever as well.

and i'll second the tuna-hater, whoever that was. i've tried too.

edit: oh, and also turkey. i really really really really don't like it. and it's like the cauliflower of the meat world. turkey bacon, turkey burgers, ground turkey, smoked turkey . . . except no. it's all turkey and it all tastes like turkey.
  • dswan1283
    dswan1283 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any type of yogurt smells like sour milk to me and I can't even get it past my nose!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I actually almost like kale, but, it's only a pretty passive like. I would probably buy collards instead except my pet tortoise and rats prefer the kale, so, kale it is. I only like collards slightly more.

Things I hate:
    baby carrots- I freakin hate baby carrots. They aren't really baby carrots, they are just reprocessed ugly carrots that would have been sold as cattle feed. If I'm going to eat a carrot, it will be a real carrot that still looks like a carrot.. lol (AND, it's not probably going to happen because they aren't that good, I'd rather eat sweet potato for the same vitamins)

oatmeal- I mean c'mon. I've tried every variation. I've tried overnight oats, I've tried steel cut oats, I've tried quick oats, I've even tried the fancy ones that come in a glass jar. It's just glop. Sure, you can add berries and stuff OR you can just eat all those delicious things separately instead of contaminating them with oatmeal. If someone told me I had to eat oatmeal, I would just eat it dry, right out of the container, still less gross.

iceberg lettuce- just no. It's everything that was wrong with the $1 McDonald's side salad. Gack.

Diet versions of anything - there is no such thing as a good diet variation of anything. My sister made me try Halo ice cream the other day and I could just taste the chemicals in it. It had a weird bitter aftertaste. Apparently, not everyone can taste that. If aspartame tastes bitter to you instead of sweet then you have the taste receptors that allow you to notice that. I would rather buy a box of those 100 calorie lil' drums and at least have a real ice cream cone even if it is kinda tiny.. lol

PS, by diet version, I mean they have switched the ingredients to either remove fat or remove sugar. I don't have any issue at all with diet versions that are just little versions of the same snack. :)

There's no aspartame in Halo Top. It has stevia and erythritol, which are both naturally-occurring plant sugars (actually erythritol is a sugar alcohol).

Stevia does taste bitter to many people, but it's not a "chemical" any more than regular cane sugar is a chemical, it just happens to taste bitter to some people - so do Brussels sprouts. Technically I guess all foods are made up of chemicals.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    What is the point of rice cakes?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I actually almost like kale, but, it's only a pretty passive like. I would probably buy collards instead except my pet tortoise and rats prefer the kale, so, kale it is. I only like collards slightly more.

Things I hate:
    baby carrots- I freakin hate baby carrots. They aren't really baby carrots, they are just reprocessed ugly carrots that would have been sold as cattle feed. If I'm going to eat a carrot, it will be a real carrot that still looks like a carrot.. lol (AND, it's not probably going to happen because they aren't that good, I'd rather eat sweet potato for the same vitamins)

oatmeal- I mean c'mon. I've tried every variation. I've tried overnight oats, I've tried steel cut oats, I've tried quick oats, I've even tried the fancy ones that come in a glass jar. It's just glop. Sure, you can add berries and stuff OR you can just eat all those delicious things separately instead of contaminating them with oatmeal. If someone told me I had to eat oatmeal, I would just eat it dry, right out of the container, still less gross.

iceberg lettuce- just no. It's everything that was wrong with the $1 McDonald's side salad. Gack.

Diet versions of anything - there is no such thing as a good diet variation of anything. My sister made me try Halo ice cream the other day and I could just taste the chemicals in it. It had a weird bitter aftertaste. Apparently, not everyone can taste that. If aspartame tastes bitter to you instead of sweet then you have the taste receptors that allow you to notice that. I would rather buy a box of those 100 calorie lil' drums and at least have a real ice cream cone even if it is kinda tiny.. lol

PS, by diet version, I mean they have switched the ingredients to either remove fat or remove sugar. I don't have any issue at all with diet versions that are just little versions of the same snack. :)

There's no aspartame in Halo Top. It has stevia and erythritol, which are both naturally-occurring plant sugars (actually erythritol is a sugar alcohol).

Stevia does taste bitter to many people, but it's not a "chemical" any more than regular cane sugar is a chemical, it just happens to taste bitter to some people - so do Brussels sprouts. Technically I guess all foods are made up of chemicals.

There's no technically guessing... All food is made of chemicals!
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I'm not usually fussy, but I can't stand the texture
  • Pyklez
    Pyklez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any raw leafy green makes me gag..I can't even force it down and swallow. Makes light eating very challenging
  • willstrip4food
    willstrip4food Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hm. I like everything except "lite" mayo. Love all veg (okay, maybe not celery), love fat free/low fat dairy, yogurt and cheese. I like low calorie options and lean meat. No problem.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Fish. Oh and I agree kale is some nasty stuff!
  • Jamaica4god
    Jamaica4god Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Salad. Rabbit food I swear. Unless it's overloaded with veggies, it's so not worth it and if that's the case why don't I just skip the grass and eat the veggies.... yup.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Seaweed and beats will not go near either
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Beets*
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Salad. Rabbit food I swear. Unless it's overloaded with veggies, it's so not worth it and if that's the case why don't I just skip the grass and eat the veggies.... yup.

But have you ever put hot dogs in your salad?

I am really posting about this hot dog salad, trying to get everyone on board, but no one seems interested. lmao
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

But have you ever put hot dogs in your salad?

I am really posting about this hot dog salad, trying to get everyone on board, but no one seems interested. lmao

I love hot dogs but it depends on brands. They have to be kosher or they make me queasy. I could dogs in a salad.