WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Congrats Pip and Kirby!!!!!! Both getting First!!!! You two are so great! Again great job!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Chris from MA. Wonderful event!!! I showed my Navy husband!
    Becca

He would have felt right at home, a lot of Navy men and women.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    Stats for the day-
    40th annual Beach 2 chowder run- 1st paid for 10krun- 56.02min, 187mhr, 9.01min mi according to my Strava app = 592c 1st in my age group , 7th overall female
    Apple Watch- 576
    Other- weed wack lot- 87min = 420c
    Appleiwatch- 411c

Total cal 1012
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Good evening MFP friends!
    Well I wrote a bunch of stuff and I hit "done" (on my iPhone) instead of "post reply" and poof! Gone!! Oh well... :p

Sue, love the pictures of the horses in that pasture grass! Heavenly!

Pip, congrats on a race well deserved!

Becca, good for you to go shopping for Becca!

Lisa, little Egg is so cute!!

Allie, under no circumstances do not let Tim stay there for a year! That is just crazier than walking down a dark alley by yourself! Anything could happen!

Chris, the tall ships are so beautiful! What a great experience to see them!

DH and I went to Smokin' in Style for BBQ tonight. I had a pulled pork sandwich w/out the bun and coleslaw and baked potato salad. Good as usual. They serve Memphis style BBQ a little different than our beloved Austin, Texas BBQ places but still really good eats! I even had a mug of ice cold lite beer. Two days in a row indulging. But only 13 calories over. So not too bad.

Have a great evening all!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :) I took Jake out to lunch in honor of Fathers' Day. He says that this is the first time I've ever done that. My memory is bad enough that I can't argue the point with him. He considered many different places to go but we ended up in the same Chinese restaurant we always go to and eating exactly the same thing. I worked in the front yard on my rock project this morning and each of the neighbors who walked by said, "Wow, that looks like work". Later we took a two hour nap.

<3 Barbie from currently drizzling NW Washington
  • pipcd34
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did 40 minutes of Personal Training with Jackie DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii.

Allie - Tom wants you to stay in the house for a year after the divorce????? What IS he thinking? So sorry about your SIL

drkatie - actually, I have both kinds of bands, the ones with handles and the ones that look like big rubber bands. Actually, I have a third kind, too. This one looks like a long strip of rubber.

After exercising, went to Bi-Lo. I thought I'd gotten more Baker's Chocolate and wanted to see if they had any more. Nope. But they did have chocolate chips. I just found that interesting, both are used in baking. Then went to the farmer's market and got some purple potatoes. On the way home stopped at Food Lion to get sweet potatoes and baking potatoes (we needed them and they were on sale). Home and made a bp and sp for us to have during the week.

Heather - lovely photos. Looks like you all had a great time.

jennymo - welcome. There are quite a few line dancers on here, especially barbie

Well, we trimmed most of the trees. Then came in and made a key lime cake to take with me. Found out that the service will be Mon from 6-7 with a short service following. We're going to stay overnight in a hotel. Plan to make some sausage and peppers to take with me also. Then went to church, home for dinner and to ice the cake (made the icing, seems to need a bit more sweetness, just not sure how to get it. Maybe instead of water use corn syrup?

Normally, I do some of my cooking/baking for the week on Sat. and/or sun. I do need to make a key lime pie in case I have Rummikub here next Tues. We will see what happens. Still waiting to find out when the funeral will be. Update: A friend is going to have Rummikub. If I get home in time, I may go. Who knows when I'll get home?

Got a recipe for sweet potato chocolate chip muffins at the farmer's market. That sounds interesting. I may try it.

lisa - welcome! We're here for ya, check in as often as you can and let us cheer you on

Re - so sorry you're in such pain. Hope it and the puffiness subside quickly. I don't feel that a kettlebell would be portable enough. Yes, it doesn't take a whole lot of room. But on the other hand, it can be quite heavy. I have some DVD's that have a workout on the bosu. Really, you can do most any step on the bosu that you can do on a step. Kicks, lunges, hopping over the middle, etc.

Chris in MA - awesome pics

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stats for the day-
    40th annual Beach 2 chowder run- 1st paid for 10krun- 56.02min, 187mhr, 9.01min mi according to my Strava app = 592c 1st in my age group , 7th overall female
    Apple Watch- 576
    Other- weed wack lot- 87min = 420c
    Appleiwatch- 411c

Total cal 1012

And......you shall sleep will tonight! On a race day do you lose lbs? Or is it balanced by all the fluids you drink? Do you have a high carb meal the night before? Just curious.
    Becca
    Such a non runner I feel like an alien in
    Oregon!
  • coastalgosgal
    Michele in NC. OK I had to google Rummikub! It sounded like some Amish function, so I was curious. Like Mahjong, interesting!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 306 Member
    Margaret,

Yes my doctor checks my A1C at least once a year and watches me for diabetes. I also have an under active thyroid and have been on synthroid for 18 years for that.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Congrats , Pip!

Lisa in West Texas
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,817 Member
    Pip ... congratulations! You look great!

Allie ... No, just no, to Tom's suggestion.

Beth
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    It's been a long day and no time to read. Just checking in to say I'm thinking of you.

Love,
    DJ <3
  • pipcd34
    Z
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    Pip, congratulations

469367makfzcur9b.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Pip – So you spend your weekend at the beach, cutting grass? That would not really be my idea of a restful weekend. I know all the exercise and stuff; but, as tall as it is, couldn’t you find some teenager who would be willing to mow it back every few months?

Whoo-Hoo - #1!!! And Kirby, too! WOW! Great for youl

Boy, I wish I had your ‘tan’ or naturally ‘dark’ skin. But, I won’t get a tan this year, since the pool is ‘not open’. Oh well, white and having to walk on a treadmill for exercise. Going to start walking outside; but, it doesn’t burn as many calories as the treadmill does, even 4x as long. Go figure! Trampoline to be set up (maybe) tomorrow. Takes two to do so.

Katla – They do have foam padded splints for broken fingers. I am sure you could find one at a pharmacy or ask them about them. Your finger is supported by the metal splint that has foam on it for padding. That’s what I have gotten the few times I have broken or jammed my finger. Makes it a little difficult to move it; but, that is the point.

LSU has now caught up with FL State! YEAH!!!!! Never have like FL State; and Will’s bosses all went to LSU. Wonder if they are watching the baseball games. I love baseball; but, especially college, HS, and Dixie League of all ages.

We’re going to Trey and Jenn’s tomorrow (Sunday) to grill steaks out and celebrate him ‘getting old(er).”

Lenora