June 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    AAAAAAH!!! I was told no running for 4-5 weeks. You know that's not likely gonna happen. Hey, I saw the assistant not the surgeon today... So, I don't have to listen right? I can swim or bike, and do glute strengthening exercises. No running until I regain glute strength. :disappointed:

I have running clothes with me... How can I not? GRRRR!

Oooh! That sucks. You probably should listen. Biking is fun and swimming is good, especially with this brutal heat/humidity.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Saw this on other site.... never have I ever as a runner. I scored 9. Give yourself a point for every yes you have.

vpxjlaiufkak.jpg

I scored an 8.

However, I could answer yes to the carb loading with no race, complaining about knees, and owning 10 pairs of shoes before I even became a runner. LOL
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ugh! Just found out that I have to go to China on business for two weeks this September. Thus endeth my thoughts of doing a full in October. Feeling a little bummed, even though I wasn't certain yet that I was going to do it.

@skippygirlsmom - Not sure if my score is 8 (for things I haven't done) or 12 (for things I have).
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    AAAAAAH!!! I was told no running for 4-5 weeks. You know that's not likely gonna happen. Hey, I saw the assistant not the surgeon today... So, I don't have to listen right? I can swim or bike, and do glute strengthening exercises. No running until I regain glute strength. :disappointed:

I have running clothes with me... How can I not? GRRRR!

Oooh! That sucks. You probably should listen. Biking is fun and swimming is good, especially with this brutal heat/humidity.

@Elise4270 - You can join me in the "sidelined-runner-wanna-be-swimmer" group! Bummed for you :(
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Today was just a quick 2 miles coming home from work - I normally walk it but was probably my only chance to run until Monday. Was nice to pick up the pace, although was downhill so that was easy enough. Legs still very heavy but have gotten better rather than worse each day I've run this week so that's been encouraging.

Not sure I'll get a chance to check in over weekend, and knowing how fast this thread moves I'll never catch up so good luck to everyone doing a race this weekend - esp. @MNLittleFinn in your first full.

exercise.png

11-June: 6.50km easy
    13-June: 5.18km steady
    14-June: 4.59k *slow* + 3.18k easy
    15-June 7.94k easy
    16-June: 3.67k tempo

Upcoming Races:
    9-July: Southend HM
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    My Amphipod came! Yay!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 -Awesome! That is the best feeling!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    June 16 – 7.0 miles Interval Run

Total: 61.25 miles/100 miles

It’s Fartlek Friday! That was a surprisingly awesome fartlek run! The intervals were 200m, 400m, 600m, 800m, 600m, 400m, and 200m. Somehow, I managed to maintain a 9:00 pace for every interval. I had no idea I could actually do that!!! For some of you, that’s nothing, but for me that was a serious accomplishment.

Next Race:
    June 23 – St. Pete Beach Series, Race #1, 5K

Yay!! Good job!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent - Since the last time I posted about the amphipod belt, I tightened it up and put diaper pins on the straps to prevent slippling. It worked; I've run with it a few times now and it fits consistently. I expect to keep using it till the weather gets cold enough that I need to switch back to the Nathan belt for slip-in holsters instead of clip-in bottles. Also paid attention; the squirting issue is only an issue with my Nuun, not with water. Nuun is lightly carbonated, and if I don't have time for it to go totally flat between making it and running, the pressure will build up as my gait shakes the bottle. So I need to use the push-pull caps on the Nuun bottles, but not the water bottles.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - Since the last time I posted about the amphipod belt, I tightened it up and put diaper pins on the straps to prevent slippling. It worked; I've run with it a few times now and it fits consistently. I expect to keep using it till the weather gets cold enough that I need to switch back to the Nathan belt for slip-in holsters instead of clip-in bottles. Also paid attention; the squirting issue is only an issue with my Nuun, not with water. Nuun is lightly carbonated, and if I don't have time for it to go totally flat between making it and running, the pressure will build up as my gait shakes the bottle. So I need to use the push-pull caps on the Nuun bottles, but not the water bottles.

Ah! Carbonation! Yeah, that would be a problem. I have never tried Nuun. I use Propel Zero in my water which is sufficient for like an hour or so run. If I am going longer, I supplement with S-Caps.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    6/1 5miles 46:33min
    6/2 3miles 27:09min
    6/3 7miles 65:53min
    6/4 rest
    6/5 3miles 27:52min
    6/6 4miles 36:43min
    6/7 3miles 27:55min
    6/8 13.1miles!!! 2:06:49min
    6/9 rest
    6/10 3.55miles 35:30min
    6/11 rest
    6/12 4mi intervals 38:32min
    6/13 5miles 50:34min
    6/14 rest
    6/15 5miles 48:52min
    6/16 4miles 37:39min

Another 4 miles today. Went to crossfit yesterday afternoon and my thighs are smoked. I'm surprised I could even run this morning. 50 Wall balls, 40 knees to chest, 30 ball slams, 20 jump ups (modified pull ups), and 10 deadlifts... the workout took me 10 minutes. Crazy how maxed out you can feel in just 10 minutes.

Also did PT this morning. She pulled and stretched and I did a few exercises and my hip is feeling pretty good. The test will be when I head out for an 8 miler tomorrow.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Good luck on your full marathon tomorrow. No matter what happens in your race tomorrow, you will always be a winner to me. You took on that challenge and worked hard, adapting your training plan, and just running those miles. All of us here are really proud of you and I am really looking forward to your race report.