WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2017
    KJ - A friend posted this website on FB and I thought about you: smartschoolhouse.com/diy-crafts/hand-footprint-art-ideas

It has 27 or 28 pages of little things made with hand and footprints and even thumb prints. I found that I had to make sure that if an ad popped up I could not go to the 'next' page until I 'closed' the ad (usually at the bottom right of the page; and, on about every other page).

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    I hope I do t go poof in The night like I did last night. Becca, love the whole theory about the rocks. It not only gets kids out looking for them and a sens of accomplishment. Plus the maker of the rocks is using art which sometimes a dying art n the minds of children. It kind of reminds me of geocaching. I don't know if my daughter and family have done any of that on their vacation this time. They fl home tomorrow. A teenage boy from their church was gong to fly down to that area and went with them. His parents like independence. I think 14 is to young to have that kind of independenc. Anyway they are going to pick up ytoorrow and get him to the airport for their trip home. I don't know why his host family can't do it.

MR Mozart had his first wellness check today. Vets say 1 pound per month when they are kittens and we were told he was 8-10 weeks old when we got him and that will be 2 weeks this Thursday. He is 2 pounds 15 ounces so he is right on track for a possible 3 month old. And perfectly happy. I tried to be a good cat Mama tonight and put on the 4 nail caps that had fallen off. That did not work at all. You are supposed to set everything up before you wrap your precious one up like a burrito. So I had the glue in all the nail caps, hot him wrapped up and started. Well when I was trying to put the first on, he was squirming, Meloedy was right there wondering wha was wrong and the nail kind of stuck on me between the Indy fingers of both hands. The adhesive really, really sticks. I though I was gong to have to go around with a kitten nail cap stuck between both index fingers until it naturally fell off. So I gave up. MIchelle will help this weekend if Melody will let her. The vet did say that hey do front declawing in indoor cats as long as they aren't 6 months old. The nail caps should be first but if they don't work and the owners have health problems like on blood thinners, then they do do it. We will air and see how the nail caps work again.

Well my eyes are almost asleep. I was doing research on creating a bedtime routine for a kitten and they suggested a 'music cat station' on Pandora. So I a, listening to that. It is working n me!

Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Ginger - Love the storm pic! We had gales and rain last night and it's very gloomy and windy this morning. Yesterday I put the heating on.

Yoga this morning. First time in three weeks because I injured myself at home just before last week and the previous week was a holiday. I'm going to drive the new car there for the first time. :o:o Luckily it's only a few hundred yards away and the parking is easy. The only hazard is the brambles and branches in the hedge beside the narrow road. Sometimes you have to pull in to the side when someone is coming the other way. Don't want to scratch it. :noway:

DH is going to shop this afternoon. I haven't been able to shop for four days as I had no car. We did stock up beforehand. He is a very useful husband. :D He does all the washing up, rubbish emptying, kitchen care and fruit shopping and preparation. Also general shopping on his own when needed. Wouldn't swap him for anything!

Barbie - Jake seems to have a restless streak, like me, always looking for the next challenge and excitement. You are just the opposite. Perhaps he needs to get his teeth into a major project. Veganism might be it for a while. It would certainly be a challenge to do it properly. :o Is there some voluntary project he could get excited about?

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Good morning ladies, I am feeling in a good place without eating white flour or sugar, but still itchy--time to force myself to get an appointment with a dermatologist-takes weeks to get an appt. and who knows if I will get any answers(grrr) but I have to try.

DD and DH are planning a 5-day getaway to vegas next week. They have a really nice bond together, as fellow wanderers, which takes the pressure off of me to fly or drive long distances. Anyway, they are excited and I will have some alone time to deal with-I feel a home project is in my future!!

Good day everyone, NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    Yesterday at work went fine.. and today will be busy busy,...I know some of you have the LuLuRoe Leggigs and love them.. well my DD actually bought me a maxi skirt from them as a thank you for helping with Tal. I was so suprised. I will have Tal on Thursdays for the summer ,gonna look for fun things to do..
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Today, I am going to push myself and Blue out the door for a walk rain or shine! This has really been an obstacle for me. I am pretty sure it is a part of my grieving for my Fur Baby Storm that passed away at the end of 2015. :( He was my walking partner for 11 years. I’ve not been able to bond to Blue in quite the same way even though I love him to pieces.

Lillian: Good for you. It’s always good to need a new pair of jeans especially when the old ones are too big! :)

Katla: Thanks for speaking about the dual control blanket. I am going to look into getting one. :)

Csofled: Thanks for the link for rock painting. Alas there is not one in my area, but I may get my friends together and start one. Wonderful idea. :)

Felicia: I hadn’t thought about a potted fig tree. I may look to see if I could grow one. I love to be able to make just a little bit of fig jam. :)

Heather: It is so nice to have a “useful” husband. DH dislocated his shoulder last week so I’ve been on my own for dish washing as I cook. Even though we have a dishwasher, I have really missed him cleaning up as I mess up. <3

Have a great day!

Tere in RVA
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Horrible day here today, gusty wind and rain, we've got the heating on. DH still wants to go out later, takes a lot to keep him from his afternoon bar crawl, I usually join him but I've got one eye on the weather. It has stopped raining but for how long don't know. We don't drink loads we just enjoy a bit of entertainment and people watching. Here in Liverpool in the afternoons lots of bars have live music and some have free food. Afternoon is great for us oldies as we are home by about 8pm and we miss the mad younger element.

LEIGH- DH does all vacuuming and mopping tile floors etc and will clean the shower cubicle, which I hate doing. It is an enclosed cubicle with seats and different spray nozzles and a radio but you have to be in it naked to clean it. I do cooking and he washes up

Kate UK <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)Heather and Leigh, a few years ago, one of Jake's friends called him a "serial enthusiast". He gets passionate about something for awhile and then moves on. We have a closet filled with hobby paraphernalia from all his interests. His interest in a vegan diet is related to his concern about his heart health. When he got very passionate about eating low sodium, he bought three cookbooks and from all that, he now makes a huge batch of marinara sauce to freeze in meal sized jars. He had a hard time giving up cheese and bread and dill pickles. I just try to roll with the tides. We have many food days that are "find it and fix it" so we can eat according to our own plans.

<3 Barbie
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Chris in MA: Congratulations on losing a bale of hay! It looks like you're getting close to goal. I've been at goal a long time, and recently had a little bump upward. The need for vigilance is one of the reasons I'm still here and expect to be here for a long time to come. :flowerforyou:

Tere: We looked everywhere for a dual control electric blanket because we wanted one with non-digital controls and finally ordered ours online. We wanted manual controls because DSIL warned us that the digital ones were not as reliable as we would want. We've been quite happy with the results. :bigsmile:

Today we are taking my VW Touareg in for maintenance and will be talking with them about a buy back. It is one of the VW scandal vehicles. I like the car well enough, but hated the purchase process. DH was in lust with it and a total jerk, compounded with pressure sales tactics. I NEVER want to go through anything like that again. I am somewhat distrustful of DH & the day. Talking about the potential of buyback is worrisome. He is now lusting after a truck big enough to tow a trailer we don't have. The Touareg is comfortable enough and gets great fuel economy.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    I took pity on DH this afternoon and went with him for the big shop. He was intending to do it alone, but we needed a lot of stuff and he has come down with yet another bad chest. That is his third one in a year. He's losing his voice as well. Poor love. <3 He hates being under the weather as he is normally so fit. Don't know why he keeps getting these, but my yoga friend had the same thing recently. They didn't meet up, so it must just be "about".

Kate UK - When we lived in Whitstable we had a similar thing in the summer months. I loved the live trad jazz on Friday lunchtimes. Now we are in the countryside I often don't go out of the house for days on end. It can get to me, but it does make me get on with my writing. A full and active life is death to a writer. :laugh:

I am debating whether to go to the W I tonight. I haven't been in about eight months as we thought we were moving. Now I suppose I should rejoin. I hope I can get a reduction in the yearly fee as we are half way through. I want to go tonight as they have a female undertaker talking about her job. Don't know if you call them that. Someone who deals with dead bodies and funerals. I seem to be obsessed with all things to do with death at the moment. :noway: Reading lots of books.
    One problem is the horrible weather. Gales blowing. I don't really want to take the new car, because the parking is horrible there, but I can't ask DH to take me with his chest. So I could walk and get blown to bits! At least it would be light when I come out to walk home. Hmmmmmmmm.
    Driving was fine this morning. I didn't meet anyone in the lane. :D
    The petrol car is much quieter than the diesel. Otherwise much the same except for a fancy display unit that annoys me.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx