What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Options

Replies

• Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Quinoa. I can't even say it, let alone eat it. And when I try, it always goes up between my lips, teeth and gums. CANT. STAND.IT. There is just no way to contain it. It stresses me out. And it looks like little baby fish eyes.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Avocados ... YUCK! I can't stand the texture and it's just bland to me. Cauliflower is just nasty lol.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. And don't even get me started with mixing protein powder into oatmeal. That *kitten* is nasty.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    cbl40 wrote: »
    Oatmeal. And don't even get me started with mixing protein powder into oatmeal. That *kitten* is nasty.

The only time I eat oatmeal is when they are in cookies or my homemade granola bars lol :wink:
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    protein "pancakes" or anything else that's "just 3 simple ingredients". NOPE. Those nasty hockey puck discs of sadness don't deserve to be called "pancakes". ...this recipe succcckkkked: http://willowbirdbaking.com/2015/01/20/four-ingredient-protein-pancakes-16-simple-healthy-meals/
  • armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Low-fat yogurt.

It's been around for a long time - a marketing gimmick from the 80s and 90s. Unless you're going for a heavy full-fat, such as Greek-style or Balkan yogurt which is usually more than 6% fat, yogurt is a food that has always been lower in fat compared with other foods. But, "fat" was the new enemy of dieters in the 80s/90s, and replacing a bit of fat with gelatin and sugar was a cheap way to seduce the gullible masses into believing they were being healthier consumers. But this fad never went away and now the dairy shelves have been taken over: 95% of the yogurt is labeled either "low-fat" or fat-free". It's disgusting junk (taste-wise) and I will always hate it.

Skyr is made with skim milk and it's delicious, but I hate the fat free Greek yougurt.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Eggplant and fennel. I am opposed to eating most fruits too.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand anything that pretends to be something else. I like cauliflower, when it is supposed to be cauliflower, prepared as cauliflower. Why anyone would want to pretend it is pizza, I have no idea.
    I do not eat "trendy" foods, that are hard to find, expensive, cannot be prepared in my normal recipes and have supposedly magical properties.
    From the "normal" healthy foods, I do not particularly like tomato salads, which is especially weird since I live in the Mediterranean. I have learnt to eat them after many years of trying, mostly because it is practically impossible to avoid them when I live, they are a side dish to everything.
  • kimiej825
    kimiej825 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only one who's going to say this: coconut - I can't eat anything that smells like it came out of a tanning lotion bottle. I think it's a texture thing too.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    kimiej825 wrote: »
    I'm probably the only one who's going to say this: coconut - I can't eat anything that smells like it came out of a tanning lotion bottle. I think it's a texture thing too.
    Blasphemy! *takes my coconuts and storms off in a huff to eat them by myself* hahaha. More for meeee. Nom nom nom.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hate most all of the healthy stuff...kale, Greek yogurt, chia, almond milk, all of the "special foods" suck.
    Only things I found I that I consider decent is skinny girl flat bread and chocolate halo top.
    I'll just eat what I like in reasonable quantities
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i love cauliflower when it's cauliflower. not when it's trying to be something it's not.

but screw kale, quinoa, green tea, any variation of seeds (unless they're sesame seeds on a burger bun), anything with the claim that it's gluten, dairy, fat, sodium, carb, and refined-sugar free.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ALSO egg whites. Like are you kidding me? that's the worst part of the egg!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Anything that you have to go to specific health shops to buy. If I can't buy from my regular supermarket I think its *kitten*. That includes chia seeds, flax seeds, protein shakes ect.

... I got chia seeds and protein powder at my local supermarket. They had flax seeds too but I prefer the chia.
  • tunaboi
    tunaboi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading all of these even though I love eating everything listed here LOL. It did take me some time to get used to that slimy chia seed texture though...
  • oddjenn
    oddjenn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ugh my old roommate was really into juicing and for whatever reason whenever she'd add kale to the mix I wanted to throw up from the smell to the point where now, four years later, I still avoid kale.
  • hannahland18
    hannahland18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Everything GNC lol
  • confuseddalek
    confuseddalek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes and cheese, and almost healthy recipe I've seen has that combo.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Wheatgrass! What the hell? Smells like fresh mown lawn!

Ha! That's what my husband says. I love it. I have some growing in my sprouter right now. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    For me it's protein powder, and most protein bars. Also not terribly fond of eggplant.

I love kale. I had some fresh from my garden for lunch today (mixed into some leftover rice and topped with a fried egg).