Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    Options
    Name: b3achy / beachy
    Height: 5'3"
    Total Weight lost: ~25 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: Since mid-January 2017 (5 months ago)
    Maintenance weight range: ~120-125 lbs, for now (shooting for an eventual range of 115-120 lbs =~30 lb total loss)

Average weight recorded from January: 123.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 122.1 lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 121.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 122.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from May: 120.6 lbs

Week of...(I weigh for record on Fridays)...
    29 May (2 June): 120.8 lbs (Trending 121.53 lbs)
    5 June (9 June): 123.0 lbs (Trending 122.42 lbs)
    12 June (16 June):
    19 June (23 June):
    26 June (30 June):

Successes/challenges of this week:
    Successes:
    - Got back to the gym 2 days this week. Boy, I'm sore (so some DOMS/water retention has accompanied my workouts)
    Challenges:
    - Weight is trending up (but still in current range). Probably mostly water retention. Was hoping I'd break the 120lbs barrier this week and be able to work on being in my goal maintenance range...so, mildly disappointed.
    - Haven't been sleeping well all week, so I'm sure that is part of my weight issues too as I know for me, my sleep has a big impact on my weight/water retention.
    - Racing tomorrow, but haven't been out on the water since my race two weekends ago (due to weather and such). Going for a personal best time (despite being ill prepared), as the other ladies that I'm racing against are elites that should be in the longer race, so my 'position' will probably be lower than normal anyway.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day. (Update: I am taking a class in sign language for work, but I think I might go further with it than just the basics that my job requires.)

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight: 123.4lbs

Week of...
    26th May: 123.1lbs
    2nd June: 123.1lbs
    9th June: 122.8lbs

trendweight6917_1.jpg
    Successes of the week: Finally checking back into this thread. Losing most of the 1.5lbs I gained from my Fitbit being wrong. Staying sane during the last 2 weeks of the school year. LOL

Challenges of the week: Still coping with a downward emotional swing. Been eating too much and trying to outwalk my fork. I think I have sorted out my overly-generous Fitbit burn. Even though in theory the numbers still work, just seeing how much less I burn per day makes me feel sad and frustrated. I will be working on seeing the glass as half full instead of half empty. #LivingThePetiteLife

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Height:5'3.75
    Total Weight lost:52
    Time it took to lose: 1.5 years to original goal of 150; 5 months to new goal of 145
    How long in maintenance: 1 month
    Maintenance weight range: 139-144

Average weight recorded from January:153.8
    Average weight recorded from February:151.3
    Average weight recorded from March:145.8
    Average weight recorded from April:145.1
    Average weight recorded from May:142.6

Week of...
    5th June:142.2
    12th June:
    19th June:
    26th June:

Success/struggles of the week: Long weekend away with friends trying to eat healthy on long car drive and get in some exercise. Drank wine which I normally don't do much anymore. Gained a bit and trying to lose it before the beginning of the week. Dinner out tomorrow which will be a challenge. Still within maintenance range though.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5'1"
    Total Weight lost: Let's say from my very highest (~150 in late 2011), almost 50 lbs.
    How long in maintenance: Since February 2017
    Maintenance weight range: 100ish lbs - 107ish lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 104.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from May: 105.1

Week of...
    June 3rd: 105.6
    June 10th: 106.0
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 11.5 months (one year anniversary this month!)
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 140lbs (there - officially lowering my max from 142lbs)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs
    Average weight recorded for February: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for March: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for April: 140.8lbs
    Average weight recorded for May: 141.7lbs

Week of...
    26th May (for ref): 139.2lbs
    2nd June: 138.8lbs
    9th June: 139.2lbs
    16th June:
    23rd June:
    30th June:

Successes/struggles of the week:
    I've not managed to get nearly enough sleep this week. I've felt low on energy and lethargic and have struggled with my running as well as failed to lift increased weight for the first time this week. I've also felt more "snacky". Urgh! Got to all be related, right?
    So my focus for next week is to get to bed earlier - no excuses!!

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @girlgroves I wouldn't worry over .4#. You are doing well and within your range. I understand the sleep problems. I doubt I've slept all night in 30 years (since I had kids). I did have a good week running until today. I'm blaming the weather - getting warmer and more humid. Best wishes for a more energetic week.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @girlgroves I wouldn't worry over .4#. You are doing well and within your range. I understand the sleep problems. I doubt I've slept all night in 30 years (since I had kids). I did have a good week running until today. I'm blaming the weather - getting warmer and more humid. Best wishes for a more energetic week.

Thanks @mk2fit! I think you're right about the weather affecting running - it was really windy and muggy this week and it did make it much harder.... especially running into the wind! I tend to sleep fine once I get to bed - I just don't get there very early and a 5.40am alarm for work means no chance to make up for it in the morning. I feel like there are not enough hours in the day sometimes! It is only 0.4lb and that's not worried me at all - I've just felt so much less 'with it' - more hungry, more achey, more tired -and I feel like I have a cold coming too - urgh! Hope you have a good week too.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs. (fluctuations)
    Height: 5'2.5"/medium frame/67 yo
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years, 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded from January: 130.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 130.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.3.
    Average weight recorded from April: 130.6
    Average weight recorded from May: 130.1

Week of...
    4th June: 130.4
    11th June: 130.6
    18th June:
    25th June:

Success/struggles of the week: Indulged in some pizza this week -- totally worth the extra sodium! All good here. Have a great week.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @Trina2040 sometimes you just gotta eat pizza!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @Trina2040 sometimes you just gotta eat pizza!

True!! :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal)
    How long in maintenance: since July 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 124 - 128 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9

Week of...
    5th June: 122.8 scale/124.0 trend
    12th June: 123.2 scale/123.4
    19th June:
    26th June:

Success/struggles of the week: I guess I am still struggling with maintenance. My weight has dipped down below my range. It is really frustrating. For the last two weeks I have been eating an average of 2118 calories per day. My fitbit shows me burning an average of 1900 per day. Trendweight says I am burning 405 calories per day more than I am eating. I feel great and my doctor is not concerned about my weight. They were actually quite impressed with it. I think I eat a good amount. I guess I do need to eat more since I don't really want to decrease my activity level. I went for my yearly doctor visit last week. I was a little disappointed to find that my height has decreased from 5'4.75" to 5'3.5". They didn't seem to be concerned about it. I guess I just don't really know how many calories I should be eating. I manually set my goal on here to 2100. I do have my fitbit connected, but I don't really know if I should eat back the adjustment since I set my goal manually. If I let mfp set my goal it gives me something like 1650 which is definitely not enough. I guess my goal for this week needs to be to go over my calorie goal every day until I get back in range.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: BBJoy.
    Height: 5'6.5
    Total Weight lost: 33lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5 months
    How long in maintenance: Brand new
    Maintenance weight range: 115-120

Average weight recorded from January: 148
    Average weight recorded from February: 141
    Average weight recorded from March: 133
    Average weight recorded from April: 128
    Average weight recorded from May: 122

Week of...
    5th June: 116.6
    12th June: 113.8
    19th June:
    26th June:

Success/struggles of the week:

So I dropped a pound which is not good as I am already at the low end of healthy BMI. I have been sick with a sinus "something" for over a week. I have low energy and really need to focus on lifting to make sure I don't lose any muscle mass. Plan is to do 3-4 low distance runs and 3-4 weight sessions. I am training for my first 10k so I can't quit the cardio. MUST eat the calories back so I don't lose any weight. Also need to focus on getting the sleep and lots of water to aid recovery. Maintenance is hard. Since I am playing with really low maintenance calories (only an extra 290) I have to re calibrate to make certain that I don't just eat 290 worth of junk but something more nutritionally dense. I totally get trying to switch mindsets @juliawiththequads. I'll get there though.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Height: 171cm
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 1year 1 month
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from January: 72.8kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 72.3kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 72.7kg
    Average weight recorded from April:72.5kg
    Average weight recorded from May:72.7

Week of...
    5th June: 73.8kg
    12th June: 73.4kg
    19th June:
    26th June:

Success/struggles of the week:
    This week I've been craving and eating a lot of sweet/sugary food after the break of fast. I've managed to scoff a lot of it in the short the space of time that we have. I don't think I'll be able to break this habbit until the end of Ramadan.

I don't think I've had any success in recent weeks. Not any worth sharing. However, remember when I said at the start of Ramadan that it'll be a chance for me to work on snacking constantly and drinking tea/coffee. I think this habit has some what subsided. But the truth will be better known in about 10days.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Name: Nichell
    Height: 5'6
    Total Weight lost: ~50lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5.5 months
    How long in maintenance:almost 4 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155lbs

Average weight recorded from January: not recorded
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 173.5
    Average weight recorded from April: 164.5
    Average weight recorded from May: 156.4

Week of...
    5th June: 154.3, trend 154.9
    12th June: 152.8, trend 154.1
    19th
    26th

Struggles-so last week I said I felt like I found my maintenance calories. This week, I'm pretty sure that I'm actually still losing weight. I'm going to go one more week how I'm doing it, but if I continue to trend downward, I'll have to adjust. I honestly don't want to lose too much more than where I am now. But I also still have the mindset of a weight-loser, so part of me is excited to see the number. Gotta work on my mindset

Successes-I'm allowing myself to loosen up a bit. For the past 6 or so months I've been super strict to plan everything out and eat according to plan. While I still do that in large part, I'm allowing myself to eat a slice of pizza when my coworker shows up with a box, for example. May sound like a mini victory, but it's a step closer to a normal lifestyle, haha
  • psychrat
    psychrat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Name: Sofie
    Height: 5'4
    Total Weight lost: 43 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2 years
    How long in maintenance: just started the beginning of this month
    Maintenance weight range: 129-125 ish

Week of...
    5th June: 127
    12th June: 130
    19th June:
    26th June:

Success/struggles of the week: I binged on cookies while I was bored at work writing assessments (aka absentminded eating) and I went up on the scale this week. Even though I believe it is mostly water weight I plan on eating a bit below maintaince the rest of the week to balance things out. Eh.