What got you motivated to loose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    Not being able to pull my jeans above my thighs. I just sat down and cried. Meep :/
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The fact that in 2015 I plan on being the first female firefighter on our department, and I have to pass a combat physical test. I see it going better if I'm not 230 pounds when the time comes. If I'm going to wait two years for my dream to happen, I will NOT stand back and let it slip away because I never did anything about my weight.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It was a combination of thing that made me want to start...

Honestly...top reason is vanity. I have gorgeous friends (of all sizes) and I always felt invisible around them. (they didn't make me feel this way, it was internal). Reaching a tight size 24W. That was a huge wake up call.

Not fitting in the seats on the rollercoasters at Cedar Point. Almost not being able to buckle the seat in flights (and my hips being squished against the sides of the seats and worrying about the people next to me)

Getting winded playing with my nieces and nephews WAY too quickly.

70lbs down now...I certainly don't feel invisible anymore...I am down to a 14/16...I can fit in seats at Cedar Point and the smallest seats on planes....and I can outplay all the kiddos. :)

next goal is to be able to beat my super fit friend up the stairs at Skogafoss next time we go to Iceland. I had to take a few breaks when we were there on the way up (she was super supportive about it and I was 20 pounds heavier at the time).

Motivation now is seeing my muscle tone change (I'm getting great arms!!!!). I have collarbones now. Getting my time down on a 5km. smaller sizes in clothing (no more plus size stores now!!!). Also visiting above friend in Dallas in September and wanna do a class at her Pilates studio so she can train me...and want to be able to keep up. Lots of great motivations. Keep them positive!!!