What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Options

Replies

• nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Tuna. I've tried. I just hate it, and always will.

Yes!^ I'm convinced it's really cat food. How about sprouts? Just gross, like eating a handful of grass.

I was force fed those as a child, most disgusting thing ever. They are not allowed in my house. My kids can try them, when they are older and move out!

• cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    LOL also a hater of raw kale.

But I actually have a BIG DISLIKE of cooked carrots. Can eat raw ones just fine. But that mushy texture of a fat cooked carrot is just.... :s:s:s

If I am going to cook them....i will grate them so they hide in soups or sauces. Thats the only way they can be eaten. :p
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maca. Tastes like rancid mushrooms and the taste never goes away!
  • phumy_healthyhabits
    phumy_healthyhabits Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Haha any eating plan that tells me to eat celery, asparagus, tuna. I skip.
  • poetapuella10
    poetapuella10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me it's avocado. I know it's good for me but I just can't stomach it at all.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Weird how many people hate kale. I've only had it once and split it into two portions, ate one raw and the other cooked. Both tasted alright to me even as a first timer, I was even impressed with the cooked because it wasn't quite as fragile as spinach so I could do whatever I wanted to it. When raw it tasted like a green, that "chlorophyll" aftertaste which I don't mind. Is that what people are finding unpleasant? What is it about kale that people find so off putting?

I think it is that it's so much less fragile and can be tough. I like it in an omelet or soup, but you have to keep in mind that it will cook down much less than spinach or chard (or turnip greens or many others), and not use to much or you can overdo it and feel like you are choking on it. I've always enjoyed it raw in salads when buying them at a restaurant, but don't eat it raw much at home.

I think the person who said it's better with something high acid is right too. I like it with lemon, and am thinking it would be a delightful substitute for collards (which are great!) in this dish I like with bacon and ACV. Plus, perfect MFP dish, kale, ACV, and bacon. ;-)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Weird how many people hate kale. I've only had it once and split it into two portions, ate one raw and the other cooked. Both tasted alright to me even as a first timer, I was even impressed with the cooked because it wasn't quite as fragile as spinach so I could do whatever I wanted to it. When raw it tasted like a green, that "chlorophyll" aftertaste which I don't mind. Is that what people are finding unpleasant? What is it about kale that people find so off putting?

I think it is that it's so much less fragile and can be tough. I like it in an omelet or soup, but you have to keep in mind that it will cook down much less than spinach or chard (or turnip greens or many others), and not use to much or you can overdo it and feel like you are choking on it. I've always enjoyed it raw in salads when buying them at a restaurant, but don't eat it raw much at home.

I think the person who said it's better with something high acid is right too. I like it with lemon, and am thinking it would be a delightful substitute for collards (which are great!) in this dish I like with bacon and ACV. Plus, perfect MFP dish, kale, ACV, and bacon. ;-)

I prefer lemon juice as my acid as you stated since I think vinegar is disgusting and go with lots of garlic instead of bacon since I'm a vegetarian. I love kale and liked it before it was the newest superfood.

In fact, the lemon juice/garlic combo is pretty much how I like all my greens.

Except Swiss Chard. I can't stand it. Because it tastes like beets. Which are vile.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Except Swiss Chard. I can't stand it. Because it tastes like beets. Which are vile.

i'm with you on that one!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lettuce. Specifically iceberg lettuce, ever since I found part of a beastie in it. I dread to think where the other part of said beastie ended up (now I feel sick).

Onion. Gives my stomach a hard time.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    whole wheat bread
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just bought 2 boxes of Quest bars and literally can not get them down. Not only is the texture horrible they are so dry and heavy I'm afraid I'll choak. And I can eat anything. Can't return them so had to through $50.00 in the trash!
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The only two foods I've ever tried that I didn't really enjoy are creamed corn and beets although I'll still eat them if someone serves them at a dinner. Other than that I've never found a food I didn't like.
  • ChristabelMB
    ChristabelMB Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anything that you have to go to specific health shops to buy. If I can't buy from my regular supermarket I think its *kitten*. That includes chia seeds, flax seeds, protein shakes ect.
  • Grimlingremlin
    Grimlingremlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
  • debk3811
    debk3811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Black beans and olives. Why can't good.old pintos be considered healthy instead?
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    Coconut water. I even tried the one with pineapple juice in it. Noooope, not for me! Blek!

I'm with you on that. Can't stand the stuff. Blek indeed!
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Whey protein
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Alfalfa sprouts! Blerch, I hate them. Like icky grass clippings.