Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    everyone has a very different reaction to pretty much everything where changing the default metabolic process is concirned. For that reason im a fan of specifically tailored forms of restriction.

Source for this? Dare I ask?

It's not clear that you understand the purpose of the debate forum, or that you even understand what a debate is.

To counter your assertion:

https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html/

Everyone needs caloric restriction. Everyone has different preferences and what satiates and makes it easy for someone to adhere to a method of restriction will vary, but equating that to "changing the default metabolic process" No.

You beat me to it.
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    Really. ..... ok everything we do in terms of exercise nutrition has a direct and a secondary impact on what would otherwise be a default metabolic process.... ie your individual homeostasis.
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    no I'm not going to go through the infant mortality records from 1918 just to demonstrate a point.

Are you imagining that many of them list "keto" as the cause of death?

Of course not....I was just being facetious making the point that the deaths I am referring to before the current trend.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Why? Why? Why? especially if any sources I were to provide will just be dismissed out of hand.... just because they don't conform to your so-called standards.

this isn't rocket science we're not working in the health profession nobody cares what we say or think why is this so why do you care?

You obviously are not... doesn't mean some of us aren't (or won't be soon) and need to make sure our knowledge is accurate and as up-to-date as possible so at to not go killing people by accident.

I'd rather not have a lawsuit on my hands before I even fully finished my degree...
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    And hum.... as for nightlight an out of context part of a post to create an attack. .... very transparent.
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    as I said I was being very facetious and high infant mortality is just a fact of the early history prior to the incarnation.
This discussion has been closed.