womens clothing size. Is this true?

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
ASnsXxH.jpg?1

Found this and had to inquire on its validity. If it is true... why do I constantly see women seeking a certain clothing size? Shouldn't you be seeking a store that sells smaller size? (May I suggest GAP based on the pic?)

Replies

• DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have pants that vary by 2-3 sizes and all fit the same.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It's true. And the main reason I can't shop for pants online :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes that is true. There are some brands that I would have to go to a damn size 15-16 or maybe higher, but others that I can wear an 8 or a 10. I usually just stick to my Levi's and I am currently in a 10.......hoping to get in a 6 before it's over. :-)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is true. There is no standard sizing in women's clothing.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

THIS

And it's a pain to go store to store trying on pants.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    very true. different brands, different fits
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am a 4 at Banana republic, 4-6 at limited and 6-8 at anthroplogie. The big reason I don't order on line a lot.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yep. I wear anywhere from an 8-13.
    I'm not bothered but sizes anymore, but It used to kill me If I wasn't fitting a 7-8 EVERYWHERE.

I wish they all were all sized the same, though. I hate having to go in a store and take 10 pairs of jeans in the Dressing Room just to find one pair that fits. LOL :laugh:
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options

THIS

And it's a pain to go store to store trying on pants.

Agreed. I wish we could buy by waist/inseam like men....
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I hate vanity sizing. It makes it sooo hard to buy clothes as you can't just grab 'your' size and go
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous. Then you throw in stores like Forever 21 that have pant sizes like 26, 27, 31 etc.
    I have pants ranging from sizes 0-5(juniors) that fit....
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    A size 7 and a size 4 are roughly the same size...Odd Numbers are "Junior" sizes, Even Numbers are "Misses/Woman's" sizes. The cut it fuller in the bust and hips for "Misses/Women's"
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You are comparing misses sizing to juniors. They are cut differently and sized differently. Anything with an even number is misses or women's and an odd number is junior's. A 7 in junior's is not necessarily in between a misses size 6 and 8. Even so, different brands and styles will still run differently. I usually wear a 0 or 2 in misses, and a junior's 3 or 5.
  • taunto
    Options
    Seriously? No wonder you all take so long shopping...

You know there have been multiple times I never even tried on my clothes? Just went into the store (grocery store even), grabbed some jeans/khakis/shirts and checked out. Got home. Fit perfect...
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    True. I wear size 16 in Old Navy, but still 18 or even 20 at other places like Target
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    True. Huge variance by brand. Designer duds, in particular, tend to have a smaller size number. When I wore a size 12 in Levi's, I also wore a size 4 in Charlotte Ford jeans... both fit. And to make it worse, men's pants are true to size by both waist and inseam, and my hubby can buy clothes without trying them on. UNFAIR!
  • taunto
    Options
    A size 7 and a size 4 are roughly the same size...Odd Numbers are "Junior" sizes, Even Numbers are "Misses/Woman's" sizes. The cut it fuller in the bust and hips for "Misses/Women's"

I understand these words individually but put them together and I'm lost...
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So now you know why men complain about shopping with women!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Yup! ^^^^
    This is why I hate shopping.......:grumble:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Women's clothing is definitely like this, not so much males. Yes many women will seek out that store where they can fit into the smaller size. I often take in 2 sizes with me and do not take it personally if the smaller size does not fit.

The odd /junior sizes is another thing all together, not made for folks with hips and things at all.

Nice of you to seek understanding in this!