WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) Today was a big dance day. The usual class in the morning and then practice for the fair performance in the afternoon. In between Jake fixed lunch and we took a nap. After dancing we did out grocery shopping and shopped for shorts for him. We found some that he liked and they fit so I made him buy two pair.

:) Jake's friend wanted to bury his cat in his own yard but the ground was too hard and rocky so they drove way out into the country on a road called "Lost Mountain" and found a place where the soil was soft enough for them to dig.

:)Katla, I treat my three line dance mornings as untouchable and don't let anything interfere. When Jake schedules doctor's appointments he tell them that those three mornings are not possible. I know how much you love your yoga and riding classes and hate to miss them.

:)Re, I intend to continue cheering you on as you continue your journey from size 16 to size 6. You have what it takes to not give up and keep going until you get there.

<3 Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    SueBDew- thank you I really appreciate that. I agree on that you have to read all the posts. Sometimes life just gets really busy. Have a fun trip!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Allie – All along, I’ve had it in my head that the man in your avatar was TomCat. Nice looking man; but, it isn’t his fault that I wanted to ‘hunt him down and hurt him slowly’. You need a ‘new’ avatar. Especially, after you told us who he was. Maybe a picture of TomCat, so we can ‘throw darts’ at it.

Lanette – I usually buy a bag of the individual Blue Bell ice cream servings; that way I get that ‘craving’ I have; but, I keep the serving manageable. Otherwise, I would grab the gallon and spoon ice cream and end up eating 2 or 3 scoops (1 ½ cups).

We have a neighbor down the road that raises tomatoes. My goodness, such a short time and when they are gone, they’re gone. Got about 7 at this moment; so tomato sandwiches are in our future for the next week.
    I’d like to take a Master Gardener course. I have a former HS classmate who is one. It took a while to take it.

JennieLeeAu… - Fox Squirrels???? Bigger than city squirrels; which are considered ‘fuzzy tailed’ rats. We see them around here, we’ve had a solid black one, a black one with white tips on its ears, nose, and paws, several different ones with various grays, and a white one. We are 'out in the country'. We try not to kill them because that are not all that common. They are twice the size of city squirrels and a lot meatier/muscular.

Re – It’s so nice when you are able to be on here with us. We all enjoy your ‘names’ for us. You are so uplifting, too!

Michele – I hope you put the ‘dead’ cat inside a plastic bag; or else you might find it has been dug up and will have a congress of buzzards in your yard. LOL!!! “Congress of Buzzards” … I think we have one already! LOL!!!!

My appliances are on my counter (or on the wire shelving rack we have. I’d like to have cabinets built so that they’d be ‘hidden’; but, that is a project further down the line. My DYS and DDnL#2 said that when they build of buy a house to remodel; they are going to have wider counters and have roll up places so that they can put them behind doors. That sounds like a ‘wonderful’ thing. Wish we had thought of that. Will is such a ‘minimalist’ that he hates ‘clutter’. He comes home and just ‘shakes’ his head; but, we basically have 7 rooms (2400 sq. ft. houseful of furniture) crammed in about 5 rooms (about 1400 sq. ft.). There is not a single wall that doesn’t have something hung on it, or in front of it, or both. I told Louis when we were building the house that I wanted outlets every 6’. But, that did not happen and what did happen was other than the outlet below our double window in the den, every single outlet we have is behind a big piece of furniture (or really close to it). We ended up having more outlets put in; and, we could have saved so much more if it had been ‘done’ the way I had wanted it in the first place. We still have to unplug the microwave to be able to plug in our griddle.

Sorry for the passing of your friend/neighbor. I think my mother’s weight did not help her health-wise. I remember when we called in Hospice for our Mother; they asked her what "Hospice" meant to her. She told them, 'that I only have 6 months to live'. They told her, not really and went in to explain all the things they'd be doing for her. But, I think she lived just over 5 months afterwards.

Lenora
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Earlier in June we had a great week in the Rockies ... visiting family and friends along the way, hiking up to the tops of mountains, and cycling in the area where we got married.

Last week, we had a great week on Vancouver Island ... visiting friends, exploring Victoria and many other parts of the island, and doing lots and lots of cycling.

M ... usually in Oz
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    When our girls were young and we were in the hamster stage, we had a lot of dead animals ventral my. Those were also the days of the styrofoam containers from McDonalds. We have this little area in our backyard that got picked as the animal graveyard. Buddy, our dog, I don't know how many hamsters, genia pigs, birds, snakes, any pet they had and died were all buried there. First the animal was mummified as much as I could with paper towels and tape then the styrofoam box was wrapped up tight. There aren't any markers there but we all know it is there.

I saw 2 red birds or cardinals mating outside today. It was interesting to see their dance. I was getting in the car when I saw them and I didn't want to disturb them by turning on the engine so I stood outsid in the 90+ heat until they eventually flew away.

When this house was built, it had what we thought was a wonderful walk in pantry. It's not big in today's standards but it was nice for us. The kitchen really doesn't have that much counter or cabinet space. So I gave one cabinet for spices but all other food goes in the pantry. If you can imagine a piece of metal size paper and turn it on its side, on one end is 3 shelves and the other end 1 shelf up high and the floor space empty. Our trash can is there and I put cleaning supplies on the one shelf. Well over the years I knew I wanted more. So we took out all the shelves in one end, installed pull out shelves, added one more and then be long shelf on the back of the pantry. That long shelf is where I put small kitchen appliances. I do gave a microwave cart that gas one shelf and crock pot and cook books are there. The kitchen is not well thought out.

Joyce, indiana
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Pals!

I’ve been feeling sort of blue and out of sorts. Nothing much, besides the usual, going on…perhaps it’s just a culmination of all the stuff we been through during the last six months finally taking its toll on me.

We have a long weekend so I think I’ll spend it just being quiet and cleaning out some stuff from one of my junk closets. It’s amazing how quickly stuff can build up. I am going to use my “haven’t touched it in over a year so out it goes method”.

Thank you for all the anniversary wishes. DH and I had a wonderful long weekend celebration in Norfolk, VA and even drove down to Virginia Beach for a walk along the shore. We had a great time at the Bayou Boogaloo Festival. It was so hot that we didn’t eat much and drank lots and lots of water. We returned with wonderful tans and just a little sun burn. We really needed the trip.

Earnie: Welcome! I looked for a picture of a redbone coonhound – He is beautiful! It is different having a hunting dog for a fur baby. I have a Weimariner named Blue who has made a great game of shooting out the back door to chase squirrels and birds in the yard. He has presented us with several gifts – yuck!

Becca: Kudos to you for jogging. I want to jog too but I am so top heavy that I feel like the girls are going to smack me in the face. Everyone says to buy a good sports bra, but I just cringe at the thought of laying out $60 (minimum) for my size.

JennieLee: Loved the pictures of the black squirrel. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before.

Allie: All I can say is “Wow”! I know it must have been shocking and hurtful to find out that Tom’s relationship had been going on for so long. Now you know why he has been an a**hole for so long. If nothing else once Ms. E gets her notice it will all become real to her! I’m going to bet Tomcat will get ditched! For three years you have done all the work and she reaped the benefits. A girlfriend can always look good and be happy for the couple of hours she spends with someone else’s husband. A wife usually takes on so many responsibilities that she’s happy to go to the bathroom for alone time. So as you move on to a new season in your wonderful new life make sure you treat yourself well because you deserve it!

Tere in RVA

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    thanks Tere xoxox
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Off to Hove in an hour to spend a night with the family. Looking forward very much to seeing the grandchildren.
    I'm taking the rice pudding I made yesterday in the Instant Pot. :D
    Weather dull and a bit chilly, so I'm taking a warm cardigan. And an umbrella. We will be picking Max up from school this afternoon.
    Speak later.
    Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy last day of June everyone. Don't forget to look for Barbie's new month link and bookmark it so you can find us again, newbies :)

Laying low today, I think I did too much on the elliptical cause my knee was really achy yesterday so taking a day off from exercise, maybe just a little walking.

Hugs to everyone <3 NYKAREN
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Today is going to busy. Waiting for a doctor's office to open so I can make an emergency appointment for my older son. His sleep apnea mask has done something horrible to the area under his lower lip. Huge blister-like, but hard thing that is doing something nasty on one side (believe me that's all the detail you want). Then, if everything will be ok, we have an appointment to address wheelchair woes. And somewhere in there I'm supposed to make and deliver dinner to a church member who had double knee surgery. Oh ... and go to work ... not sure that's going to happen!

Beth
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 45/55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Allie - Happy Birthday! Have a great day Celebrating with your friends!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Allie. Enjoy your special day.
    SueBDew in Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Allie! :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    N
  • Mauitn
    Mauitn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    TeRe in RVA, the Weimariners are so beautiful. One our walk this morning, a skunk crossed the street in front of us and it was all I could do to hold her back. Certainly don’t want a skunked dog.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beth (((hugs))) for such a stress-filled day. Hoping the mask and wheelchair fixes are quick and reliable, sounds really painful. Sending <3 and strength. NYKAREN
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I have enjoyed reading all the posts! Let me introduce myself; my name is Rosalie and I .live in middle Georgia. I am 67, saved, married, 7 children (2 deceased), 26 grands, 9 great-grands, and I work from home part time. Currently, I weigh 233 lbs. (5'2), have CHF, RA, HBP, OA, and Reflux. As you can see, I need to lose weight for the sake of my health. I know God didn't mean for me to mistreat my body this way, but I forget that when I see foods I want or like!

Michele, I recently had to have my black Lab, Rambo, put down; since I live in an apt, I couldn't bury him in the back yard. Fortunately, my vet lives on a farm, and he has a place where he buries pets for his customers. That was a blessing because I didn't want him cremated!

I, too, keep my appliances on my counter. There's not very much counter space in my small kitchen, but I love cooking gadgets, so my counter top is full. Those I don't use regularly are in the storage room. By the way, what is an insta pot?

I love the picture of the black squirrel; I don't remember ever seeing one before. Our squirrels are grey, but last year, while visiting my son in Virginia, I say the prettiest golden squirrel! It really was beautiful!

Well, I must go now; I'm scheduled to work 3 hours today starting at 11 am. Be back later! Have a blessed day all!