Aliens,Bigfoot,ghosts

Options

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »

Who built the pyramids, mounds, and other ancient structures?

Ancient peoples?

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Alien conspiracy theorist here.
  • LAWoman72
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

I don't know why, but my husband and I LOVE the Ancient Aliens series. But we do this thing...I really don't drink so it's kind of a joke...I brought up one time that a great drinking game would be to take a drink every time the MC on the show said "ancient alien theorists suggest" or a similar takeoff on that phrase ("according to ancient alien theorists," etc.). We figure if anyone actually played that game, he or she would be pretty darned drunk by the end of the episode.

Anyway, whenever some form of that phrase comes up we both yell "Drink!"

I think they say it to sound official but it's just so funny when you break it down. Kind of like saying "Santa Claus historical experts have learned that..." or "Ancient Atlantian culture researchers say..." "Leprechaun house-building and gold-locating experts believe..." It's not that any of this stuff is impossible, I'm not totally discounting it, but it just sounds so funny to make something so obscure sound official in that way. It sounds like an SNL skit or something.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

Ancient peoples?

You spelled aliens wrong
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I had a friend who believed that the reason we could never find a Bigfoot is because they came over on alien ships, were beamed down for....whatever purpose...then would be beamed back up. And that this is what happens over, and over, and over all the time. He was so serious about it, and it was so ridiculous I couldn't even laugh at him. I was more speechless that he believed that.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who believed that the reason we could never find a Bigfoot is because they came over on alien ships, were beamed down for....whatever purpose...then would be beamed back up. And that this is what happens over, and over, and over all the time. He was so serious about it, and it was so ridiculous I couldn't even laugh at him. I was more speechless that he believed that.

What if he's right?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

I don't know why, but my husband and I LOVE the Ancient Aliens series. But we do this thing...I really don't drink so it's kind of a joke...I brought up one time that a great drinking game would be to take a drink every time the MC on the show said "ancient alien theorists suggest" or a similar takeoff on that phrase ("according to ancient alien theorists," etc.). We figure if anyone actually played that game, he or she would be pretty darned drunk by the end of the episode.

I think they say it to sound official but it's just so funny when you break it down. Kind of like saying "Santa Claus historical experts have learned that..." or "Ancient Atlantian culture researchers say..." "Leprechaun house-building and gold-locating experts believe..." It's not that any of this stuff is impossible, I'm not totally discounting it, but it just sounds so funny to make something so obscure sound official in that way. It sounds like an SNL skit or something.

Reminds me of playing "Bob" when the Bob Newhart show was on. lol.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

or listen to NPR

anytime you here " Fail " or "Policy" you drink.

"Failed Policies" triggers a full chug of a beer
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

What if he's right?

My mind just can't go there lol
  • Motorsheen
    Options

the first time I played that Marcia said to him: "Bob, Bob.... Bob, Bob....Bob!"

I was ripped by the first Campbell's Soup commercial
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    I used to have vivid dreams about Alien abduction back when my eldest child was a baby, and that one child would always go through bouts of fear when she was a child always seeing the faces of an aliens in her sleep at which time we lived in a very secluded cabin in the woods, and she suffered from night Terrors as an adult, which finally ended in her thirties after she had her child. I've also had to have a very tiny mysterious piece of metal cut out and removed from my inside wrist .

I sometimes wonder... :fearful:

You are an alien human hybrid
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    An octopus is just 8 eels stapled to a basketball

I've decided to put this on my grave stone.
  • Buk30
    Buk30 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Buk30 wrote: »
    Buk30 wrote: »
    I live directly next to a graveyard, no ghosts here.

Why would there be? Think about it? if your a ghost the last place you'd want to be is in a graveyard

That's the first place I'd be

No your physical body would be, but your physical body is the exact opposite of what a ghost is . So no you wouldn't

No really that's where id be since ghosts don't exist

You don't exist
  • Buk30
    Buk30 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden this thread gained a more serious tone. Thank god
  • LAWoman72
    Options

Ancient peoples?

You spelled aliens wrong

Oh! Sorry.
    mlkt1c34rqvc.jpg

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    How come no one ever sees the ghost of alien bigfoot?