What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast, aka fake cheese dust :p
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    pds06 wrote: »
    I just bought 2 boxes of Quest bars and literally can not get them down. Not only is the texture horrible they are so dry and heavy I'm afraid I'll choke. And I can eat anything. Can't return them so had to through $50.00 in the trash!

Shouldn't have thrown them away. I'm sure someone you know would have loved to take them off your hands. They may have even paid you for them. People on MFP rave about them all the time and say they're so addictive, but I got a couple of free sample bars and I was so glad I didn't waste my money on them. I think both of the bars I sampled had potentially good underlying flavors, but they were overpowered by the intense, sickening sweetness and they were very "heavy," as you described. I could barely stand them. And for that price? Nah, I'll pass... :s
  • Elerian
    Elerian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lettuce and anything lettuce like! Just ew.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    Coconut water. I even tried the one with pineapple juice in it. Noooope, not for me! Blek!

I'm going to say that different coconut waters taste COMPLETELY different as well. I love O.N.E. coconut water, but I've had some REALLY nasty brands. But none of them taste anywhere near as good as hacking open a young coconut and drinking the water straight from the fruit. THAT is absolutely delicious, and totally different from buying it in a store in a carton or can in North America but I only get to have that when I'm visiting family back in the Caribbean.
  • MsHarryWinston
    Options
    I second Quest bars being disgusting. And so expensive!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Kale - DISGUSTING

Agreed. I've tried it about 12 different ways and it's completely nasty.
  • Charabz69
    Charabz69 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lettuce. Specifically iceberg lettuce, ever since I found part of a beastie in it. I dread to think where the other part of said beastie ended up (now I feel sick).

Onion. Gives my stomach a hard time.

You must be Scottish?
  • Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and artichoke.
    I don't particularily like meat but I'll eat most except bacon and ham.
  • Charabz69
    Charabz69 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Kale, Quinoa (can't even pronounce it never mind eat it), cottage cheese (looks like spew), chia seeds, coconut water. It's strange how we all seem to hate the same health foods lol x
  • MsHarryWinston
    Options
    Coconut water. I even tried the one with pineapple juice in it. Noooope, not for me! Blek!

I'm going to say that different coconut waters taste COMPLETELY different as well. I love O.N.E. coconut water, but I've had some REALLY nasty brands. But none of them taste anywhere near as good as hacking open a young coconut and drinking the water straight from the fruit. THAT is absolutely delicious, and totally different from buying it in a store in a carton or can in North America but I only get to have that when I'm visiting family back in the Caribbean.

ONE is the one w/ pineapple that I tried last wknd. Ew. I would try coconut milk straight from a young coconut thought! Want to take me to the Carribean? :)

Oh I don't like the ONE fruity flavored ones, they're gross, I only drink the original. And yeah, I'll totally take you the next time I go. Road trip!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    pds06 wrote: »
    I just bought 2 boxes of Quest bars and literally can not get them down. Not only is the texture horrible they are so dry and heavy I'm afraid I'll choak. And I can eat anything. Can't return them so had to through $50.00 in the trash!

If you kept them I'd suggest stick them in the microwave for 10secs its softens them up a bit.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I second the cauliflower-everything. Haven't tried it, and won't - Cauliflower is not rice, pizza crust or mashed potatoes! I am not a fan of any type of cooked greens, unfortunately. I really want to like spinach, collard greens, kale, etc. but I turn my nose up at them every time :#
  • armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like cauliflower as itself. I hate it as a stand in for something else. Noodles that aren't made out of pasta can also get lost.

And anyone who likes it can keep the kombucha.

Avocados make me feel pain, so I don't eat those at all.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Kale. Cauliflower.
    Both just vile. in any way, shape or form.

Cottage cheese. Porridge. It's a texture thing...
  • 147Me
    147Me Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Low-fat yogurt.

It's been around for a long time - a marketing gimmick from the 80s and 90s. Unless you're going for a heavy full-fat, such as Greek-style or Balkan yogurt which is usually more than 6% fat, yogurt is a food that has always been lower in fat compared with other foods. But, "fat" was the new enemy of dieters in the 80s/90s, and replacing a bit of fat with gelatin and sugar was a cheap way to seduce the gullible masses into believing they were being healthier consumers. But this fad never went away and now the dairy shelves have been taken over: 95% of the yogurt is labeled either "low-fat" or fat-free". It's disgusting junk (taste-wise) and I will always hate it.
  • padawaneagle
    padawaneagle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it counts as health food so much, but it;s been recommended to me so many times. Almond milk. It's gritty and terrible and I can think of very few things I want less than grit in my drink.
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like cauliflower but I agree it does not serve as a substitute for anything other than itself. I don't believe anyone who tries to convince me otherwise. I made cauliflower "mashed potatoes" for thanksgiving once and thought my husband would divorce me for a minute there... "thanks for ruining thanksgiving" - he was right it was bad.

I hate beets. Ive even tried to force myself to keep trying them different ways if they are presented to me but they always just taste like dirt IMO.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    spinach yuck
  • DiannaOnMaui
    DiannaOnMaui Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Why has no one said Brussels sprouts?? ...gag...