WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla and Jenn, one day I want to see Vancouver. I have some cousins that live in Seattle. Now mostly all of her pictures are of nature such as waterfall, lighthouses, sunsets, whales, etc. but she is a natural photographer and it is make soon there so enticing. Today at lunch both my sister agreed that when our husbands died, that will be a trip we take. These cousins are twins in a family of 7 kids and they frequently have family reunions output there s that would be a perfect time. I am framing. One of her pictures to give my sister as a gift.

I hope you all had the kind of Father's Day celebration that you wanted to. I know we had a fantastic time, just my sister and her DH! Their son and his DW! Charlie and I and Michelle. It was also the celebration of the burning of their mortgage. He is an accountant and has refinanced their home so many times my poor sister thought they would never own it. He is a wonderful accountant but it took him a long time to find a job. There are so many people out there that want their accountant to fix their books. Jeff just won't do that so he was with fired or he quit quite often. He has now been in his present position for a long time and has stepped down from manager to an employee because just like most us is approaching 70, my sis is on her 2nd cancer and he wants more quality of life.

We had a real nice service this morning. As I have said before, our preacher doesn't preach on themes, he goes through the Bible, chapter by chapter. Today just happened to be the definition of a family. So many different kinds of family and I am glad that MFP created a forum such as this that we could have this sisterhood. It is quite the family. The choir sang 'As for me and my house, we will serv the Lord'. I have always thought of that song as a wedding song but when you sing it, it is about a family. Or a church family, or a close group like us. No, we all don't worship the same God here but he have a commitment to help each other in the loving way that the song says to.

We are going. To contact the landscaper tomorrow and sign a contract. He is about 2 months our for work wouldn't begin until like late August or September. I remind Charlie, don't we women have to do that quite frequently, that we have over the minimum that he stated he wanted in the back to have both and bac k yard done. So we will have that done. There was on,y one item we can scratch off his list. He wanted to divert our guttering 45 degrees, dig a trench in the yard and put a pop up drainage in the front yard. For one thing I don't understand it and another thing, when the contractor put the guttering downspout where he did it, we wanted it facing that way to go down into the driveway. I don't know the names of these plants but we saw some plants at Wally World today that are perrinials that Charlie liked. Beautiful variagted leaves in night purple and green colors. When Charlie finds a plant he likes, I better think hard in getting it! Speaking of plants and Charlie, I have only recieved them once from him and that was at the birth of Christina. He felt so proud of himself. He gave me a cactus! But it was in a. Ice little pot, notice little so the cactus was little. We still use the vase/pot on his dresser as a place to put things in that come out of his pockets at night. He is very proud of that gift. I have never asked or hinted I wanted a flower from him.

LIsa, yet a mother wonderful talent?

Joyce, Insiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    That was a lot of reading to catch up again but I did.

Michele - So sorry to hear about your cousin. Life is so unpredictable.

Allie - Do Not trust a word that man utters. The sooner you get him out, the better.

Pip - Awesome! Congratulations to you and Kirby.

Bear Lady Weez! - congratulations on losing 10 lbs.

Camping was good other than being a little chilly at times. We took Keira. I think she had a good time. We did puzzles, coloured, painted rocks, explored, walked along the river, watched squirrels and birds. It was a nice bonding time.
    Pulled out my journal and realized I haven't written since last August. It was nice to just put down some words and feelings. I have always journalled and it has helped me many times. Last August was spreading my friend's ashes and Steven's taking of his own life. I need to journal to help with my balance issue.

Spent quite a bit of time taking photos. I also read. I loved listening to the birds, squirrels and rushing water.

Good night
    -Sharon in Lethbridge
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~ another evening of not sleeping well..
    I think he is going to see an attorney this afternoon.. he is getting very brazen he had his cell phone in the family room, and I was in my bedroom, went into the master and saw him texting , when he saw me coming he put his phone down in the chair.
    think I might spend a few hundred bucks on a private eye, to take pictures of him leaving work with the girlfriend..to expensive to have him follow them up to New Hampshire..and Maine
    will ask my attorney but would love to put a note in his luggage saying have a great weekend you just nailed your coffin..
    dropping off the last of the paperwork I can get to her this morning..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of extreme strength DVD today. Originally I was planning to go to the Y to do some HIIT so now it looks like I'll probably do my HIIT at the hotel tomorrow.

Sharon - thank you very much for your thoughts

NYKaren - how wonderful you and Rori met up. Isn't she just a wonderful gal? Great looking salad. Was that some kind of Chinese noodle in there?

Denise just posted on Facebook about how she can't wait to get married and how she's looking forward to the cake topper that I got her. Little does she know that I got it mainly as a joke for Pete from the Salvation Army. Not like I'll tell her, either.

Going to get some things ready before we leave.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: I am really out of this loop. I don't know what a VPN is, either. :embarassed: Your poutine looks like a mix of nuts & dried fruit. It also looks quite yummy.

Sharon: I'm glad you were able to put words down in your journal. Writing is an important part of you. :star:

Both of our kids remembered that yesterday was Father's Day and called their dad. I completely forgot and feel awful about it. No card, no special meal, nothing. I am ashamed of myself and sad that I let my wonderful DH down.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"Normally I'm quite normal . . ." The Gods Must be Crazy

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- don't be hard on yourself, you can always make today or tomorrow his very very very special day! I am sure you know how to do that! Breakfast in bed…

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65, 5X5X 75
    OHP- 1X5X 45, 5X5X 50
    DL- 15X 115

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 14X7X35

June move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to mow the upper part of our lawn today and plant a lot of flowers! The flower shop at 50% off then another 50% off so I have my work cut out for me!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;):p
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Made my DH Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages with spaghetti and meat sauce. Stayed within my calorie limit! :) Have to to for a prescription checkup tomorrow and hoping my weight will not be more than it was last Fall.

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Katla - Over here it is the children who should be making a fuss of their dads, not their wives! :noway: DH believes it is just a commercial conspiracy by the card companies (he is right) so even his daughters don't get in touch. I certainly did nothing special for him. I save that for the two anniversaries we celebrate and his birthday.

Hot again here. DH went big store shopping, bless him. I stayed in the cool and prepped dinner, made yoghurt and did a few chores. The gardening work is starting tomorrow (!!!!!) :o so this evening I want to pick the dill, arugula and coriander that is in one of the beds they are taking out. Also plant the rosemary. DH has a lot of gooseberries and blackcurrants to pick, though they are only replacing the wood around that bed. I hope with minimal disruption. I don't know what they are going to make of the shed full of junk when they come to remove the shed tomorrow! I hope they can just leave it in situ.
    I have put my front fuschia in the shade for now - it doesn't like being baked against the wall in the afternoon. ;)

At the moment I am typing this lying on our bed with the exercise room fan blasting cool air at me. Well, the air isn't cool, but I feel cooler. B) Nice.

Reading a book called BEHAVE, by a brain scientist about why we do what we do. Interesting.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,439 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Heather – we don’t make a big deal of Father’s Day at our house either – takes the pressure off DH to get ME something for Mother’s Day from the animals and agree that it’s another commercial holiday – we don’t really do Valentine’s Day either. The critters gave him kisses and he was happy with that. <3

Michele – has Vince always been into drums and making music? My DH really got into it after he retired, trying to recapture his youth I guess and spent time playing the drums (he also walled off part of his shop) until he broke his back. His claim to fame was playing the drums in a local teen band that opened for Freddy Cannon at some fair over 50 years ago, lol. He is a good guitar player and several nice ones, but the arthritis in his hands has taken a toll. :'(

The big news here is Amazon buying Whole Foods and what that will do to Walmart. So many neat little grocery stores closed in our area when Walmart came in about 15 years ago, they just couldn’t compete. One of the last hold-out grocery stores that sold a lot of organic and specialty foods including great fresh meat has announced they are going out of business so are now in “20% off everything” mode. I loaded up on Bragg’s organic Apple Cider Vinegar on Saturday and may get more since it keeps for years.

I consider Walmart a necessary evil. >:)

Found this photo on FB this morning. Just yesterday I took the light dumbbells and ankle weights off the counter in the potting shed to make room for heavier weights. Don’t want to get rid of them – they may come in handy some day if I am recuperating from an injury.

oa4emvypnxnq.jpg

It's going to be warm (80's) and humid today...."sultry" for here. So far we've been lucky it hasn't been a cooker here in the Pacific Northwest like in so many other areas.

Have a great week!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Well we had quite the weekend...2 tornadoes on Friday night. We spent most of the weekend without power and had a huge maple tree broken in half. So I spent a lot of the weekend cleaning up! Hope you all survived the bad weather too! Meg from Omaha where the college world series goes on!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,746 Member
    Options