Help! Bridesmaid dress doesn't fit. 2 weeks to go..

Options
124»

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    Just wear it during the service, then change into something that fits better for the reception.

It's just a wedding. I got married for $100 to someone I'd known for 2 months on a holiday, and been married 25 years and counting. It's just one day, and no-one but you will remember what you wore to the reception.

The bride may frown on her changing after the ceremony. I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding and we had these long, high-necked sheath dresses with really light weight fabric - I felt like I was wearing a long slip and felt really uncomfortable in it. I asked her if I could change out of it for the reception, and it was a big NO. Bridesmaids usually don't change out of their dresses. You may not have cared, but plenty of people do, and pictures last forever.

Sheesh, I'm not saying change into a tracksuit and ugg boots, and she's not going to have "Bridesmaid" tattooed on her forehead in the photos.

Just wear the tight dress in the ceremony, then change into a nice dress suitable for a wedding for the reception, if the bridesmaid dress doesn't have enough material in it to be taken out.

Where did I say to change into a tracksuit and Ugg boots??? Obviously it's a wedding so you would put something nice on, but I still say, if you are a bridesmaid, unless you want to stand out, wear the damn dress and suffer through it if you have to.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    As others have also mentioned, I would go low carb just for those two weeks. It won't be fun but it will work. Most of it will be water weight unless you already do low carb. Even though it will be water weight, it does take up room by making you bloated and you will feel less "jiggly" .. Just my opinion as I have done that before but everyone is different. :)
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Just wear it during the service, then change into something that fits better for the reception.

It's just a wedding. I got married for $100 to someone I'd known for 2 months on a holiday, and been married 25 years and counting. It's just one day, and no-one but you will remember what you wore to the reception.

The bride may frown on her changing after the ceremony. I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding and we had these long, high-necked sheath dresses with really light weight fabric - I felt like I was wearing a long slip and felt really uncomfortable in it. I asked her if I could change out of it for the reception, and it was a big NO. Bridesmaids usually don't change out of their dresses. You may not have cared, but plenty of people do, and pictures last forever.

Sheesh, I'm not saying change into a tracksuit and ugg boots, and she's not going to have "Bridesmaid" tattooed on her forehead in the photos.

Just wear the tight dress in the ceremony, then change into a nice dress suitable for a wedding for the reception, if the bridesmaid dress doesn't have enough material in it to be taken out.

Where did I say to change into a tracksuit and Ugg boots??? Obviously it's a wedding so you would put something nice on, but I still say, if you are a bridesmaid, unless you want to stand out, wear the damn dress and suffer through it if you have to.

Yeah I have to say that I was the bride that didnt want the bridesmaids to change at my wedding last year. I paid for a very expensive photographer, and one girl wanted to put something more comfortable on. Which is fine, I wasnt a bridezilla or anything, but as a bridesmaid, your sitting at the head table, your getting your picture taken too, and generally the bride has a say in the dresses you get, and she picked them for a reason. I asked my girls not to change until we had finished dinner, and then if they wanted to change for dancing or anything that was fine. One of the girls did change, im not happy with how the pictures look but thats life, Im not going to get upset over it. But if the bride in the wedding your in does care, weddings can bring out the worse in people :D
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Never-mind.. I should have kept reading through all of the posts. Apparently you already lost the weight and the dress is too big now.