Maintainers weekly Check-in June 2017

Options

Replies

• TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @girlgroves and @b3achy Thank you both for your replies. Looking at my own data, I would say that my fitbit is underestimating by 200-250 calories per day. Not a huge amount, but enough to keep me slowly trending down. I probably need to stop looking at the fitbit calories burned. And I do think that I am at a really good weight. I have had several people tell me lately that I need to stop losing (which annoys me because I am trying) and even that I should gain some back ( which I don't want to do). But I would be very happy to stay where I am. I am not underweight, and I have become very active and I feel really good at this activity level. And I think I look pretty good too. Maybe my sisters really are just jealous.

Me too. My Fitbit underestimates and I can't stand the red numbers either. I set MFP to gain 0.5 lbs a week and BOOM! perfect maintenance when I close the day with 80 cals left uneaten. I love the green.

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Name: mk
    Total weight lost: 72# (on MFP)
    Time to lose: 9 months?
    How long in maintenance: Called it at 130# May 2015 but kept losing until fall.
    Maintenance range: 114-118#

Averaged 114-116 January to May.

June 9: 116# (Back home to a scale)
    June 14: 117#
    June 21: 116#

Successes/struggles: I stopped logging this month. It seems that I have a fairly decent handle on things. I have put on a couple of pounds this year which is what I have wanted to do for a year. It is scary, though. I don't want to start a huge gaining trend. Pretty sure it won't happen, just something that is always in the back of my mind.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5'0"
    Total weight lost: 32
    Time it took to lose: 2.5 years
    In maintenance since 10/10/2014
    Maintenance weight range: 135 - 138
    Struggles of the week: been holding to 137.5-138 for over a week. 138 is my scream weight and I don't want to be there. Have been eating at a deficit and upping exercise. It's summer and hot so some might be bloat, but not taking a chance.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    Options
    Name: b3achy / beachy
    Height: 5'3"
    Total Weight lost: ~25 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: Since mid-January 2017 (5 months ago)
    Maintenance weight range: ~120-125 lbs, for now (shooting for an eventual range of 115-120 lbs =~30 lb total loss)

Average weight recorded from January: 123.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 122.1 lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 121.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 122.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from May: 120.6 lbs

Week of...(I weigh for record on Fridays)...
    29 May (2 June): 120.8 lbs (Trending 121.53 lbs)
    5 June (9 June): 123.0 lbs (Trending 122.42 lbs)
    12 June (16 June): 123.2 lbs (Trending 122.92 lbs)
    19 June (23 June): 122.8 lbs (Trending 122.72 lbs)
    26 June (30 June):

Successes/challenges of this week:
    Successes:
    - Surprised to see my weight trending down slightly despite my binges.
    Challenges:
    - Had a bit of a binge week this week. One day of crazy eating, but it was also a night out of fun at a baseball game. Next night was a day of crazy wine drinking. Barely logged either day (so had to go back and try to remember what I actually ate to update my logs). Not sure what that was about, but it was pretty ugly.
    - Slacking on my workouts again this week. Been busy with some work, etc.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby, like sign language) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight: 123.4lbs

Week of...
    26th May: 123.1lbs
    2nd June: 123.1lbs
    9th June: 122.8lbs
    16th June: 121.9lbs
    23rd June: 122.5lbs

Trendweight62317.jpg

Successes of the week: Managed to get a few steps and workouts in, despite a super sedentary week of summer school prep.

Challenges of the week: Watching the scale go up as I store glycogen for my hiking weekend. Coping with fewer steps and less food, although eating at maintenance helped. Thank goodness it wasn’t a sedentary banking week, though those may be coming as I start tutoring on Tuesday!

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Wow, @CoachJen71, I just read your story. Congrats on your successes!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Wow, @CoachJen71, I just read your story. Congrats on your successes!

Thank you!
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Height:5'3.75"
    Total Weight lost:52
    Time it took to lose: 1.5 years to original goal of 150; 5 months to new goal of 145
    How long in maintenance: 1 month
    Maintenance weight range: 139-144

Average weight recorded from January:153.8
    Average weight recorded from February:151.3
    Average weight recorded from March:145.8
    Average weight recorded from April:145.1
    Average weight recorded from May:142.6

Week of...
    5th June:142.2
    12th June: 140.6
    19th June: 140
    26th June: 139.4

Successes:I would say this was mostly a successful week. Went to a friend's house for dinner and had only the healthy options, and no wine. Registered a loss the next day which has never, ever happened after going out. Managed to get in some decent exercise despite the 90F temps and no air conditioning. Was down to an all time low of 138.8 and my "goal jeans" fit well enough to be seen in public.

Struggles: It's a mental struggle which I imagine many new maintainers have. After being in "losing mode" for so long, how to flip the switch to "maintenance mode". Although I declared maintenance last month I still strove to lose to the lower range of maintenance and got there. I'm not mentally prepared to give up the fight, this personal challenge has been fueling me for over 2-1/2 years, I loved the numbers and graphs. Now what??
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    @CoachJen71, i read your story too, very impressed. I wish i can find that same bond over an activity with my SO, but so far she refuses my invites. Good for you, and you look great. Congratulations!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @mikesmom1983 - maintenence doesn't need to mean the end of your numbers and graphs! I kept an excel spreadsheet all the way through my weight loss - recording data on weight, measurements, planned exercise, weekly meal plans - I still keep adding the same info now that I'm in maintenance - just on a new sheet! I've also got a new graph to keep me happy with the trendweight app Libra, and now concentrate on lots of other data not related to weight loss - my running times/distances/pace, weight lifted, body fat percentage....... It might feel like the end of the fight but there are plenty of other fitness related challenges you could find to keep you going. It's worked for me.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    girlgroves wrote: »
    @mikesmom1983 - maintenence doesn't need to mean the end of your numbers and graphs! I kept an excel spreadsheet all the way through my weight loss - recording data on weight, measurements, planned exercise, weekly meal plans - I still keep adding the same info now that I'm in maintenance - just on a new sheet! I've also got a new graph to keep me happy with the trendweight app Libra, and now concentrate on lots of other data not related to weight loss - my running times/distances/pace, weight lifted, body fat percentage....... It might feel like the end of the fight but there are plenty of other fitness related challenges you could find to keep you going. It's worked for me.

Thank you for the advice.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total Weight lost: 80 lb
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 lb

Average weight recorded from January: 184.7 lb
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.7 lb
    Average weight recorded from March: 182.5 lb
    Average weight recorded from April: 183.1 lb
    Average weight recorded from May: 182.4 lb

Week of...
    5th June: 181.6 lb
    12th June: 181.1 lb
    19th June: 181.0 lb
    26th June: 181.8 lb
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs. (fluctuations)
    Height: 5'2.5"/medium frame/67 yo
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years, 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded from January: 130.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 130.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.3.
    Average weight recorded from April: 130.6
    Average weight recorded from May: 130.1
    Average weight recorded from June 131.0

Week of...
    4th June: 130.4
    11th June: 130.6
    18th June: 131.6
    25th June: 131.4

Success/struggles of the week: Still trending towards the higher end of my maintenance range so slowly cutting calories a bit. Hope everyone has a great upcoming week! Onward and forward to July!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal)
    How long in maintenance: since July 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 124 - 128 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9

Week of...
    5th June: 122.8 scale/124.0 trend
    12th June: 123.2 scale/123.4 trend
    19th June: 121.6 scale/123.0 trend
    26th June: 122.2 scale/123.1 trend

Success/struggles of the week: It has been a pretty good week. I am just trying to concentrate on how I feel and not so much on the numbers and what others are telling me. I had my annual physical a couple of weeks ago and all my blood work came back perfect. So I am just going to trend here at 123 (even though it is a little under my stated range) and not worry about it.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 75ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 7 months (apparently i reached my maintenance numbers a little earlier than i remembered, i realized that when i checked on my logs)
    Maintenance weight range, adjusted: 145 - 150 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4
    Range of weight recorded from April 146.6- 150.4
    Range of weight recorded from May 144.6- 151.2
    Week of...
    5th June: 150.8 scale/149.9 trend
    13th June: 153.2 scale /151,9 trend
    19th June: 146.4 scale /149.9 trend
    26th June: 146.3 scale /147.1 trend

Success / struggles of the week : I made the list of my bad eating habits, and wrote the solutions to try to counteract those bad habits that drag me down. I'm proud to note that i have been implementing it, slowly and not always, but working on it. Also, with some mindful eating (being home kids free and cooking our meals helps a lot ;) ) i got my weight to go down, and the trend weight is down as well. Lowest weight this past week was 143 ish, and i feel in control of the situation. It helps that it stopped raining without breaks and i was able to ride again. I still have most of my fat clothes stored around the house. I think it's time that i trust myself that i can keep this up, keep the weight off, and continue to improve my fitness. Because it's not that difficult, and lots of fun, actually.