WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Today Jake wanted to talk about a vegan eating plan he read about. This is from a man who just recently decided to eat meat again and bought a lot of meat and a food saver to wrap it properly for freezing. He also eats ice cream after lunch every day. The only veggies he eats are salads with blue cheese dressing, V-8 juice, corn, and cauliflower. He prefers white bread. More will be revealed.

:) I routinely drink 72 ounces of water. I drink no coffee, tea, or juice. It has worked for me so. far.

<3 Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    1y9brpr6dswt.jpg

So Oregon! My neighbors giggling at each other while they stumble around their driveway! You don't see plastic dinosaurs everyday!!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    higs9zrish5f.jpg
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Weezieweeks (Louise) - There must be because I think “Louise” was a part of the user name; and, I ‘assumed’ her name was Louise. Might have been incorrect. Gee, at this point, I’m not sure I can eve ‘read’. Louis came in tonight and said something, it did not register with me and I asked him about it, he swore he did not say anything even close. I am sure hoping this is not a sign that my meds are getting wacked out again. GYN put me on about 5 different vitamins and/or supplements. Not sure that my PsycheMD would approve. Got a call into him; but, will probably be tomorrow before I hear anything. Sunday we had a ‘date’ night and I leaned over to dry the back of my hair and got dizzier than I have ever been and I almost passed out. Now, if I lean my head ‘back’ I get dizzy. I can’t deal with this for very long. I’ve had several concussions due to hitting the floor during a seizure.

This woman definitely referred to a ‘diet’ and that she had been off MFP for a while and was trying it again.

Ginger in Texas – Where is the best place to get a Texas Road map? I thought surely I could print one out; but, haven’t checked my printer … Louis has the FL/OK softball game on and I haven’t been able to hear it. I usually do hear it start up. We’re thinking of taking a swing through TX and then wrapping back around to Louisiana to visit Will and Tami for a week. I’ve only been to San Antoine for training with my job; but, that was 20+ years ago. Seems like a helluva drive to anywhere. Especially when you see a map of Texas over the countries in Europe.

Sarah – I have that same “What have you lost?” list and took it to my Nutritionist. She thought it was hysterical. I think yours might be a slight bit different than mine. I’ll make a copy of it, too.

Dana – Hope you get to feeling better real soon! Love the dragonfly.

Becca – We have a way of raising money (I think it is for breast cancer), where you get pink flamingos set up in your yard. HAHAHAHA! They better not ‘flamingo’ me; because they won’t get them back. When a friend of mine lived in Atlanta area, a neighbor around the corner had a bunch of pink flamingos in her yard, and when it got cold, she tied scarfs around their necks.

Are these plastic blow-up dinosaurs? Or is someone wrapped up as them? How do they keep them from blowing away?

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

I could have ridden home it was a nice day but taking care of the hip
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.37min. 15.1amph, 130mhr, 2.9mi = 101c
    apple watch- 102c
    Plyometrics exercises- 12.20min, 3ets of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to toe single leg touches, 98ahr, 140mhr = 103c
    apple watch- 105c
    SPIN CLASS- 31min, 85ar, 90aw, 10-15g, 125ahr, 147mhr, 12.9mi = 258c
    apple watch- 274c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.30min, 13amph, 127mhr, 1.4mi = 60c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.21min, 11.9amph, 140mhr, 121ahr, 3mi = 140c
    apple watch- 112c
    walk station 2 wk, bad hip, full bkpack- 9.52min, 94ahr, 109mhr, 3.1sp, .5mi = 54c
    apple watch- 46c
    walk wk 2 sta- 7.05min, 15.06ap, 136mhr, w/backpack, .4mi = 58c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.53min, 9.3amph, 151mhr, 129ahr, 2.6mi = 182c
    apple watch- 161c

total cal 956
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Dana I am sorry you are not feeling well! Take care!
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Leigh - thanks for the Thai Pea soup recipe. Will have to try it.

Lanette - my little watchdog is a rescue, so not sure what he is, but the vet thinks he might be part Schnauzer, part poodle. How anyone could let him wander off and not go to the humane society to get him back always surprises me. He is a very loving little dog and I am so glad he is mine.

Dana - hope you are feeling better soon.

Lenore - my children had the front lawn decorated with pink flamingos for my 40th birthday - in December!.

Hugs everyone. Take care of yourselves.

Paula Y.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Lenora, those are two sane adults in large plastic inflatable dinosaur suits! Its gets windy, but never that windy!

Becca
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lenora Thanks, I was just as confused. There are a lot of members and it's hard to keep up, so I appreciate a response. I did meet with a dietitian, so thought maybe there was more than one Louise.

Louise in Vegas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Lenora - I'm not sure of the best place to get a Texas map. When I'm traveling Texas I use my car's navigation system or an app like Google maps. You could check the TXDOT website (Texas Dept of Transportation). You can buy a paper map at most truck stops. You're right - it's a pretty far piece to most things in Texas.

By the way: if you need roadside assistance (flat tire, out of gas or other non-emergency assistance) in Texas: call Texas Roadside Assistance at 1-800-525-5555. A Dept of Public Safety operator will contact a Texas state trooper or local police agency to send help or check on you.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, I have enjoyed reading all of the posts and the many pictures. I am sending this from my phone so very hard write very much.
    I just received my new fitbit, looking forward to getting to know it.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    Marti in Ontario Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,844 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    On my morning walk to the bus ... not far from where I live ...
    31675746400_3427c6e5df_c.jpg

Our beach on a very calm evening ...31011075792_7b3123159e_c.jpg

Our beach on a wavier day ...
    24249694295_24fce19424_c.jpg

@pitegny ... yes, I love the colour of the water around here. :) It changes with the weather, like moods.

@Katla49 ... the first photo and second photos would have been taken in late spring (November-ish), and the third one is in summer, probably pretty close to Christmas.

@lhscapil ... I like it when it gets stormy too ... the waves get really big then, and the blowhole (which is up in the cliff in the third photo) gets stirring.

The climate here is very much like the Pacific Northwest. :)

@GRITSandSLUTS ... I live in Australia, in our southern-most state.

I'm Canadian-Australian, citizen of both countries. Spent the first 40-ish years of my life in Canada then moved to Australia and have been here 8 years. (I've also spent 1-2 years of my life in the US, about 6 months in Europe, and several weeks in Asia. :grin: )
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for wishing me well.

Lenora yes, contact TxDOT's website. When I worked for TxDOT in Austin, they have have a map dept. on RiversIde Dr. Or you can stop at any roadside visitors center/rest stops and they have them there also for free.

Becca You have some silly neighbors there! LOL Funny dinosaurs!

Lanette I think those airplane germs are the worst!!
    Better Call Saul is on!! Yeah!

Dana in Arkansas
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today is day 7 on my diet. I have lost 4 pounds, which is a little disappointing since it was the jumps tart cleanse. But I'm going to stay positive.
    Heather and Karen: I had always heard the 64 Oz was the minimum water someone should drink, and I had heard that you should drink half your weight in water. I live in Arizona, so it is very hot, 108 degrees F today. I have never been a big water drinker and struggle to drink more than 64 oz. So your information was good to hear.
    I am loving reading all your posts and looking at all your pictures, all of your love of life and family shines through in your posts.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did 10 minutes of carb burner DVD, held plank for 2 min 50 sec, then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD on the rebounder

katla - I don't know what your counters are made of, but mine are granite and it's always been said that you shouldn't use vinegar on granite. Now, I've accidentally used it and it hasn't really been a problem. I guess the problem comes in when you use it multiple times.

I was just reading that one thing (supposedly) that takes away itching is to soak in a baking soda bath. Since we have a fair amount of baking soda for the pool, I might give this a try. Can't hurt. Baking Soda would even be gentle on the pipes going to the septic.

janetr - lovely rock

Lenora - sometimes I misprounounce names in the bible, but I keep telling myself "no one will know". And it's true. I think a lot of times people are just grateful for someone else to do it.

Rori - always on the go, that's you. You do a great job staying in all those hotels, food and exercise-wise. I'm always amazed

Beautiful pictures

Heather - congrats

Kate - here's hoping the wait isn't too long

Leigh - good going on the loss! Good job planning

Had bowling today, then home for dinner, ceramics and then mahjongg. I was initially disappointed in a way that the gal who hosts the mahjongg asked someone else. I like playing with only three people, give more opportunities. But in the end it's worked out since now I can leave earlier since I live further away. Before I felt badly leaving early since I knew they needed at least 3 people to play

Felicia - I do hope you feel better fast

matchka - beautiful pics

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Machka – I have a friend and his wife who spend 6 months state-side; and 6 months in New Zealand. He has sent me some beautiful pictures from there. One of my former HS friends took a cruise to Australia (or went on a cruise while there, maybe flew over). She and her S/O take 2 or 3 cruise a year since they’ve been together (about 3 – 3 ½ years). Last one, they just got back from was to Egypt. She shares her trips on FB, so I feel like I have traveled with her. We get together about 4x a year.

Dana – We’re planning on leaving home about a week before we normally spend a week with DYS and his family (in Louisiana – right across the MS River from Natchez, MS) and we were thinking of looping from Houston to San Antoine, to Austin, Waco, Dallas and back into Shreveport, LA and then down. We are not taking Cracker with us, will probably board her since DOS and DDnL#1 both work and GDs would not want to come let her in-and-out every day several times a day and I don’t want her crated all day or ‘out’ all day. Their lab, Luna, is a bad influence on her. I’m just afraid we’ll be doing a lot more driving than sight-seeing.

Michele – I can remember one particular Mass when the lector tried her best to ‘stumble over’ a name that was in the reading several times. By the 3rd time, I think she was near tears, she got very quiet and hard to hear. I would be reading my part beforehand and asking the priest how it is phonetically pronounced … that is, if I did do lecturing. Not going there.
    I ‘might’ take my dominoes to Louisiana when we go, and, maybe Tami and Mallory will be willing to play a few games.

Watching Florida and UOK playing softball. Those girls are at the top of the 17th; they have to be getting tired. Louis is having no luck at staying away; but, I have woken him up every time that FL has come to bat. The home plate umpire is an older man, and he is also very tired. It has to be bad on the back! I’m going to sleep well tonight, hopefully. Got to make sure I have taken my evening meds, I am pretty sure, just have to double-check.

Lenora